• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can Piplup live up to Blaziken's Potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-boogie200

I think it can, but in a unique way. For example, instead of using direct attacks, it will use defensive attacks mostly. Like against Prinplup, Crawdaunt, and Glaceon.

I am actually happy Piplup didn't evolve. I like it the way it is, and I honestly can't imagine Dawn saying Prinplup, Spotlight!

However, this doesn't mean it won't evolve because of the everstone. Dawn can very well get rid of it AFTER/IF she leaves and it can evolve, due to the writers are done promoting it.

So, my question is this: Can Piplup live up to Blaziken's Potential? When Combusken was on the show, everyone loved it. Let's not forget the Combusken vs Absol. Do you think Piplup can pull off a battle as anticipating as that.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I doubt I will ever like anything Piplup does as much as Combusken. The Chicken was a beast and the Penguin? Lousy.

milenadrg

NO! It can't! How could an unevoloved sh*t be strong like Blaziken. If it evoloved it could beat it, but in fact Mr. Penugin stayed in it's boring unevoloved form, I don't think it can be even compared to May's Blaziken...

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Wow, 6-7 new threads is opening in 2 days.
For sure, Piplap can not give an impressive battles like Combusken had because he is little.
Also his big battles wasn't so impressive like Combusken's was.
He even did not beat Prinplup and Glaceon. You are right - Piplup is waiting for his rivals to attack him (Like Glaceon had, with Shadow ball), and then using defensive attacks to defend his self and get points.
I preffer Mamoswine and Pachirisu to be stars of the GF, but I sure that Piplup will be...
I hope that at least Mamoswine will get his winning in the next contest.

lucatio

cat lover 4 ever
well i think it can but not that much piplup is not that much poweful enough to do something like that it might do so if it evolve but it might evolve after the dp series is over or before that you never no so i say it most likley it can
do what blaziken can in the series it was in (can't remember what series blaziken was in)so yes

;448;;447;
the aura is with you and me

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I hope that at least Mamoswine will get his winning in the next contest.

Naw, I think Jessie's gonna win the next contest. Dawn already has 4 ribbons, Jessie only has 2. Jessie needs to catch up!

Also, Piplup will never live up to Blaziken unless it evolves, which the writers have already pretty much ruled out as a possibility any time this decade. For the writers' sake, they BETTER evolve Piplup at SOME point.

Waterpokes

Piplup has lot of potencial.....NOT!
Blaziken can beat Piplup anyday, and Blaziken is actually cooler and better arsenal!
Piplup got Bubblebeam and Whirlpool....
Well, you could blame Dawn for that, she can never live up to May's potencial!

Squaaah

Piplup is like Ash's Pikachu or Mays Beautifly/Glaceon. Its a mascott and the characters main pokemon, but not a powerhouse. Blaziken is Mays powerhouse, and Mamoswine is (or will be) Dawns, so really, I doubt Piplup will ever match up too Blaziken.

victreebel007

No, next question.

But seriously Blaziken is a powerhouse and looks amazing, Piplup is way to overconfident and fairly pathetic and even if it evolves Blaziken would simply brush it aside with one blaze kick. Piplup can't hold a candle to any of May's pokemon let alone Blaziken.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
No, pretty much no.

Piplup and Blaziken are two very different Pokemon. Piplup is a mascot, while Torchic was pretty much May's version of Pachirisu (ignorned, shafted, all that bad stuff) until it evolved (and May got Skitty). Then it became a powerhouse and was used more in battles with a wide vary of attacks like Fire Spin, Flamethower, Sky Uppercut, Mega Punch, and was just all around fun to watch.

Piplup is not fun to watch in battle sort of like Pikachu was in early Kanto, besides its match vs Glaceon. I mean Bubblebeam, Whirlpool, Bide, and Peck? Not the most interesting moveset to watch. Dawn's powerhouse is Mamoswine, while May's Blaziken is hers.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Piplup had it's chance from DP122, but no evolution came. After that, I know Piplup's just going to stay as a Piplup.

thunderblade12

Pikachu can probably hold it's own against the likes of Charizard so why can't Piplup against Blaziken?

Even Ash's Bulbasaur stood up to a Meganium and Squirtle to a thunderbolting Starmie.

The unevolved pokemon have had plenty of good battles.

catzeye

Writer's Block
NO!

Like people have said before Piplup is a mascot. A trophy pokemon of sorts.
Good for show but not much else.

Blaziken is a powerhouse. Blaze Kick, Fire spin etc. So what if it's a fire type? The anime proves that type alone gives no advantage. Besides IIRC, wasn't Piplup somewhat intimidated by Blaziken when they first met even though they were in a tag battle?

Waterpokes

But Piplup is not good! With Peck, Bubblebeam, Whirlpool and Bide? Yeah, one Uppercut could smash it face back to the Poke Ball. Spending outside the ball in over all the episodes and it can't help Dawn to the battle round? Of course, Dawn is not a good coordinator, and this makes me angry that she won over May! Always the main characters who wins!

Ambipom went away, and one less Pokemon, means more time to Piplup!
They should made it like this, keep the penguin back to ball and Ambipom back!

Just to say it, Piplup is not as good as it thinks and maybe some people like it, but some people don't. And beating a Blaziken, who is stronger then most of Ash's Pokemon and sure could fight some of Paul's Pokemon with a fight, can beat the penguin it any case.

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
I don't think Piplup is SUPPOSED to be like May's Blaziken. More like the bond between Ash and Pikachu. They two didn't get along all that well in the beginning, but they became inseperable.

Vernikova

Champion
Well, Piplup isn't Dawn's powerhouse. Mamoswine is her powerhouse so I don't think it's really fair to compare the two since they are there for two different reasons. Piplup is just there for comedic relief and to be a secondary mascot to Pikachu while Blaziken was there to be her powerhouse.

But to answer the question: No, Piplup won't be like Blaziken besides being their respective trainer's starter Pokémon.

bonslyclogsthetoilet

BoomGoesTheDynamite!
However, this doesn't mean it won't evolve because of the everstone. Dawn can very well get rid of it

How come Pikachu and Bulbasaur are able to not evolve without holding anything? If they could, I don't see why the writers couldn't have Piplup do the same.

As for Piplup not having strong enough moves to put good battles, maybe they should start incorporating TMs/HMs into the anime. Then we can see Piplup use moves like Toxic and such, lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.