• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Camping It Up! (556)

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Now that's more like it. Good battles, great characters, entertaining scenes, and crow on the platter of half the fanbase in regards to Monferno. The only thing it was missing was Ben Stiller as the camp leader.

Monferno may be a hideous pissed-off redneck who enjoys shooting trespassers, but did you see the close-up of that Croconaw? That thing's chin was bigger than its entire face. And speaking of creepy close-ups...Rowan yelling? Factor in him being in the same episode as Conway, and you've got an entire season of To Catch a Predator in one Pokemon episode. Not to mention Rowan was completely cross-eyed in one shot.

That said, Grimer stole the show. Combined with the Muks in the previous episode, along with Ash's Muk, I love the anime's depiction of the family of slimeballs.

I'm still hoping for something significant to come of this arc, even something like Aoi (who, BTW, looks blander than Kenny) becoming a regular rival.

pokefiend_13

Harley-san Fanboy
Even though it's only been one episode thus far, I'd be up for Aoi returning in the future as a full-time rival to Ash. She certainly did a good job of filling that role here, and her constant spats and parallels with him were quite fun to watch. And from what I can gather, it's going to be an ongoing thing for the next couple of episodes, so there's some cause for celebration.

Wait! Aoi is a girl!? :O

Anyway, I just hate how the writers give us amazing pokemon such as Raichu and Grimer but Ash and Dawn won't keep them. There's so much potential as seen in this episode but sadly they're rentals.

Ash already has a pikachu and Muk...

Though I do hope Jessie steals the Smuchum by the end of the arc. :D

Last edited:

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
This episode was epic and awesome and there should be many many more like it.
I mean, when was the last time we actually saw a full fledged GOOD battle between two pokemon?
I have to applaud this, And Also Grimer was awesome and I hope we see much more of the little guy. *avoids speculation urges*

Also, I must note, this is the 3rd time Raichu has made an appearance in DP
and the second time Jessie has wanted/liked a smoochum. (Maybe third)

Last edited:

mewtwos

Smell ya later!
ASH got a Richu????? Well this sounds like a good episode.... To bad i have to wait months to see it :(

Andywoo

Banned
Typical. Once again a male character gets the short end of the stick. What the hell is James exactly doing now this arc?

Andywoo

Banned
Typical. Once again a male character gets the short end of the stick. What the hell is James exactly doing now this arc?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Jessie finally got a Smoochum, remember the Battle Frontier filler where she wanted to keep that Smoochum with the 3 Jynx? I wonder if this is continuity.

Ash commanding Raichu in battle is something people wondered about for 11 years, nice to see something like that actually happen.

Dawn and Grimer were by far the most amusing. They better have Ash reference his Muk or bring it back too at some point.

Is it just me or is Brock and Magnemite a very boring pair? Once again Brock gets the short end of the stick.

Charizard_Trainer88

Pokemon Master
only thing i found that really bothered me was..where did Ash keep Raichus Pokeball if he had 6 Pokemon already? and if he sent one back to Oak to keep untill he gives Raichu back who did he send back?

Andywoo

Banned
I wonder..............if the only reason they gave Ash Raichu was to show all these whigner's who demand Pikachu evolve, what a potentially poor pair Ash + Raichu would've made. Needed to see more of Raichu would elaborate more but it is just a thought that popped up

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Just so everyone knows, James and Meowth are janitors! Dawn and Grimer are the best combo EVER! I also hope Jessie steals Smoochum. Ash and Raichu were quite cute! Aoi and Monferno were quite cool. (Aoi should have longer hair - Zoey has short hair too - she does look a bit like a boy!) Brock and Magnemite were alright, but they didn't really get much screentime. Overall, the episode was good and the arc. is bound to be good.

Next episode's preview looks awesome too!