• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can Alain sweep KL Finals Ash's team using Charizard?

Can he sweep?

• Total voters

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
He swept the entire league prior to Semi-Finals using Charizard alone... If Alain used Charizard right from the beginning of the Finals, can he sweep Ash's team?

Second option, I'd say. Not 100% sure though

@Genaller

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Pikachu would be the only one that could even hurt base Charizard, everyone aside from him and Greninja would be one-shot.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Noivern is out of the picture, definitely too experienced, Hawlucha, Talonflame, and Goodra all get wrecked by Alain's Charizard's moveset, sheer power, or mobility. Pikachu is the only one that remotely stands a chance when Charizard isn't Mega Evolved, besides Greninja who was able to go even with it for a while before Charizard Mega Evolved in their first rematch. Pikachu has enough experience that it is probably on par with Alain's ace, assuming they've been around for the same amount of time with their trainers. Greninja is powerful, but doesn't have as much experience as Alain's Charizard does.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Nope given Alain won't be able to use potions. I think he woule lose to Ash-Greninja tho. Pikachu would damage Charizard a lot too.

Blastmaster

Charizard probably couldn't handle both full-health Pikachu and Ash-Greninja (it'd be close though), but Alain could've easily did what he did against Remo and use Metagross for a bit of softening up before finishing the job. And of course Charizard roflstomps the rest of Ash's team easily.

Tbh, that's one of the reasons I think Ash vs Alain is a bad battle. It just feels gratuitous that they'd stretch out the battle to include Alain's whole team when he clearly didn't need it.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Depends on the order tbh. If Greninja and Peaka go first and second respectively, I can see either Peaka winning or Ash's third winning (it's kinda dubious how much left MCX had in the tank after beating Greninja, so IDK). If it's the first 4 and THEN Peaka and Greninja, then yeah, the first 4 go down, but IDK who would take Zard down

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Charizard probably couldn't handle both full-health Pikachu and Ash-Greninja (it'd be close though), but Alain could've easily did what he did against Remo and use Metagross for a bit of softening up before finishing the job. And of course Charizard roflstomps the rest of Ash's team easily.

Tbh, that's one of the reasons I think Ash vs Alain is a bad battle. It just feels gratuitous that they'd stretch out the battle to include Alain's whole team when he clearly didn't need it.

Just like they are doing with ash vs kukui but even worse in this case, there match was also not needed outide of torracat vs incineroar match but they are stretching it for 3-4 episodes making it longest match when it is not needed.

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]

Guess Ash vs Paul should have been Electivire vs Infernape from the start then.

Last edited:

Blastmaster

Guess Ash vs Paul should have been Electivire vs Infernape from the start then.
No? Charizard was so broken it beat the one thing that was set up to defeat it, which you can't say about Electivire. It makes it seem like Alain used his full team just because he randomly felt like it.

J.Agera

No? Charizard was so broken it beat the one thing that was set up to defeat it, which you can't say about Electivire. It makes it seem like Alain used his full team just because he randomly felt like it.
Of course he was saving his best for the last, he saw Ash's Greninja as a match for his Charizard. It was already established.
He wanted to battle Ash because he enjoyed battling with him, not just to win.
No offence but this is no criticism. This was just dumb.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

Like i said it was similar to kukui who only have incineroar as OP pokemon though nowhere near as OP as charizard or greninja, but for alola standards it is strongest pokemon there which made no sense to have a full battle with ash also considering that 3-4 pokemon was given to him just for sake to have 6 v 6 match just like with alain.

Blastmaster

Of course he was saving his best for the last, he saw Ash's Greninja as a match for his Charizard. It was already established.
He wanted to battle Ash because he enjoyed battling with him, not just to win.
No offence but this is no criticism. This was just dumb.
But it wasn't a match. It lost and Charizard wasn't even hurt all that bad. It's easy to assume Charizard could've swept Ash's whole team with a small bit of help, but Alain randomly decides "oh, I like you Ash, I won't clean sweep you."

And that's why I said it was gratuitous. If the battle was about their character, then they should've made it about that. But it still wants to be an epic conclusion so it's still more about who's stronger, even though it ends up being Alain by a long shot.

J.Agera

But it wasn't a match. It lost and Charizard wasn't even hurt all that bad. It's easy to assume Charizard could've swept Ash's whole team with a small bit of help, but Alain randomly decides "oh, I like you Ash, I won't clean sweep you."

And that's why I said it was gratuitous. If the battle was about their character, then they should've made it about that. But it still wants to be an epic conclusion so it's still more about who's stronger, even though it ends up being Alain by a long shot.
What? Charizard wasn't hurt? Which match are you talking about?
Complete BS if you are talking about the league match.
Also what kind of dumb logic is that? Who's to say when Alain sends Charizard first, Ash wouldn't send Greninja?
Like wtf logic is that?

Blastmaster

What? Charizard wasn't hurt? Which match are you talking about?
When Charizard and Greninja are standing off, Charizard only slightly stumbles. No bruises, no signs of exhaustion, it even lets out a cocky roar after winning. The battle was well animated, but Charizard didn't actually struggle much.

J.Agera

When Charizard and Greninja are standing off, Charizard only slightly stumbles. No bruises, no signs of exhaustion, it even lets out a cocky roar after winning. The battle was well animated, but Charizard didn't actually struggle much.
Him stumbling is big sign that that the match was close.
It was done in Infernape vs Electivire too. As far as I remember, exhaustion wasn't here either.
Greninja didn't have bruises either, it wasn't drawn.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

That stuumble signifies that it was at its limits no pokemon so far made it do that as well except in ME1 where he lost to seibold, throughout the match it was taking heavy hits, to say it didn't take heavy damage is wrong.

Blastmaster

Infernape outright collapsed after the Paul battle. Big difference. It might've taken heavy damage but I think it was far from its limit.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Infernape outright collapsed after the Paul battle. Big difference. It might've taken heavy damage but I think it was far from its limit.
Nah stumbling means a pokémon is close to it’s limit; case in point: Ash’s Grovyle vs Norman’s Slacking is portrayed as a very close battle eventhough Grovyle ‘only’ stumbled after the final clash and stare off. Infernape’s is more extreme (probably under 1% hp remaining), but that doesn’t mean mean MC-X wasn’t close to its limit as well (about 5-10% hp remaining in this case).

Mega Charizard X is the strongest trainer pokémon in existence barring Champion Mega Aces (even then it’d be barely below them) and Ash-Greninja is in the Champion Base Ace/E4 Mega Ace spectrum. Coupled with Peakachu who by that point was at the upper end of the E4 Base Ace spectrum, those 2 would roughly force a draw with MC-X.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Infernape fought multiple opponents in addition to being hit by toxic spikes, whereas both charizard and greninja were still relatively fresh. A proper example is blaziken from johto league he clearly stood up but was damaged s badly that he wouldn't be used later on.