• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can Go catch Mew ?

charinija

Pokemon Master
I think he can't catch Mew. Because he is weak and powerless. But in anime everything is possible. What do you think ?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Can he? Sure. If a Pikachu can beat Legendaries yet lose to inexperienced starters, anything's possible.

Will he? I highly doubt it. Go has the most long term goal since Ash. He wants to catch every Pokémon but will have future generations' rosters to catch. There's also the matter of Legendaries. Even if he goes after Mew after catching them all, I feel like it will end on a note similar to Origins where he splits off with Ash to go find Mew but we'll never see it until the hypothetical very end of the anime.

Red and Blue

I could see it happening. Once he catches Mew he may just stop trying to catch Pokemon all together

Deitylight

Legendary Trainer
The chances of Go catching Mew is significantly higher compared to catching every single Pokemon or Ash becoming a Pokemon master because for all intent purposes, he just has find Mew again and either amuse it enough to join him or defeat him in combat with his growing army of Pokemon. His goal of getting mew is actual more solid than you think.

Cptnmac1

No, the anime never lets any companion fully realize their goal. I'm sure go will run into mew again an attempt to capture it but it'll get away. I'm guessing that's how they'll write him off the show with him deciding to travel the world in order to find mew again and capture it

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
No and he shouldn't, Mew and Mewtwo are god-tier Pokemon
Just have it end with him battling Mew and losing, then Mew leaving for parts unknown causing him to give chase while Ash and Chloe head off for gen 9 stuff together without him

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think Goh's goal is very much like Ash's in the sense it's mostly a child's dream that don't carry a lot of meaning when applied to the real world.

Actually, considering how Goh's development is going so far, I wouldn't doubt if eventually he'll run into Mew and ultimately turn down the chance to catch him for the sake of his pokémon or his friends.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Considering all the build up that his goal has received, it seems likely that he'll succeed. I don't really care one way or another, however. I think that as far as goals that Satoshi's traveling companions have had are concerned, Gou's goal of catching Mew is the most uninteresting one to me.

Zoruagible said:
No and he shouldn't, Mew and Mewtwo are god-tier Pokemon

So "god-tier" that the Mew from the Lucario movie almost died right after it restored Satoshi and the others who had been swallowed had it not been for Lucario.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
He might not. I'd be better if his goal is left unfinished because I don't think Goh deserves to catch Mew. I don't like that he feels entitled to that honor.

ShadowForce720

He might not. I'd be better if his goal is left unfinished because I don't think Goh deserves to catch Mew. I don't like that he feels entitled to that honor.

Entitled? sure he was acting arrogant in thinking that it would be his first Pokémon however he has toned it down sense then. Also as for not deserving Mew let’s be realistic here chances are Go isn’t going to get Mew on the first try.

It’s most likely by the time he finally catches it, it will be after he is improved to a significant degree.

Look regardless of how people feel about Go, he isn’t going to stay weak forever. Also in all honesty if either Go or Koharu are going to stick with Ash for more then one generation it’s more likely going to be Go.

As it doesn’t matter if people like him, dislike him, or hate him the reality if you look at how Go has been set up he is more built in a way of being a long term character rather then leaving.

As long as new Pokémon keep getting introduce there is always going to be something for Go to catch.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
to me it's not about Gou being strong or weak (or entitled), or mew being strong or weak.

Mew is one of the "progenitors" of all the pokemon (since we still don't know who came first between it and Arceus)

I know Gou wants it, but seeing someone walking around with a pokemon like that, in my opinion doesn't feel right due to the status it has.

but that is my opinion, I can't choose what the writers will end up doing.

Red and Blue

I think Mew will just hang in the background observing Go from a distance to see if he is worthy of becoming its trainer.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Almighty Zard said:
I know Gou wants it, but seeing someone walking around with a pokemon like that, in my opinion doesn't feel right due to the status it has.

Knowing Gou, he probably wouldn't have Mew on his team or showcase it that often. I don't think that Gou will get Mew until the end of this series anyway, so there probably wouldn't be much time for him to really showcase Mew after he gets it, in any case.

Mew29240

I think Goh has a decent shot at catching Mew, though whether we'll see it happen (either during the series, at the end, or at all) is to be determined. For starters, he appears to have gotten one already interested in him (I don't think it's a coincidence that a Mew just happened to be there in JN020 to bail Ash/Goh/Chloe out from TRio).

Mew's probably going to show up transformed into various Pokemon throughout the series (imagine Mew lets Goh catch it as another Pokemon just for the fun of it?) since no one would be able to tell otherwise (except maybe Ash's Riolu due to Aura shenanigans). If he does catch/befriend it, Mew can follow them around by transforming into other Pokemon, too.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I'm going to go with no, he shouldn't catch it.. mainly because the only main character who's ever even come close to completing their goal is Brock, who is now basically a doctor in training and I don't want that to change for someone who's goal is literally to capture the ancestor of all Pokemon.. especially since judging by the episodes so far, he'd probably toss a single Pokeball and capture it.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think Goh has a decent shot at catching Mew, though whether we'll see it happen (either during the series, at the end, or at all) is to be determined. For starters, he appears to have gotten one already interested in him (I don't think it's a coincidence that a Mew just happened to be there in JN020 to bail Ash/Goh/Chloe out from TRio).

Mew's probably going to show up transformed into various Pokemon throughout the series (imagine Mew lets Goh catch it as another Pokemon just for the fun of it?) since no one would be able to tell otherwise (except maybe Ash's Riolu due to Aura shenanigans). If he does catch/befriend it, Mew can follow them around by transforming into other Pokemon, too.

As you can see, even Mew actually believes Goh might catch a Mew!

diakyu

lol people don't achieve their dreams in this show.