• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Camping It Up! (556)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Pokémon Summer-School Offer!

On their way to Celestic Town, Ash & Co. meet up with Professor Rowan and find a Pokéon Summer School. In it, you get given a Pokémon to take care of and raise in order for you to use it at the end of the month and win a championship. Ash & Co. all decide to join in. However, with these new Pokémon come new problems. Will they obey?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I love what Dawn did with Grimer; put seals on its PokéBall. <33.Oox~ It made me think that Dawn actually owned the Pokémon, which is pretty cool. : ) Also... JESSIE+SMOOCHUM. 8'D Looooooved that. : D It's like if the writers came to the forum and saw my gorgeous post about Jessie+Smoochum~ It was a dream come true, as I said, in the other thread :3. And Jessie's outfit was cute ^^. And amazing :*. And awesome x33. Pupu, mainly :BBB~. <~

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
This was really enjoyable. It's not often that so-called 'filler' pokémon are given so much personallity, and good personallities at that, so this is something I'm going to savour.
Even if it was a slight re-tread of Muk, Grimer was undoubtedly the funniest, especially when it slimmed itself down and copied Hikari's pose to the point where you could slap on a illegally short mini-skirt and not tell the difference between the two.
Oh that Hikari, and her bulging, sludge secreting pores.
Honestly, various people are always going on about how the characters should only receive pokémon that 'fit them', but the Hikari-Grimer pair is just one, big middle finglonger. If Grimer wasn't a first generation rental pokémon part of a story driven arc, I'd be speculating like an average Serebii Pokémon Animé section member without a sliver of imagination right about now.

"Haven't you ever heard of 'ladies first', you chauvinistic shonen hero!"
"NO WAI, YURA GURL!?!"
Wa-wa-waaaaaa.
Even though it's only been one episode thus far, I'd be up for Aoi returning in the future as a full-time rival to Ash. She certainly did a good job of filling that role here, and her constant spats and parallels with him were quite fun to watch. And from what I can gather, it's going to be an ongoing thing for the next couple of episodes, so there's some cause for celebration.

Shinjo's interpretation of Moukazaru looked really cool, despite how many of you were pegging it as 'hideous' in the preview. That'll teach you to judge a pokémon by a single frame.

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Grimer, Magnemite, Venonat, it's like a Underloved 1st Gen Anonymous Meeting.

But somehow I notice something a little unfair. One dude had like a Mightyena, another had a Dodrio, and I saw a Croconaw as well.

:\ Must be the rich, popular kids get the evolved forms.
Even in the Pokemon World, the popular kids get all the kicks.

Shinjo's interpretation of Moukazaru looked really cool, despite how many of you were pegging it as 'hideous' in the preview. That'll teach you to judge a pokémon by a single frame.

Wasn't it Natsume who animated this one? or did Natsume share with Shinjo? (Shinjo hasn't done an ep solo since DP025.)

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Wasn't it Natsume who animated this one? or did Natsume share with Shinjo? (Shinjo hasn't done an ep solo since DP025.)
Ahh, my bad. Their artwork looks so damn similar, I lost track of who's who ages ago.

OrangeJumpsuit1

This was really enjoyable. It's not often that so-called 'filler' pokémon are given so much personallity, and good personallities at that, so this is something I'm going to savour.
Even if it was a slight re-tread of Muk, Grimer was undoubtedly the funniest, especially when it slimmed itself down and copied Hikari's pose to the point where you could slap on a illegally short mini-skirt and not tell the difference between the two.
Oh that Hikari, and her bulging, sludge secreting pores.
Honestly, various people are always going on about how the characters should only receive pokémon that 'fit them', but the Hikari-Grimer pair is just one, big middle finglonger. If Grimer wasn't a first generation rental pokémon part of a story driven arc, I'd be speculating like an average Serebii Pokémon Animé section member without a sliver of imagination right about now.

"Haven't you ever heard of 'ladies first', you chauvinistic shonen hero!"
"NO WAI, YURA GURL!?!"
Wa-wa-waaaaaa.
Even though it's only been one episode thus far, I'd be up for Aoi returning in the future as a full-time rival to Ash. She certainly did a good job of filling that role here, and her constant spats and parallels with him were quite fun to watch. And from what I can gather, it's going to be an ongoing thing for the next couple of episodes, so there's some cause for celebration.

So did Ash's Moukazaru/Moneferno evolve from a Chimchar?

uber gon

Accept Change
So how was Ash in interacting with Raichu?

OrangeJumpsuit1

Ash didn't get Monferno, Aoi did.

The screenshot of Dawn, Piplup and Grimer all doing the same pose made my day, and its only 11 AM where I live.

<Sigh> It is almost like a curse of evolvution death when the anime shows one of Ash pre-evolved forms of some other same pokemon that evolves. I guess Chimchar will never learn Mach Punch and <sniff> Close Combat. Oh why can't Ash get a darn fighting type pokemon that doesn't leave him in like 10 episodes? Why? Why?

Seriously, sounds like this episode is another in a great line of Sinnoh filler episodes which is good. I can't wait til I get to see this episode.

^ Chimchar will evolve and possibly use those moves eventually. I am actually glad that Monferno wasn't Ash's. I liked how it had a bad attitude and everything and it was really funny to see with Aoi. My favorite pairing has got to be Ash and Raichu. I really liked how it was shy and timid and it would always dig to hide. Not to mention when Ash pulled its fur...so hilarious! It makes me sad to see that Ash won't keep Raichu because it has such a funny personality.

I also love Dawn and Grimer. Grimer posing with Dawn was so fiercely funny haha. I really liked it and I loved how Dawn was all contest with Grimer in their battle. Again, I'm so sad that a great pokemon like Grimer won't be part of the group.

This is really one of my favorite episodes because of all the amusement. The interactions between trainer and pokemon, Ash vs. Aoi, Conway, Jessie and Smoochum...it was all great! The only thing I wonder is what was Prof. Rowan saying at the end of the episode? The scene went from Ash and co. to Conway to Jessie...any significance at that part?

But overall, I love this episode and it was totally entertaining! Can't wait for the rest of the arc!

EDIT: Btw, isn't it interesting that Ash was supposed to get Monferno before Aoi took it?

Last edited:

mimefan

Banned
I don't understand what happened but I loved the episode.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
^ Chimchar will evolve and possibly use those moves eventually.

Maybe the fighting moves, but it's got better fire attacks.

Speaking of good old unreliable wikipedia is claiming Chimchar will evolve in DP 91, of course as we know that site's not trustworthy and such speculation might have been made because of the magazine scans.

I am actually glad that Monferno wasn't Ash's. I liked how it had a bad attitude and everything and it was really funny to see with Aoi.

While it being with another person is ok, i'm still kinda wishing it was his, it needs something to get back in the game like the others cause it's the most shafted member right now.

It makes me sad to see that Ash won't keep Raichu because it has such a funny personality.

Bitter irony at it's finest.

Btw, isn't it interesting that Ash was supposed to get Monferno before Aoi took it?

Yes let's keep shafting poor little Chimchar, great job writers.

^ Well this episode is all about rental pokemon so whether that Monferno was Ash's or not, it still wouldn't affect Chimchar during this arc. Chimmy will have it's time eventually but right now I think it's a good thing to see something new and different as opposed to Ash and co. using their normal pokemon.

But speaking of Monferno, I must admit, even though I like it...I feel that Ash's Chimchar is more exciting than it (like in battle).

Anyway, I just hate how the writers give us amazing pokemon such as Raichu and Grimer but Ash and Dawn won't keep them. There's so much potential as seen in this episode but sadly they're rentals. Oh well, I guess I'll enjoy them while the arc is still going.

TeddiUrsa

I really liked this episode. It looks like it is going to be a very amusing arc with lots of funny pokemon personalities ( Monferno was just awesome. gotta love his design is this episode, the mimic, the movement, the attitude etc., the old slime-dude...well, let´s just say that I would choose it over swineub ANY day...) AND cool human personalities ( Aoi,...like Gravy I wish she will return as a 2nd rival to Ash later on; Kohei didn´t do much, but what he did was funny as always. what did he say at the pillow scene?)

Wacky animations, a very cool Musalina design, great characters, entertaining battles and cool Pokémon....I can´t ask for more.

lightdash

Dawn and May fan
It's rare to see a filler such as this one to be so extremely fantastic. I never thought I would have said that.

This episode is exactly what some filler episodes should be: some battle action and some comedy bits. I enjoyed every moment of this episode and it's great to know that it is going to be a series. That means it might be possible to get another good one for the next couple of episodes.

Anyways, specifics. The appearance of Professor Rowan I was surprised. Then again I haven't been looking at the speculation thread for any new info so I guessed it wouldn't be surprising to others if it was mentioned in there that he would appear.

Dawn and Grimer, truly a good combination in a way. I liked how she utilizes contest moves in her battle with Conway. It was a thrill to see. Speaking of Conway, wow, he definitely hasn't changed and lolz at that one scene where he tries to go in the group's room to check on Dawn. That was so funny, I'll definitely remember that one well.

Ash and that other person has a good friendly rival. They both are way similiar to its nice to see something between them. That, and the many times they got in trouble, haha very funny. But about Ash's Pokemon, Raichu, that was a surprising appearance. He doesn't usually get well with Raichus so it's nice to see one where he can interact with it. As for Monferno...it seems like it foreshadows Chimchar's evolution.

Brock and Magnemite...Yeah, nothing really special there but it's a steel Pokemon so that might say something...

Anyways, super awesome episode. Can't wait for the upcoming ones to come.