• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can Money Buy Love?

can money buy love?

• Yes

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 36.9%
  • money is important but it's not the only thing that matters

Votes: 40 38.8%

• Total voters

BlitzBlast

Busy with School

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It cannot buy real love, but something very similar to the feeling of love.

Money can buy you temporary happiness until something else gets in the way.

Dracomaster16

Storm Trainer
Man, and I wasn't even trying to troll you.

Report me all you want, next time I'll make sure to add "[/sarcasm]" to the end of my posts just for you! ;)

I should report YOU for telling me to go perform unspeakable acts on a tree! I'm sure those types of things are frowned upon if not illegal xD

Seriously, chill. LOL

Edit: Oh man it just gets better and better. Your location states that you're "in cynthias room having fun". Seriously an idea like that should NOT be on a pokemon forum you sick pervert!

What if me and Cynthia were playing video games or something 0_o

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope

What if me and Cynthia were playing video games or something 0_o

A big LOL to both of those posts.
And a laugh to Mawile, for actually making this. (Love Bus inside joke)

No, it can't. Love by definition is a shared feeling of affection by two people that is not affected by looks, money, possesions, or anything material. Simple really.

Last edited:

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
No, I can't. Love by definition is a shared feeling of affection by two people that is not affected by looks, money, possesions, or anything material. Simple really.

So you're an incarnation of money?

mangaeyes

Of course it can. Money can definately buy shallow, stupid peoples love. Some people are attracted to money - look at the Playboy Bunnies and Hugh Heffner. (sp?)

Lorde

So you're an incarnation of money?

They obviously meant to type "It" and not "I".

Nobody is that shallow.

Of course it can. Money can definately buy shallow, stupid peoples love. Some people are attracted to money - look at the Playboy Bunnies and Hugh Heffner. (sp?)

So money can literally buy love? If someone is attracted to money, which is an inadament object, is that really love?

Last edited:

HazzaY2J

</3 Kid
I don't think money can buy love,
Maybe happiness, but not true love.

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
I voted for the third option. It is not true in all cases that love requires money, but it can keep a relationship alive - for example, if a person loves money, then they can love someone because their money offers them the level of comfort which they much desire having. Personally I do not base my personal affections on money but I can see how it can be a factor.

For example, some relationships only start because someone has money which the other needs or desires. Some chances at great love are ruined by a lack of money, since one party cannot support the other or difficulties arise because of an imbalance in income.

Can money buy "real love"? I have no definite answer for this, but I think that it is perfectly possible for a couple brought together by fortune to stay together after the loss of that fortune, because while money may have brought them together, the development of their bond in other respects (learning how much they agree with each other, growing attached to the other person, etc.) during the rich years could prove great enough to allow for a lasting relationship.

Of course, a relationship cannot be a loving one if running on money alone. Personality, compatibility, personal sacrifices, etc. can all bolster a love which seems to have been forged by just funds.

Last edited:

ForeverFlame

I don't think you can convince someone to love you by giving them money, because that's not real love.

But can money buy happiness? Hell yeah! It really irks me when people claim otherwise.

tyranitar90

UP THE IRONS
money can't buy real love, just pretend love. who cares about buying love, when you can buy happiness..

Penguinist Trainer

Money is definitely important, but it's not the most important thing. Money can bring you more chances of experiencing love, but it's not the deciding factor. Money can also buy happiness and comfort and a sense of security which can lead to feelings of love. Of course money is also the reason couples split apart. Whether it be because of financial stress, or because one partner is making considerably more or less than the other. Money can help a lot of relationships, or destroy them.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
No. Money can't buy love. love is a natural thing, a rich can buy a woman, but not her real love.

Lorde

No. Money can't buy love. love is a natural thing, a rich can buy a woman, but not her real love.

Money can buy people? That's new to me. I thought that was something that happened in the past with the slave trades :S

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Money can buy people? That's new to me. I thought that was something that happened in the past with the slave trades :S

Well we have seen many women marry to the rich men only because of their money, but they don't really love them. it's all money, that's why.

SilentMemento

Lone Wolf
I'm a firm believer that anything valuable can get you anything, including love. There are people out there (myself included) that would do anything for money, including love someone that person would normally despise. True love is almost extinct, in my honest opinion. For example, show a person a whole car filled with cash, and they'll fall head over heels for you.

It all depends on what the person values. Money, in its base form, is just paper that is backed by nothing except the word of a government, and the moment people stop believing that, money will become as worthless as styrofoam. However, due to the perceived value of it, people will never stop using money. It can be compared to a necessary addiction.

My point is that money is the most common thing of value that a person can possess, and things of value will at least get a person's attention, if not their unconditional support.