• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can a Ditto talk if it’s transformed into a human?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalloFox34

Grampa's Little Helper? What's That?
We know that Ditto transform into a perfect copy of whatever it’s impersonating.

That would also mean it replicates the tongue and vocal cords of a human, right? Can it talk?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Actually i think it Ditto always needs pokemon to turn into anything since basically pokemons ARE pokemons.

I doubt it works on humans. Otherwise it would be a mute.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Actually i think it Ditto always needs pokemon to turn into anything since basically pokemons ARE pokemons.

I doubt it works on humans. Otherwise it would be a mute.

Exactly. Think about what Ditto was like in Detective Pikachu. It was a perfect copy... except for the eyes and it was mute.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The Ditto Five in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon could transform into people. They could talk, but they were unable to form sentences and could only grunt, say a few scattered words, or say one word repeatedly. Presumably, they don't have the cognitive thought to make sentences and converse like a normal person.

(This reflects real-world animals, by the way: it's been found that only humans have the thought processes for grammar. Even otherwise very intelligent animals like gorillas, chimpanzees, and parrots cannot make their own sentences, only sentences humans have told them or scattered words relating to an idea like "orange fruit want.")

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
IIRC it was possible in the Detective Pikachu movie

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
No, they can't. There is a side event in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon where 5 Dittos are impersonating people, and the way you can catch them is if they don't talk and they have those tiny, pixel Ditto eyes. Pretty creepy, but it does net you 5 Dittos with the correct natures for breeding (and I believe they have excellent IVs, too).

Status
Not open for further replies.