• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can I have multiple saves in the same cgame and capture same legendary twice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FabioManoel1977

Sorry bad english

I ordered a physical copy over internet and not arrived yet, but, Iam already gathering info about my game

I bought Pokemon Sword.

I do believe that I can capture Zacian at the end of the game. Then when I do it, can I begin a new game and capture another Zacian and then trade my second Zacian for a Zamazenta ?

Or I am forced to have just one save file and then I can have just one Zacian ?

And I I can have 2 saves, does is possible to send eggs from one save fro another save ? Or I need to wait for "Pokemon Home" ?

Or maybe Pokemon Home will be linked to just ONE save of myself being impossible to be used by multiple saves ?

I hope you guys can understand my question, I have bad english and I am using google translator to help me.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
You can make another profile on your console for free (up to 8) and have another save file without deleting your first/current one.

For Egg trading, you’d have to send it to someone else then have the same individual trade it to your other account. This is possible without Home.

While I’m not certain as I haven’t used Bank since Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, I believe Home is able to connect to any game on that console as I think that’s how Bank worked between the 3DS games. I doubt it’ll be locked to one save. We’ll know for sure next month though.

Hope this helps!

FabioManoel1977

Thank you very much. Then is not possible to trade like "send email" where I can log a user, then send to another user ( myself ) and then log my other user account and then get the pokemon, the traders are "real time" ?

If is like this then is better to wait for Pokemon Home release.

But, now I have a doubt, I see the shop that you can buy a "Nintendo Online" for one user I cannot do it, since only with one account I can go online, then I will be forced to buy the "family account" that I can log online with 2 different accounts ?

The bad that "Individual subscription" is R$ 74,25 and "Family signature" is R$ 129,95, almost the double, and is a waste to pay "Family signature" since I play alone... And also I need to pay a Pokemon Home subscription, that maybe should be 10 dollars ?

I just bought Nintendo Switch and I am surprised to notice how pricey is be a hardcore pokemon player...

Ignition

Unfortunately, you can’t trade between two accounts on the same console.

If you’d want to trade with someone who’s not going to be by you physically/in person, then, yes, you’d have to buy NSO family plan for both accounts. I’d only do this if you’re going to use both accounts frequently otherwise have a person to trade with irl or pay online for one account then trade with forums like the ones here (we have a separate section dedicated to trading).

FabioManoel1977

ok. Thank you very much, Ignition

One last question, take advantage of your cooperation, and just out of curiosity, I see several videos of ranked battles and have a time to choose a move.
What happens If the time is out ? the system choose random move, or your move is skipped and you lose a turn ? I searched in google and not find that answer, and all youtube videos no one makes the time out.

Also, is not possible to play online WITHOUT that thing "gigantamax" ? I am a old pokemon player, I played pokemon red in a real gameboy, for me see doubles matches and gigantamax is so "unnatural"... I wanted to play online single battles ( one pokemon against one pokemon ) without gigantamax...

Of course I not played the game yet, maybe I like it when I begin to play, but, seeing it on youtube not looks fun... maybe indeed PLAYING it is more fun than watching, I not know... I am really anxious to begin to play...

Ignition

The game chooses a random move for you to use. It’ll never skip your turn.

You can definitely play without Dynamax/Gigantamax like you could without Megas and Z Moves before it. It’s going to be seen a lot, though, so I’d advise you have a plan to counter it in battle. A lot of people tend to use it so your chance of finding someone who doesn’t is very low.

It can seem very stressful when you’re first starting, but it’s easy to get a grasp of the mechanics and once you’re familiar with them, it’ll become fun. I had a similar mindset last year but I’m enjoying much more after getting used to the game.

No problem with the help. Always happy to help and hope I answered all your questions :)

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Locking this now since you got your questions answered. If you have anymore questions, please ask them in the pinned help thread. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.