• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cameron's Secret Weapon (768)

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Just realized something, we never saw Circle Throw's side effect. It knocked out Kenharou and then Tsutarja came out and didn't switch out from Circle Throw because Pikachu was the only Pokemon left and he's an out-of-the-ball Pokemon.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Just realized something, we never saw Circle Throw's side effect. It knocked out Kenharou and then Tsutarja came out and didn't switch out from Circle Throw because Pikachu was the only Pokemon left and he's an out-of-the-ball Pokemon.

We didn't see Dragon Tail's effect either. But that could be because the matches were 1 vs 1 or KO, though.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't know why anyone would try to defend a cheater. As I've said hundreds of times already, rules exist for a reason. Kotetsu was supposed to bring six Pokemon for the battle; that was the rule. He didn't bring six Pokemon; instead he brought five (Samurott, Ferrothorn, Swanna, Hydreigon and Riolu). Therefore he broke the rule and should be punished. But for some reason he's being heralded as the next Jesus Christ. Why is that? Everyone was so upset when Tobias defeated Ash using just two Pokemon, but Kotetsu literally broke the rules and is still being glorified? It's ridiculous. When will justice finally be served?

I don't know why anyone would try to defend a cheater. As I've said hundreds of times already, rules exist for a reason. Kotetsu was supposed to bring six Pokemon for the battle; that was the rule. He didn't bring six Pokemon; instead he brought five (Samurott, Ferrothorn, Swanna, Hydreigon and Riolu). Therefore he broke the rule and should be punished. But for some reason he's being heralded as the next Jesus Christ. Why is that? Everyone was so upset when Tobias defeated Ash using just two Pokemon, but Kotetsu literally broke the rules and is still being glorified? It's ridiculous. When will justice finally be served?

I agree. If only Cameron followed the rules and brought 6 Pokémon, I honestly wouldn't care about him beating Ash but not only is this horrible because he is breaking the rules but also for the fact that Ash still lost despite having the numbers advantage!

LizardonX

Banned
What did you expect considering Ash hamstrung himself by bringing in his absolute weakest combination of pokemon.

This is the anime, if they don;t want to give circle throw it's secondary effect they don't have to.

What did you expect considering Ash hamstrung himself by bringing in his absolute weakest combination of pokemon.

This is the anime, if they don;t want to give circle throw it's secondary effect they don't have to.

So what? It's the anime. They shouldn't have made Ash lose like this. They could have given Snivy, Boldore, Oshawott or Unfezant a win against Cameron's 6th Pokémon if he brought one like he should have.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
You know what's hilarious? The only reason why people are ranting is because of this one episode, before most people didn't mind Kotetsu.

But for some reason he's being heralded as the next Jesus Christ.
What's Naruto got to do with this? Nobody's defending anyone, stop looking too much into things. Also justice? This isn't a detective show.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I agree. If only Cameron followed the rules and brought 6 Pokémon, I honestly wouldn't care about him beating Ash but not only is this horrible because he is breaking the rules but also for the fact that Ash still lost despite having the numbers advantage!

Kotetsu/Cameron is just a bad character all around. And I still laugh like a maniac whenever someone tries to justify his sudden counter-attack by claiming that he uses his headband to get "brainwaves" or whatever. I mean someone already mentioned that he used that gimmick and still sent out a Pokemon with a type disadvantage, so it's clear that his headband isn't the source of his intelligence. I cry myself to sleep at night thinking about how terrible this League has been and how Ash really got trolled.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Kotetsu/Cameron is just a bad character all around. And I still laugh like a maniac whenever someone tries to justify his sudden counter-attack by claiming that he uses his headband to get "brainwaves" or whatever. I mean someone already mentioned that he used that gimmick and still sent out a Pokemon with a type disadvantage, so it's clear that his headband isn't the source of his intelligence. I cry myself to sleep at night thinking about how terrible this League has been and how Ash really got trolled.

They just seem to dislike Ash in this saga. It's as if they hated him for bring competent in DP and are trying to knock them down a peg. Even though they were the ones who write Ash in DP and BW.

matt0044

He's not a bad character but he's poorly executed in this regard and this episode is a prime example.

Pokechan

This league really has been poorly handled. It's like the writers are not even trying with the league anymore and from what I have seen this saga is beyond saving unless the N arc saves it somehow. Sometimes it feels like Ash is getting punished by the writers for his competence in the RSE and DPP saga and are making him lose battles that he should have won.

Last edited:

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
The battles were rushed too, to me it should have been a three part Episode mini arc like Paul's battle (it was three episode battle right?)

Yes, Ash's battle with Paul was three eppies.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
For the record, Kira, Kotetsu's headband has worked for him in his previous battles and made him come up with a strategy to counter his opponents.

This time, however, it didn't work. Why? Well I don't know, maybe he's done it so much it messed up his brain. Or he is too excited to think properly.

Rohanator

I don't know why anyone would try to defend a cheater.

I dislike Ash losing to Kotetsu with 6-5 just as much as any other person but that I just can't agree with. Cheating would be giving yourself an advantage by breaking the rules. Kotetsu is clearly not doing this. Does bringing 5 Pokemon somehow give him the edge in battle? I don't think so.
EDIT: I understand the "it's against the rules" thing, but he's still not cheating. And I suppose they wouldn't care about disqualifying the battle if neither player had any unfair advantages, they have an audience to think of lol.

Last edited:

Ke$ha

Banned
I was able to finally see this episode today after I missed it on Keyhole I thought Ash was doing very good but then he had to battle with Riolu and he started to have a bad time. I lold when Ash used Oshawott and I thought his Pignite was very powerful because it beat Hydriegon (spelling??). i didn't like that Kotesu was trollin Ash the hole time but I think its great for Ash to fight a tough battle like this. I cant wait for the next episode. :)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
You know what's hilarious? The only reason why people are ranting is because of this one episode, before most people didn't mind Kotetsu.

Exactly! They were all like "Kotetsu's an ever better rival than Trip so let's see him have a stupid friendly rival with Ash". Now it doesn't look all jolly now does it?

LizardonX

Banned
Exactly! They were all like "Kotetsu's an ever better rival than Trip so let's see him have a stupid friendly rival with Ash". Now it doesn't look all jolly now does it?

I just want ash to be sent packing with his tail between his legs. Whether its eeveelution domination or getting beaten by an air head who only bought 5 pokemon and almost forgot to register it makes no difference.

J Ken

RAVE

Friendly rivalries are good kind of annoying but alright, but not if it is the main event of the league. Even if Trip wasn't the best rival at least he stood out from the other rivals.The other rivals were too friendly and happy and how do we expect to get a good full battle when there is no tension behind it, after taking out one Pokemon the trainer should be upset or get serious but instead Ash and Cameron keep on congratulating each other even after they are both down to their last Pokemon and could end up having their dreams crushed.