• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can I beat Red with this team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Espeon0429

Hi I'm a bit of a seasoned player but I've only done HeartGold once, so do you guys think I'd be able to beat Red with this team once everyone is trained to Lv75?

Its not competitive so I'm not bothered about natures or IVs and I haven't EV Trained or anything.

;164; Noctowl Lv70
Adamant Male
Air Slash
Fly
Uproar
Extrasensory

;186; Politoed Lv70
Quirky Female
Surf
Ice Beam
Hyper Voice
Psychic

;181; Ampharos Lv64
Timid Male
Discharge
Power Gem
Signal Beam
Rock Climb

;469; Yanmega Lv60
Quirky Male
Solarbeam
Bug Buzz
Air Slash
AncientPower

;068; Machamp Lv61
Bashful Female
Rock Slide
Strength
Dynamicpunch
Earthquake

;478; Froslass Lv61
Bashful Female
Ice Fang
Shadow Ball
Crunch
Ice Beam

Bear in mind I'm intending to train everyone to Lv75 before I take on Red. On GSC, I'm sure I'd easily do it because his highest level is 81, I believe but on HG/SS, the levels have been upped. What do you think?

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
Well, I made it with Feraligatr, Flareon, Jolteon, Mamoswine, Heracross and Noctowl. They were all like lv 65, but I had many full restores left, so I used the effect of the hail a lot, and I just attacked them a bit

pikkichu

Personally I beat red using level 95ish Feraligatr only (used only feraligatr during entire playthrough of heart gold)and a bunch of weak pokemon as sacriifices to let me revive(even sacrificing the mewtwo and hooh I brought cause I wanted to leave them ut) so he really wasn't difficult he beat feraligatr a few times. (I don't use turns to use full restores) so you can beat him as long as you brought revives

Vikings

Oracle
Start with Machamp and get off Earthquake. You'll want to take out Pikachu pretty quickly since it's his highest level and you don't have a ground type. Machamp should be able to take him out.

Also make sure Ampharos is in a good position, since it looks like he'll be having to do a lot of the damage dealing.

Shiny Espeon0429

Start with Machamp and get off Earthquake. You'll want to take out Pikachu pretty quickly since it's his highest level and you don't have a ground type. Machamp should be able to take him out.

Also make sure Ampharos is in a good position, since it looks like he'll be having to do a lot of the damage dealing.

Thanks :) Yeah, I thought Ampharos and Machamp will be pretty key. I'll need Machamp for Snorlax, Pikachu and maybe Charizard (Assuming he doesn't get KOed by Air Slash)
I was thinking using Froslass significantly as he has Snow Cloak, meaning I can take advantage of the continual hail.

Shiny Espeon0429

Just to let you guys know I beat Red last night with the above team at Lv75. It wasn't too hard; in fact I only had to revive one Pokemon (Ampharos) and Machamp took out Pikachu, Snorlax and Lapras by himself. Thanks for all your help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.