• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Camp Rock

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Anyone here interested in watching the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie "Camp Rock"? It stars the Jonas Brothers and newcomer Demi Lovato and is set to premiere this Friday June 20th at 8pm.

When I first saw/heard this movie was coming out, I really wasn't interested in watching it due to me thinking it was a more or less a copy of High School Musical, or at least trying to use the same sort of plot. But now that the movie is closer to it's premiere date and I've learned more about the story, I'm actually very excited to see it. To be honest, I would be severly less interested in this movie if the Jonas Brothers weren't in it [especially the dreamy Joe taking the lead role], but I am going to watch it none-the-less. Unfotunately, since I work late on the premiere night, I'm going to have to tape it and watch it later.

Dattebayo

Banned
If it has cruddy versions of songs from the Guitar Hero games, then I'm not watching it.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
I'm gonna watch it but I don't think it'll be as good as High School Musical.(Can't wait for HSM3) I'm not much of a JB fan... Don't Kill ME!

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
If it has cruddy versions of songs from the Guitar Hero games, then I'm not watching it.
No, I'm pretty sure it has a set of its own original songs, just like High School Musical. Infact, the soundtrack came out yesterday...

Disney + Generic prepubescent band = I'd rather die in a brutal car accident.
Are you implying that the Jonas Brother's main fans are prepubescent, or that the Jonas Brothers themselves are prepubescent? Because if it's the latter, that really isn't the case. The youngest of the group is 15, so that's up in the air, but the other two are 18 and 20 respectively.

Haruka

Banned
Are you implying that the Jonas Brother's main fans are prepubescent, or that the Jonas Brothers themselves are prepubescent? Because if it's the latter, that really isn't the case. The youngest of the group is 15, so that's up in the air, but the other two are 18 and 20 respectively.

To the fans: yes. I can't see anyone past twelve seriously taking an interest in mediocre Disney bands if they don't have a major social/mental disorder. Most likely both. To them being prepubescent: I was referring to the voices. They still sound like they're 13. They can't sing worth a sh*t and their songs aren't original at all. So covering it all: It's a terrible movie based on a terrible "band" by a terrible company. I'm not watching it.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Maybe little 6 year olds are interested in seeing it, but personally, I think it's f***ing retarded. Those brothers can't come up with anymore songs, so they have to make a seriously retarded movie filled with 16 year olds.

It's a waste of my life, and one of the reoson's why I NEVER turn on that channel.
Disney channel is going down the drain, and I'm gonna clap happily when it gets kicked of the air completely.

You know what? I may not make songs, but I know I can sing just as good as they can.
They're songs suck too, they can't come up with anything so they make little lunes and such that have like 5 freakin' chorus'.

EDIT: Rank Up...

Last edited:

encas

Come to me...
I'm not going to see this; even when I was younger, I never touched the Disney Channel with a ten-foot pole. I'm really not also into the Jonas Brothers, for that matter. However, I respect that people like that channel and that band. Nobody likes being made fun of for such a stupid reason as what you like, so why bother?

Last edited:

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
eff disney channel movies

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I'll probably end up watching it, hoping it'll be good, just like I did with High School Musical. It probably won't be any better, though.

I agree that the Jonas Brothers can't sing, but one or two of their songs are ok, and it was nice of them to give free concerts to those people who had forged Hannah Montanna tickets. So they're ok.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Whoa, whoa. What's with the JB hate? There seems to be a lot of haters in this Thread, not that it's much of a surprise considering the slew of people who for some reason despise High School musical and basically anything the Disney Channel touches. Anyways, I'm sure you'll all be thrilled to hear that Camp Rock 2 is already in the works!

Now I even found that a bit rediculous. I mean, I know it's more than likely to be a hit, following the success of High School Musical and starring the Jonas Brothers, but what if it isn't? And they're already planning a sequel? It's not like this movie is Transformers or something!

Haruka

Banned
Anyways, I'm sure you'll all be thrilled to hear that Camp Rock 2 is already in the works!

...I want a truck to hit me. Please, anyone who owns one, floor it.

See? This is exactly why I despise anything Disney. It gets made so fast to ensure they didn't have time for quality, but their stupid fanbase continues to buy and buy into the same plot that wasn't good in the first place. It's also home to quite possibly the biggest Mary sues I've ever seen in my life. It's like a cult.

JB is getting so much hate because it deserves it. I'm not being biased because of my obvious dislike of Disney, but open your ears. Unoriginal chords, annoying voices, bad lyrics, and a whole load of "nothing special". Unfortunately, I have an awful feeling this will be just like HSM where they try to make numbers 5 and 6 while whoring it out everywhere.

Larry

I really don't want to see it because Disny channel movies are as corny as they can get..

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
Lulz at quadruple post.

It looks like it could be a good movie, so I will be watching it. I really hope it's not corny and predictable.

Here is my prediction:

The girl goes to the camp and is shunned by everyone. Apparently she gets banned from camp activity. Then one of the brothers hears her singing, but she disappears. Then they meet up, sing together, and everyone loves her. Then everyone sings together and they are all best friends, and then she goes home and her mom is happy and then rainbows pour out of her ass. If I am right everyone needs to give me a dollar.