• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can Money Buy Love?

can money buy love?

• Yes

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 36.9%
  • money is important but it's not the only thing that matters

Votes: 40 38.8%

• Total voters

Mawile412

Problem
So.... do you think that money can buy someone's love?

debate away~

RichRI322

no, it can buy affection, it can buy attention, it can buy prestige and populatiry, but it can't buy actual love.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School

Ethan

Banned
I would vote no, because oddly enough, its the richest celebrities that usually never stay together. Money can give you a shot at love, or in fact happiness for that matter. In the sense that money can by opportunities to meet new people and forge new relationships. So, I guess, money opens doors more so than it actually creates anything substantial.

Frank The Bunny

You can love money which would essentially answer the question you're asking. I voted no, because money can't buy you "love". It can buy you friends, hookers, sex, std's, drugs, and many other wonderful things though!

Rezzo

Occasionally
Money can't buy love, not true love anyway. Waving money around is much more likely to attract someone that is, more or less, after the money. That person might have affections for the rich person, but that is because they have something that they want.

It's a touchy subject anyway, since the meaning of "love" itself can be debated.

Mawile412

Problem
We were just talking about this in love bus!No,I can't buy love but can buy affection

hmmm i wonder where i got the idea for this :rolleyes:

but unlike Lily(game character of mine in love bus) i don't think money can buy love by itself. other factors are more important but money certainly plays a roll

Rosemary

Sparkling Star
I don't think money can buy love,neither the affection of a person
yeah you can spend a lot of money on expensive presents but that won't buy the love of the person you want ,it would be meaningless

" Oh yeah I love that person because always buys me expensive stuff"
It wont sound right.

Dracomaster16

Storm Trainer
You can love money which would essentially answer the question you're asking. I voted no, because money can't buy you "love". It can buy you friends, hookers, sex, std's, drugs, and many other wonderful things though!

You know what kid, go **** a tree with a hole in it before you say crap like that. this is a f'ing pokemon forum. Or if you're not a kid, go discuss that at marijuana.com, not on Serebii. And since when are hookers "wonderful"? They're just little horny tramps looking for easy cash, and probably have had 100 penises/breassts/mouths touch them. Think before you speak. Oh and i'm reporting you

granbull guy

Vasoline
I say no; because if someone bought me lots of things I would like them/other things. But still, I wouldn't love that person- you can't help who you fall for; it just happens. Rich or poor love is still like love. Love can buy my affection though *Wink*

Jb

Tsun in the streets
You know what kid, go **** a tree with a hole in it before you say crap like that. this is a f'ing pokemon forum. Or if you're not a kid, go discuss that at marijuana.com, not on Serebii. And since when are hookers "wonderful"? They're just little horny tramps looking for easy cash, and probably have had 100 penises/breassts/mouths touch them. Think before you speak. Oh and i'm reporting you

hookers r awsome

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
It can depend on the person.

If someone expects you to spend money for them, thus resulting in their love and appreciation for you, perhaps so. But money itself cannot be used to have someone like you, because it cannot open up doors like natural relationships can.
My naivity can really get in the way of posting these things, but this is what I've seen when my friends talk about their boy/girlfriends.

So, not really, no.

Frank The Bunny

Man, and I wasn't even trying to troll you.

Report me all you want, next time I'll make sure to add "[/sarcasm]" to the end of my posts just for you! ;)

I should report YOU for telling me to go perform unspeakable acts on a tree! I'm sure those types of things are frowned upon if not illegal xD

Seriously, chill. LOL

Edit: Oh man it just gets better and better. Your location states that you're "in cynthias room having fun". Seriously an idea like that should NOT be on a pokemon forum you sick pervert!

Last edited:

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Money can buy opportunities, like Ethan said. Unfortunately it can't ensure those opportunities stay open, so money might buy love but it can't keep it.

Mawile412

Problem
Man, and I wasn't even trying to troll you.

Report me all you want, next time I'll make sure to add "[/sarcasm]" to the end of my posts just for you! ;)

I should report YOU for telling me to go perform unspeakable acts on a tree! I'm sure those types of things are frowned upon if not illegal xD

Seriously, chill. LOL

Edit: Oh man it just gets better and better. Your location states that you're "in cynthias room having fun". Seriously an idea like that should NOT be on a pokemon forum you sick pervert!

Stop! please i just want to see people's opinions, not people fighting. take it somewhere else guys.

Frank The Bunny

Haha, that's all I did/was trying to do. State my opinion and I got reported for it xD

Anyway, I stick to my original post, money can't buy "love". Any relationship built on money is bound to end eventually, usually pretty badly lol

Erienne

Anime high :D
I'm going to say yes, as it can buy you love, but real love, no, not really. Again, if it's based on money it is more of a "sugar daddy"/mommy relationship, or in the case of someone like Anna Nicole Smith, hoping for your spouse to die so you can get their money.

I mean, even relationships based on "love" end badly, so...

Frank The Bunny

I think the OP should probably be more specific and ask whether money can buy you real "love". I mean, that's what I had in mind when I originally posted in this thread, might just be me though.

Anyway, I can't help but agree with ^