• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can I get my username changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

20LigerZero16

"..........................."
I've been wondering about this for awhile now, so I'll just ask this question in this thread since I have no idea where to post this.

Is there a way to change our username?

I'm asking this question because I've recently come to hate my username and would like it to be changed. A big reason why I chose this name (20LigerZero16) to begin with is because at the time, Serebii was the first forum I ever registered for and that name just came out of the blue. I wasn't thinking when it came to choosing an actual good name, as you can see.

Another reason, was that I didn't think I was going to be a part of this forum community for as long as I did and so I blindly registered with a name that obviously didn't have much thought put into it.

So is it possible to change our usernames? If not, can a thread be made where we the members can ask for a name change? There's this forum that I frequently visit where members (who are premium members) can go to a thread and ask an admin to change their names to whatever they want.

Hopefully, someone can answer this question.

Thanks.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Usernames can be changed, but under certain conditions. About twice a year, the admins/mods will throw up a thread where people can post that they want their usernames changed then eventually they'll change them. Just keep an eye out for that thread (since it's not open at the moment) and they can help you!

20LigerZero16

Usernames can be changed, but under certain conditions. About twice a year, the admins/mods will throw up a thread where people can post that they want their usernames changed then eventually they'll change them. Just keep an eye out for that thread (since it's not open at the moment) and they can help you!

Thanks for the reply!

Can you tell me what the thread is called (or what section it will be in) and do you happen to know when it will be open again?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
It's found in the Serebii.net discussion part of the forum, specifically in the "SPPf Help & Newbie Lounge." I'll post the actual thread anyway, though, just so you can take a look at the thread. It looks like it last happened in October of last year, but the new names still haven't taken affect as of now, so I'll just warn you there.

https://forums.serebii.net/threads/name-change-thread-read-the-first-post.659636/

Good luck!

20LigerZero16

It's found in the Serebii.net discussion part of the forum, specifically in the "SPPf Help & Newbie Lounge." I'll post the actual thread anyway, though, just so you can take a look at the thread. It looks like it last happened in October of last year, but the new names still haven't taken affect as of now, so I'll just warn you there.

https://forums.serebii.net/threads/name-change-thread-read-the-first-post.659636/

Good luck!

In the thread that you posted it says that the name change thread is opened during April and October of every year, but you're saying that the last thread for the name changes happened in October of last year. Was there no thread for it in April of this year? I'm a little confused.

With all the information I've received so far, does this mean that the thread will be open in two months?

Anyone out there? 41 views but only one poster has been responding. Come on guys, I need some help here.

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
The thread itself is closed at this time, so they are no longer taking new names. I think since the forums had the big overhaul earlier this year, it kinda threw some things off. That and since the new names placed last year still haven't taken affect, that's probably why they haven't put in another thread for usernames. The one I linked was the most recent I could find. Like I said, it's been a bit slow this time around.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
The last time they opened the name change thread was back in October and they didn’t actually change any names after they closed the thread. I wouldn’t hold your breath for that to happen any time soon seeing as they should have already had another change thread by now since that one.

I was hoping that they would have let us change names when the forums moved, and I even asked about it, but they only said they were taking it under consideration and I haven’t heard anything since then.

I’ve been changing all my Pokémon related social media usernames to match and it bugs me that I can’t change this one. I considered just making a new account, but then I’d lose all my posting history.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I’ve been changing all my Pokémon related social media usernames to match and it bugs me that I can’t change this one. I considered just making a new account, but then I’d lose all my posting history.
Not to mini-mod but you wouldn’t be able to do that anyway considering it’s against the rules to make another account while your current one is unbanned. :p

But yeah I’d be patient for the next opportunity to change your name. The forum upgrade did happen near April iirc so I can see why they didn’t open the thread up (and not do the changes) as the mods wanted to get things settled.

keepitsimple

site of lies
Like Team Volt Grunt said, it's best not to hold your breath. Last year's requests are not done. Those requests should have been done a long time ago if there were any plans for a new name changes thread.

20LigerZero16

Thanks for responses, I appreciate it.

It looks like I'm gonna be stuck with this username until something happens/gets announced.

Oh well.

Last edited:

20LigerZero16

BUMP

Is there still a chance that I can change my name?

Also, have the previous name changes been approved yet? If not, is it ever going to happen?

I really want to change my name and it's a little ridiculous that I have to keep begging for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.