• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can Piplup live up to Blaziken's Potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoennMaster

Could anyone image Dawn using an Empoleon at all? Doesn't really look cute and cool to me. >_>

Empoleon is cool, and cuteness is in the eye of the beholder. I happen to think Mamoswine can be cute. Not to mention the females don't have to have small cute pokémon.

benking27

Hell no! Piplup is nothing but a plushie imo. It's always whining and begging for attention. Blaziken had to show its fighting prowess to its trainer, even though it was her starter. Blaziken was a beast. Piplup is a freakin throw-pillow.

super riolu31

"KAWAII!!"
pimplup will NEVER be as cool as combusken, evolved on its own, i will be surprised if pimplup will ever evolve

Jun's Heracross

Battle Ace
In a simple term, just no, piplup to me will always be like a small kid who thinks it can do anything and beat anyone, when it simply can't.

I just always don't see how it can of been in almost every DP episode and not have developed much character/uniqueness.

plus i think dawns just scared of powerful pokemon, firstly buizel got the boot to ashs team when it was the most powerful pokemon she had then she got aipom and it evolved and become powerhouse for her, and that went off to play ping pong for a living and now mamoswine has got a bit of respect for her she hasnt really tried to do anything with it. and the pokemon she does have that arent too bad are just not seen, pachirisu hasnt hardly got any air time since it learnt super fang and buneary just tries to look pretty in her waistcoat. pretty much the perfect team.

her whole team is just nothing compared to mays, and neither is dawns character.

Buck The Bidoof Masta

No HM Slaves Here
Piplup is more of a signature for Dawn, Mamoswine is the muscle here.

PikachuPower

Kind Trainer
How could you guys compare Piplup to Pikachu? Pikachu is much stronger in the first place, and second of all, Pikachu is much more experienced in battle. I mean honestly, if we were to see Pikachu vs. Piplup, do you think it would be a tie? Of course it wouldn't! Even if there wasn't a type advantage, Pikachu would still own Piplup to the max! Haven't you guys seen that it owned Barry's Empoleon?

Waterpokes

I think Piplup has no potencial to non of May's Pokemon.
Everyone has done way more then just being a mascot!
If Piplup had to be compared to anyone, it would be Skitty.
But even though, Skitty has done way more and Piplup can never live up the potencial to Blaziken! If it stopped wasting the potencial since day one, it could go higher up then just staying out of the ball!

Darkxninga

No..just no.. piplup cant even be compared to blaziken and can NEVER live up to its potential. Piplup IS overconfident , is shown way to much , used to much in battle while poor pachirisu is trapped by the piplup curse in its pokeball, taken over as a mascot and pushed pikachu to the side, and I hate the fact that Dawn ALWAYS holds it in her arms or its always out of its pokeball screen-eatting the show. Had enough of the stuipd penguin! Blaziken could destroy piplup no questions asked even with its whirlpool.

(Could you imagine if piplup had its own themesong or ending that featured piplup? or like those episodes where its just the pokemon and piplup the leader instead of pika?! THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN but thats what it might come to if it continues....but IT WONT....Omgosh the horror...might as well give "Pokemon" the nickname ""Dawn and the piplup show with friends to the side".... >_> )

J-boogie200

^ Dang, Piplup isn't that bad. I think the reason why people have a problem with Piplup and Dawn's pokemon as a whole in general is because they are too cute and one hasn't been used in a contest at all yet, but is her powerhouse.

I love Dawn and Piplup, but many seem to hate them. People seemed to hate May's Squirtle before evolution and people claim Misty's team was a bunch of lackluster water types with the exception of Psyduck.

Also, none of Ash's Water Pokemon, except Kingler, evolved, and with this many are speculating about Buizel. Water Pokemon are I believe the most abundant type there is, yet many people would like to see fire pokemon such as Charizard or Cyndaquil or Monferno. However, the writers take liking in Grass Types. Grotle, Bulba, Bayleef, Sceptile for Ash and May's Venesaur.

J-boogie200

^ If I remember correctly, Piplup defeated Kenny's Prinplup, Kyle's Crawdaut, and May's Glaceon in contest battles. Piplup battles gracefully, Blaziken battles with force, that is their difference!

Rex Kamex

^ Dang, Piplup isn't that bad. I think the reason why people have a problem with Piplup and Dawn's pokemon as a whole in general is because they are too cute and one hasn't been used in a contest at all yet, but is her powerhouse.

Or that they can't bear to see another Pokemon besides Pikachu have a large amount of spotlight.

Waterpokes

Ahm.... Pikachu never get's any spotlight for the moment. *CoughStartersCough*

Blaziken is way better in everything, it does what it's supposed to do, good movepool, does not steal any screentime from anyone. Torchic was useless, but Combusken showed potencial and became super strong! Pipup is appearing in every episode and has not secret potencial, as Combusken/Torchic had. Stop being outside the Poke Ball and show up in 3 years from now on, and maybe some people will consider you're potencial!

J-boogie200

If Dawn stays for the next season, she will most likely enter contests so Piplup will at least win won of her ribbons in the battle round.

Let's not forget Piplup will probably have more wins than Combusken in Dawn's first season competing in the Grand Festival. I'm not including Battle Frontier.

Dragom master Tryce

In my opinion, Piplup will never live up to reach the level of ,well anything, that Blaziken did. It seems that fire types are what the people want to see, including me actually so, it will take Piplup a lot af work to reach that same level being what I can only see as a popularity type-disadvantage. Ironic really.

~HikariSatoshi~

ღ ヒカリ ღ
I think Pochama can live up to Blaziken's potential. Remember, just because a pokemon isn't evolved, that doesn't mean it's weak. Pikachu defeated a Raichu and Pochama defeated a Pottaishi. And Pochama has alot of potential. It's personality (it's pride) will make it go far. Plus Pochama is Hikari's powerhouse, so of course it has potential.

>.> Piplup is like a mix of Bulbasaur and Pikachu to me. But not that powerful, is all. Why all the Piplup hate, hm? In my opinion, Piplup has not stolen any screentime from Pikachu. The writers were only giving it it's character. >.>

I think that Piplup can live up to Blaziken's potential (Contest-wise). Maybe not in strenght much, but can stand firmly in a Contest. People seem to be forgetting that Dawn is a Coordinator...

J-boogie200

^ Exactly, Piplup can very well win 10 contest battles, before its run is over. If you really think about it, it's not impossible.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
I doubt Piplup can... At this time in Hoenn May had a Combusken already and I don't see any sign of Piplup evolving any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.