• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can ghosts/spirits prove the existance of a god or an afterlife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Stew

There is a lot of evidence that support the existence of ghosts. I know they haven't been fully proven to exist, but like I said, there is a lot of evidence. My question, couldn't ghosts prove that a god of some sort does exist?

Jazzy

Typical
I don't know of any mainstream religion that mentions ghosts, but I'm not really looking. If there is a perfeclty natural reason for them to exist then no, it isn't proof. If they walk the earth because of a magical force then yes, that would be evidence for God.

And what evidence is there that they exist?

Lil Stew

I don't know of any mainstream religion that mentions ghosts, but I'm not really looking. If there is a perfeclty natural reason for them to exist then no, it isn't proof. If they walk the earth because of a magical force then yes, that would be evidence for God.

Pictures, EVP's, etc. Watch Ghost Hunters.

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?

There is no scientific evidence. Only pseudoscientific evidence. This is one of the reasons why I don't really believe that there are ghosts haunting the earth. I mean, if there is a heaven and hell, why would there be? And if there was no afterlife at all, why would there be ghosts? And if it was such that everyone became a ghost when they died, would we not have many, many more ghosts? Like 90 billion of the buggers?

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I've actually seen ghosts, so i know they exist.

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
Possibly. You haven't really heard of a religion that didn't have spirits or ghosts. So when they do appear, "Who're gonna call?"

Meh, I'll only believe in it if I'd see one myself. I mean, wouldn't the entire world be filled with the spirits of every life form that ever existed?

For as far as I know, there isn't a religion that mentions ghosts. There is also no concrete proof ghosts exist (like clear footage or something).

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Meh, I'll only believe in it if I'd see one myself. I mean, wouldn't the entire world be filled with the spirits of every life form that ever existed?

For as far as I know, there isn't a religion that mentions ghosts. There is also no concrete proof ghosts exist (like clear footage or something).

Well they don't stand still and let you photograph them Drake.

Most spirits only appear when they want to tell someone something or if they're needed.

Littlemyuu

i don't know....iam open for it..i mean
if there is a ghost or spirit they can show themselfs to me...
i only saw pictures. But my old friend told me she saw her ex bf who died a fiew years ago...she said she heard him talk and that he sleep with her....i mean just sleep next to her, not...that first see it than believe it...imo

Spirit of Darkness

I dont believe in ghosts at all! I never saw them and I tested some of the pictures given on the internet and some magazines where I found that it is a joke or any other stuff which is meaningless.
In other words...ghosts aren't here and they are only fake creatures created by the humans' imagination!

"Oh...No...It can't be...It is a GHOST.......Nooooooooooo!"
^ That's what a person would say and then take a picture of a tissue and put it on some sites. :/

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
1. Ghost hunters isn't evidence. It's a freaking TV show. Try scientists.
2. Even if they existed, that wouldn't necessarily prove <x> religion is correct. It's also possible that ghosts could be a naturally explained phenomenon.
3. If you claimed to see a ghost, it's not an argument. I can claim to see absolutely anything.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
1. Ghost hunters isn't evidence. It's a freaking TV show. Try scientists.
2. Even if they existed, that wouldn't necessarily prove <x> religion is correct. It's also possible that ghosts could be a naturally explained phenomenon.
3. If you claimed to see a ghost, it's not an argument. I can claim to see absolutely anything.

This. It always astounds me how many people have seen ghosts, but only when they're in no fit state to supply proof. If a ghost appeared in front of me, or on Oprah, and said I've just come down from a God created heaven, then there would be some evidence. It implies no contradiction to imagine that ghosts exist for some reason other than religion.
If you're talking about a Christian God, then I have no idea why there would be ghosts anyway. Wouldn't they be in heave, hell or purgatory? I'm not very clued up on the bible though so if anybody else here is...

Cipher Lord

Pe2ker and Stalker
There is no scientific evidence. Only pseudoscientific evidence. This is one of the reasons why I don't really believe that there are ghosts haunting the earth. I mean, if there is a heaven and hell, why would there be? And if there was no afterlife at all, why would there be ghosts? And if it was such that everyone became a ghost when they died, would we not have many, many more ghosts? Like 90 billion of the buggers?

Not really. I think that ghosts only stay back when they have strong bonds, or unfinished business to attend to. And secondly, I don't think that it's really the entire thing itself, but simply an emotional imprints.

And no, I don't think that a ghost would be the proof of god. I think there's an absolutely rational explanation for it, but we don't know what. It's one of the things that can only be solved with time. People used to think that rain and the night and day were works of God; they're not.

Well they don't stand still and let you photograph them Drake.

Most spirits only appear when they want to tell someone something or if they're needed.

Well, that's a bit stupid. If I'd be a ghost I would let people photograph me so they'd know what happens after you're dead (and I'd annoy people with stupid things :p)

And if they would exist, they'd be build from some kind of material (like atoms or photons or even mirror matter) so they could be destroyed.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
There is a lot of evidence that support the existence of ghosts. I know they haven't been fully proven to exist, but like I said, there is a lot of evidence.

Such as...?

Pictures, EVP's, etc. Watch Ghost Hunters.

... do you also use "Most Haunted" as evidence for ghosts?

Dr. Ste

Pokemon Breeder
PartyPokemon said:

Hey Party. Well, there are supposed to be phenomena. If they are not explaind by current theories, and the ghost theory does sufficiently, we can accept it. That's, of course, a controversial condition. Anyway, if ghosts have no mass, there can be an infinite amount of them in an infinitely small space, with zero pressure on us.

Even if ghosts were to be proved, we have a lot work till we reach a conclusion. Let's take afterlife. Do we know that the ghosts are the spirits of people long lost? Or that they are even related to them? As for God, I don't think the Christian God (unless the ghosts are angels or something), or any other God can extract proof from them (only support), for He is not directly connected to them. Only the early African religions would, because they worshipped the spirits of the ancestors.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
and the ghost theory does sufficiently, we can accept it.
What is a ghost theory?

Dr. Ste

Pokemon Breeder
You are speaking in scientific terms, so I assume you have something to back up these claims; either that, or you're just talking from the side of the mouth.

If we assume that ghosts behave like a gas, how about P*V=n*R*T or the equivalent P=c*R*T ? P is pressure, c is molarity, T is temperature, R is a constant. c = n/v or c = m/(v*Mr). Since m=0, c=0 and P=0.

What is a ghost theory?

A... theory about ghosts being true and existent.

Last edited:

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Exactly. A theory in a normal day use. Not a scientific theory.

If we assume that ghosts behave like a gas
Which ghosts have we studied yet?

Seeing is one thing, but studying?

Status
Not open for further replies.