• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cameron's Secret Weapon (768)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Friendly rivalries are good kind of annoying but alright, but not if it is the main event of the league. Even if Trip wasn't the best rival at least he stood out from the other rivals.The other rivals were too friendly and happy and how do we expect to get a good full battle when there is no tension behind it, after taking out one Pokemon the trainer should be upset or get serious but instead Ash and Cameron keep on congratulating each other even after they are both down to their last Pokemon and could end up having their dreams crushed.

I agree. This is why I liked Trip because he did have a different personality than most of his rivals.

Navin

MALDREAD
It seemed like they were just having some friendly battle, and not taking it seriously. It doesn't have to be like Ash vs. Paul, but at least make it like Ash vs. Tyson, where Ash and Tyson were nervous/upset when things aren't going their way.

I just hope there is more 'fire' in the next episode.

STICKTOPIA

I just want ash to be sent packing with his tail between his legs. Whether its eeveelution domination or getting beaten by an air head who only bought 5 pokemon and almost forgot to register it makes no difference.
At least the eeveelution's trainer isn't an airhead. It is a difference.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Okay... Oshawott should not be more durable then Boldore and definitely shouldn't have been causing more damage :p

The only thing true about that is that Oshawott should be faster

gohan5

Irisboy
Okay... Oshawott should not be more durable then Boldore and definitely shouldn't have been causing more damage :p

The only thing true about that is that Oshawott should be faster

Well to me Boldore seemed more durable, plus it had a harder time. Ash used it because of it's defense and Rock Smash. Even though Boldore didn't win it gave Oshawott and Pignite a fighting chance. I mean it endured like all of Hydreigon's attacks so after that Ash had an idea what to expect. I don't agree with the timing of using Oshawott but it did well.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Well to me Boldore seemed more durable, plus it had a harder time. Ash used it because of it's defense and Rock Smash. Even though Boldore didn't win it gave Oshawott and Pignite a fighting chance. I mean it endured like all of Hydreigon's attacks so after that Ash had an idea what to expect. I don't agree with the timing of using Oshawott but it did well.
Oshawott took about as many hits as Boldore... It was just lucky Dragon Pulse wasn't shot at it. And still, Oshawott seemed to set up for Pignite better, though I don't agree with set ups in the first place.

Graham Aker

Ash: "I'm the one getting exicited because of how strong Hydreigon is!
Kotetsu: "Exciting isn't it? Blah, blah....send out something tough!"
Ash: Go Oshawott!!

Probably a bit funnier than it should have been. XP

Oh and...

Bianca calling Oshawott a "fodder" Pokemon was the funniest thing said in this episode, given that's pretty much what it was.

J Ken

RAVE
I just saw the subbed and props to Bianca for saying it like it is. Mijumaru is just death fodder.

Yeah Bianca and Stephan just stated what the internet fans usually post on forums.

Ash: "I'm the one getting exicited because of how strong Hydreigon is!
Kotetsu: "Exciting isn't it? Blah, blah....send out something tough!"
Ash: Go Oshawott!!

Probably a bit funnier than it should have been. XP

Oh and...

Bianca calling Oshawott a "fodder" Pokemon was the funniest thing said in this episode, given that's pretty much what it was.

That was hilarious. Cameron was probably laughing on the inside when Ash called on Oshawott. No offence to him but Cameron has a Samurott I'm sure he knows how to take care of the unevolved forms of one of his own Pokemon.

Last edited:

SlimeStack

I honestly don't see what the fuss is about. Apart from sending out Oshawott on Hydreigon, Ash didn't make any dumb moves.

The only thing I would have changed is Ash sending out a Gigalith and have him be the one to take out Hydreigon (switch Giga and Pignite's positions if need be).

Cameron is adorable and hilarious. He has a strong team and Ash losing to evo hax is fine by me as he does it to everyone else.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The entire point behind that "fodder" exchange was that Kenyan and Bel misjudged the situation. Mijumaru may not look that strong, but as Dent pointed out, Satoshi sent it out expecting it to put up a good fight, and... well, it did. It may not have beaten Sazandora, but it did a lot of damage to it, and only lost because Double Hit caught it (and Satoshi) off-guard. It wasn't a dumb move at all.

Last edited:

J Ken

RAVE
The entire point behind that "fodder" exchange was that Kenyan and Bel misjudged the situation. Mijumaru may not look that strong, but as Dent pointed out, Satoshi sent it out expecting it to put up a good fight, and... well, it did. It may not have beaten Sazandora, but it did a lot of damage to it, and only lost because Double Hit caught it (and Satoshi) off-guard. It wasn't a dumb move at all.

There's only so much Oshawott's not very effective moves could do. He didn't do a lot of damage but he definitely contributed to letting Pignite beat it. The only dumb move Ash did was not withdrawing Pignite and not using strategy against Riolu with Unfezant.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

After rewatching this, i've realised so many things Ash could have done to at least but up a better fight.

Oshawott. He shouldn't have been used right after Boldore. Stephan and Bianca noticed the ridiculous move, why couldn't Ash. I understand Cilan said Ash's style is to go full on, but common sense would have it that Ash knew Pignite would put up a better fight. Oshawott's usage felt a complete waste, and Bianca even felt the same stating it herself.

Talking about Pignite, why the hell didn't Ash recall him after defeating Ferrothorn or during the battle against Samurott? Yes Ash knows that type disadvantage isn't everything, but this was a blind move when he knew Pignite was very tired battling (which can be seen easily) and had Pikachu at full health ready to battle. If Pignite was recalled here he may have given Ash the upperhand against Lucario.

What makes me laugh is how Pikachu wins two battles (just like Pignite) and is extremely tired after (just like Pignite), so Ash recalls him right away!?

Stupid moves, written by stupid writers in my opinion. Yes, i can see that Ash was always destined to lose, but Ash vs Harrison and Tyson (and Tobias debatedly) were executed fine making it believable.

Oh, and one more thing. 5 Pokemon? Really. The writers couldn't just have Cameron use a fall guy who lasted in battle for 30 seconds or something. That was really too much hassle. Way to make Ash look EVEN weaker.

Supersonicbro

After rewatching this, i've realised so many things Ash could have done to at least but up a better fight.

Oshawott. He shouldn't have been used right after Boldore. Stephan and Bianca noticed the ridiculous move, why couldn't Ash. I understand Cilan said Ash's style is to go full on, but common sense would have it that Ash knew Pignite would put up a better fight. Oshawott's usage felt a complete waste, and Bianca even felt the same stating it herself.

Talking about Pignite, why the hell didn't Ash recall him after defeating Ferrothorn or during the battle against Samurott? Yes Ash knows that type disadvantage isn't everything, but this was a blind move when he knew Pignite was very tired battling (which can be seen easily) and had Pikachu at full health ready to battle. If Pignite was recalled here he may have given Ash the upperhand against Lucario.

What makes me laugh is how Pikachu wins two battles (just like Pignite) and is extremely tired after (just like Pignite), so Ash recalls him right away!?

Stupid moves, written by stupid writers in my opinion. Yes, i can see that Ash was always destined to lose, but Ash vs Harrison and Tyson (and Tobias debatedly) were executed fine making it believable.

Oh, and one more thing. 5 Pokemon? Really. The writers couldn't just have Cameron use a fall guy who lasted in battle for 30 seconds or something. That was really too much hassle. Way to make Ash look EVEN weaker.

this. This post sums up my feelings about this battle. It's so sad that the pokemon league, ash's purpose for traveling, that has been built up to for this season, has ended on such a low note. All the previous leagues had something that made them special,

Kanto: Ashs first league, despite how charizard acted, it was his first league and then he had the orange islands win that kinda made it better.

Johto: Ash beats his rival gary. Still loses the league but Harrison shows new pokemon to hype up for next season.

Hoenn: Also ends with a loss but he then goes on to win the battle frontier

Sinnoh: Ash beats his rival paul in a 6-6 battle where infernape shows it's true growth. Ash then goes on to battle that darkrai trainer that never had his darkrai K.Oed and ends up beating that and then tying with another legendary, latios, despite losing.

Unova: He gets beat by a kid who thought Registration was a pokemon and almost didn't even participate without ash's help and also didn't know to bring 6 pokemon when it was clearly stated to bring six pokemon.
Idk how the rest of the season will look (episode N looks like the season that will make it all okay, even without a goal like the orange islands or battle frontier) but this was a horrible way to end the league for him.

oh and rank up :D

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Okay. That fodder line was hilarious. Poor oshawott. XD

Honestly, they we're trying to "have fun" that entire match. There was nothing serious about it until they started running low on Pokemon. Seriously, it doesn't look like either of them were trying to win. They were trying to do the best with what they had. They were trying to prove certain things wrong, and have fun with the match ups. There was no seriousness...ever. At least until the end. When Ash woke up and realized "OH SHIZ. IF I LOSE THIS, I'M OUT."

It seriously felt like that. :/...They weren't trying to be prepared...like at all.
They were treating this like this was a friendly 6 on 6 match until the end. @.@ xD (EDIT: Oh I'm sorry. friendly 5 on 6. D8 xD)

I like that friendly terms. But this is a tournament battle...They should at least TRY to be a little more smart.

But no, they wanted to have fun. And thats fine I guess, but it doesn't exactly help the fandom's view of the show -3-;;;

J Ken

RAVE
Okay. That fodder line was hilarious. Poor oshawott. XD

Honestly, they we're trying to "have fun" that entire match. There was nothing serious about it until they started running low on Pokemon. Seriously, it doesn't look like either of them were trying to win. They were trying to do the best with what they had. They were trying to prove certain things wrong, and have fun with the match ups. There was no seriousness...ever. At least until the end. When Ash woke up and realized "OH SHIZ. IF I LOSE THIS, I'M OUT."

It seriously felt like that. :/...They weren't trying to be prepared...like at all.
They were treating this like this was a friendly 6 on 6 match until the end. @.@ xD (EDIT: Oh I'm sorry. friendly 5 on 6. D8 xD)

I like that friendly terms. But this is a tournament battle...They should at least TRY to be a little more smart.

But no, they wanted to have fun. And thats fine I guess, but it doesn't exactly help the fandom's view of the show -3-;;;

I agree with this. I bet Ash and Cameron probably forgot they were having a league battle until they were down to their last Pokemon.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I thought that this is now 3:00 PM for me and in 9:00 AM for US people. Before any people complain about te dub:

If you think that TPCi makes you hate the league, tis isn't true. The hate of the league (if you hate so) is present in the Japanese version of the episode.

TPCi don't make by themselves things like a 6vs5 battle by Cameron forgetting one of his pokemon, constants stock animation, uneven distribution of wins and other things.

Prepared, ready, GO!!!!!!!!

And yes, there's only one more episode of the league. There's so little time to do a Ash vs Virgil.
[Spoil]Prepare next week for the hate.[/Spoil]

SmartD

It was a great episode. The part with Riolu evolving into Lucario was neat. Things are about to get intense.

They went through the Who's That Pokemon? part pretty quickly; there weren't any commercials between that.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Weird how they did the Who's That Pokemon and no commercial break. That was just odd.

I'm going with Pignite and Krookodile being Ash;s strongest Unova Pokemon. Sadly Oshawott seems pretty weak. Hasn't had a win since like Clay's gym