• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can Misty be considered champion level after defeating Ash?

Can Misty be considered champion level after defeating Ash?

• Total voters

AJ97

lol...
Sure.. Misty and Brock are Champion tier.
May and Daw are Elite four-tier.

Lillie is PWC Monarch Tier.

The Master 8 should now be expanded to the Master 10000 to include all these new champion-tier trainers.

I bet those 2 kids who watched the Leon vs Diantha fight with Ash are probably Elite four-tier now.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Yes

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Raihan, Volkner, Marnie, and Bea were all Gym Leaders who were also in the Ultra Class. Ash had close battles against them.

Being a Gym Leader in the anime never meant that individual was stuck at that "level." The anime has made it clear that Gym Leaders don't always go all-out against Trainers, and might give out of Badges as long as the Trainer met some indeterminate standard.

From prior series:

* Wulfric
* Drayden
* Roxie
* Juan
* Olympia
* Clair

were also all very strong.

Misty winning a singular unofficial 1 v 1 doesn't mean a whole lot, especially when she clearly had plot armor.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Misty winning a singular unofficial 1 v 1 doesn't mean a whole lot, especially when she clearly had plot armor.
Just saying is that really appropriate or accurate after the dozen of episodes of this series that happened before that battle?

If Ash can drown in it for a series then I wouldn’t say Misty had plot armor here especially since nothing about the overall episode would change without that battle ending in her favor.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I mean tbf at best I could see her approaching Ultra class level, but na lol not everyone is champion tier
Trainers with other mons can still struggle against other weaker trainers in different circumstances and instances. The powerscaling bug of A beats B and B beats C is way too prevalent here

AJ97

I mean tbf at best I could see her approaching Ultra class level, but na lol not everyone is champion tier
Trainers with other mons can still struggle against other weaker trainers in different circumstances and instances. The powerscaling bug of A beats B and B beats C is way too prevalent here
I think you're significantly underestimating Ultra Class Tier.

Every Ultra Class challenger was capable of pushing Ash who defeated a Regional Champion. At least the lower half of Ultra Class tier at bear minimum should be relative to being strong enough to winning a Regional League and being able to fight Elite four Members (And with the Upper half of the Hyper Class tier) being trainers capable of fighting Elite four members and also holding their own against Champions.

I would classify someone like Full Power Brandon and Tobias to be Hyper Class tier.

BlueDragonfangirl

Misty fans be like, what?

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
If that mean means remotely anything she is Hoenn League/BF level for defeating Corphish

But it wouldn't be absurd for Misty to be that good, she was a gym leader(one of) already when Ash was just starting. He outgrew her but she continued to train and battle strong trainers, getting even her mega