• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cameron's Secret Weapon (768)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
R.I.P All the international viewers who had high expectations of Cameron.

Lol, my sister was looking forward to the Unova League (she only watches the show during Leagues) and she was so hyped for it but this morning she came running into my room to rant about it. I hollered because she expected so much and was so furious after watching this particular episode. I can imagine how she'll react next weekend. :p

Anyway, who is Cameron's English VA? I could've sworn I heard that voice somewhere before (this is my first time hearing Cameron's English voice).

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Personally I don't think the battle was as bad as people make out. The silly decisions made my Cameron should not be a surprise to you considering what you saw in previous episodes so all the pokemon choices and the 5v6 thing doesn't surprise me as I became accustomed to it. The action within the battle was enjoyable too. It made sense that hydreigon took three pokemon to take it down because it was so powerful and you can say the same for Pikachu on Ash's side. The final battles contained/will contain Riolu/Lucario which should result in a exciting end.

Overall, the only thing that annoyed me during this battle is there was a lack of ebb and flow between the two opponents. At the start it was all Cameron, then it was all Ash and then it has equalled towards the end.

Anyway, on to the next one!

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Oh, this episode is pretty fun! So Ash and Cameron begin their 6 on 6 full battle, with Hydreigon up first!

Haha, I thought for a 6 on 6 full battle it had a different feel to it and nicely fast paced. Wow, so Hydreigon is in battle for more than half the episode but it is Cameron's secret weapon after all. Anyway, Hydreigon took out both Boldore and Oshawott! Lol, I really like Oshawott vs Hydreigon its funny while also cool! Next up, is Pignite vs Hydreigon! :p

Yeah, so Pignite clashing with Hydreigon looks cool! Yay, Pignite finally took out Hydreigon and then Ferrothorn but lost to Samurott. Man, Pikachu's battles were cool too; taking out both Samurott and Swanna! So Riolu is up but Cameron thought its a 5 on 5, so only Riolu left! Man, Riolu is strong! Unfezant out, Snivy is up! So far Snivy vs Riolu is pretty good! :O

So anyway, it looks like Riolu evolves into Lucario! Oh man, this episode is pretty good with a few surprises too! I'm so looking forward to the next episode!

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
For a while this battle played off as two kids having fun, because that is what Ash and Cameron are. They are 10 year old boys and best friends.

I loved how excited Ash and Cameron were getting, it was cute. But the two soon realized they had to get serious if either of them wants to win.

The scene of Cameron mistakenly thinking a full battle requires five Pokémon was hilarious, especially with the reactions from him, Ash and Riolu.

Anyway, who is Cameron's English VA? I could've sworn I heard that voice somewhere before (this is my first time hearing Cameron's English voice).
Rory Max Kaplan: - http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/encyclopedia/people.php?id=18705 - he is a new voice actor to the English dub of the Pokémon anime.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Personally I don't think the battle was as bad as people make out. The silly decisions made my Cameron should not be a surprise to you considering what you saw in previous episodes so all the pokemon choices and the 5v6 thing doesn't surprise me as I became accustomed to it. The action within the battle was enjoyable too. It made sense that hydreigon took three pokemon to take it down because it was so powerful and you can say the same for Pikachu on Ash's side. The final battles contained/will contain Riolu/Lucario which should result in a exciting end.

Overall, the only thing that annoyed me during this battle is there was a lack of ebb and flow between the two opponents. At the start it was all Cameron, then it was all Ash and then it has equalled towards the end.

It was the mistakes Ash made that got people mad... Pignite's tired, better let it face off against Samurott. Few minutes later, Pikachu's tired, better call it back for some rest :p

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I liked this episode. Despite the fact that Cameron made incredibly abysmal choices of pokemon (having Ferrothorn against Pignite and Swanna against Pikachu), the battle went very well so far and I was impressed with Hydreigon's power.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
So far, I've actually really been enjoying Ash and Cameron's full battle a lot more after seeing how much fun they're having! C: You can really get into it after seeing how pumped up those two are.

Oh man, I'm way too positive... ._.; Its still a lot more enjoyable than before, that's for sure! :p

dman_dustin

You don't get it.

No one likes that only Pikachu and Pignite got wins.

Especially since that means Oshawott/Snivy/Boldore/Unfezant didn't get any wins at the league.

At least Leavanny's loss was excusable.

Haunter ゴースト

Lol, my sister was looking forward to the Unova League (she only watches the show during Leagues) and she was so hyped for it but this morning she came running into my room to rant about it.

Haha, didn't we all do this?

I made the mistake of hyping myself about it from the very end of DP thinking about how good the next League would be and whether it would top all of the other leagues. Never doing that again as it turned out to be the biggest letdown i've experienced in the anime. Seriously, besides Ash vs Stephan and the Pikachu vs Lucario matchup, it was horrendous and i'm ashamed to think it was cut short. I think i'd even go as far as saying the first Club Battle was better (and had more battles lol).

I can imagine how she'll react next weekend. :p

If you was nice you'd do the right thing and warn her.

lol jk let her experience the pain of disappointment

Battra

I didn't think it was possible to make a League battle less interesting. This was just boring to watch, from Hydreigon owning most of Ash's team, too neither Ash nor Cameron using any stagey and just going at it until one Pokemon fainted. But I guess this is what happens when you don't make Trip interesting, then halfway near the end of the series you introduce the idiot savant character as a new rival who gets everything handed to him. Also Ash seems to have forgotten that Snivy knows ATTRACT, why didn't he use Attract on Riolu bam match won.

halloweenghost

Great episode. really loving the quick pace of the battles. really fun to watch!

poor Cameron brining onlt 5 pokemon to the battle lol

really weird commercial placement this week.. I blinked as it went from Who's that pokemon?! then right away to. It's Hydriegon!!!!!!!

jrizza88

Meteorite
Watching this battle in English actually brought my love for Unova to drop reallyyyyy low. It's just so annoying thinking about Pignite versus Samurott. Even if Samurott was a grass type, idk why Ash would have kept it in battle after all of that. Also hate the fact that Unfezant didn't get to win a battle. They might as well have given one of Pikachu's or Pignite's wins to Unfezant, so that getting taken down by Unfezant so easily would not have been as disappointing.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
You don't get it.

No one likes that only Pikachu and Pignite got wins.

Especially since that means Oshawott/Snivy/Boldore/Unfezant didn't get any wins at the league.

At least Leavanny's loss was excusable.

Not to mention palpitoad either.

Joltik-Kid

I didn't think it was possible to make a League battle less interesting. This was just boring to watch, from Hydreigon owning most of Ash's team, too neither Ash nor Cameron using any stagey and just going at it until one Pokemon fainted. But I guess this is what happens when you don't make Trip interesting, then halfway near the end of the series you introduce the idiot savant character as a new rival who gets everything handed to him. Also Ash seems to have forgotten that Snivy knows ATTRACT, why didn't he use Attract on Riolu bam match won.
A good number of the fan base picked that up... apparently it's a sin for Ash to use the move on a friend, only when he wants to win a battle has he used the move. This episode proved Ash didn't want to win hard enough.

Not to mention palpitoad either.
A Tie counts as both a win and lost... though a majority I guess look to it as losing

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
A good number of the fan base picked that up... apparently it's a sin for Ash to use the move on a friend, only when he wants to win a battle has he used the move. This episode proved Ash didn't want to win hard enough.

...Or maybe, just like Samurott, Riolu is a girl.

Or maybe his entire team is made up of girls and Camoron doesn't know any better.

Joltik-Kid

I've called out the attract thing for months now. It's probably the writers refusing to let ash win no matter what. Im even going to say if attract was used friendship would break it.
I was totally thinking the same thing you know... Cameron had every BS moment go his way.

Even though Virgil beat him, I still wasn't satisfied :p

Last edited: