• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can I Get a Rain Check?

So, I'm sort of new to the competitive scene, and I was wondering if you guys could give me a hand with this team I made. It's based around rain weather, and is composed of a bunch of Smogon sets I thought would be useful. So. If you could tell me if there's anything wrong with it, that'd be great.

Tornadus @ Life Orb
Prankster
Timid
4 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Hurricane
-Focus Blast
-Taunt
-Rain Dance
Tornadus is usually my first one out. He keeps the other guy from setting up with Taunt. After that, I'll throw out a Rain Dance so I won't have to use Politoed until later. Depending on the situation, I'll either start attacking or switch out to one of the others.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Magnet Pull
Modest
148 HP/252 SpA/108 Spe
-Thunder
-Volt Switch
-HP Fire
-Flash Cannon
Magnezone is here to deal with pesky Steel types like Skarmory. Volt Switch lets me do some scouting, and Thunder's 100% accuracy in the rain makes it a really useful move. HP Fire takes out Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Scizor, while Flash Cannon is just a good STAB move.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Rain Dish
Timid
252 HP/240 Def/16 Spe
-Toxic
-Rapid Spin
-Scald
-Substitute
My spinner. Knocks away entry hazards, as well as does some stalling. Rain Dish keeps him healed in the rain.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Technician
Adamant
248 HP/112 Atk/148 SpD
-U-Turn
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Roost
Scizor is a nice revenge killer. Bullet Punch+Technician gives him a good STAB priority move, and U-Turn also lets me do a little scouting. Roost is just in case he needs to heal.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Dry Skin
Modest
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Nasty Plot
-Vacuum Wave
-Dark Pulse
-Hp Ice
Saw this set, thought it sounded good. Most people would expect a physical set from Toxicroak, so this appealed to me as a nice curveball. Vacuum Wave gives STAB priority, Nasty Plot+Dark Pulse has helped me a few times, and a well-timed HP Ice can down Dragons and Gliscors that switch in.

Politoed @ Leftovers
Drizzle
Bold
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
-Scald
-Toxic
-Perish Song
-Protect
The star of the show. Set up similarly to Tentacruel, Politoed is used mostly for stalling, and of course for Drizzle. Scald is used for an offensive move, just in case of a Taunt or something similar.

So. Like I said. If you have comments or suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
We can help you better if you add descriptions and a threat list. Your team looks fairly solid (I took a very quick glimpse though)

Well, I haven't actually used this team yet, but the way I have it mapped out is with Tornadus going out and blocking the other guy from setting up with Taunt. This is followed by Rain Dance and a Hurricane. After that, well, it depends on what the other guy does. I tried to make a pretty balanced team that could handle most situations in a fairly flexible manner. Umm. I figured Nasty Plot Toxicroak would be good, since a lot of people would be expecting it to be physically focused. Sort of come out of left field. I personally think I may have a problem with special walls, since Scizor is really my only physical attacker.

Also, I've been trying it out some on PO, and I seem to be having a little trouble with Dragons.

Last edited:

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
So, I'm sort of new to the competitive scene, and I was wondering if you guys could give me a hand with this team I made. It's based around rain weather, and is composed of a bunch of Smogon sets I thought would be useful. So. If you could tell me if there's anything wrong with it, that'd be great.

Tornadus @ Choice Specs
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Hammer Arm
- U-turn

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Protect

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Anticipation
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Sucker Punch

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Perish Song

So. Like I said. If you have comments or suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

Edits. Changed Scizor to Ferrothorn & added some much needed hazards.

Last edited:

Breeder_Noah

Pokémon Breeder
Why does Toxicroak have Anticipation as an ability? DRY SKIN, DRIK SKIN, DRY SKIN! ALWAYS!