• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

can I do this?

S

salamence373

My system, Windows 98, needs to be reinstalled and my aunt has a disk for me, but she said my uncle has XP. if my uncle has the XP disk, can I uninstall 98 and install XP. I know you can, but my system has been 98 since it was built by Microsoft, so I'm making sure I can install XP on my operating system.

Thank You.

ricocheting

Noob Trainer
Admin
several things:
1) using the same windows license/key on more than one machine is illegal. there are no exceptions to that rule

2) depending on what brand of computer your uncle has, when you install XP it has to be activated with microsoft and if you stick it on a second machine, when that second machine goes and tries to activate, it'll say "hey, this is already registered to another machine" and XP will stop working

3) probably a machine that came with Win98 would run XP so slow it's not worth putting on. generally win98 machines would have to have RAM added (and sometimes other stuff too) before they'll run XP and even then XP runs insanely slow on older machines.