1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Can Salamence rise to Ubers again?

Discussion in 'Older Gens' started by Anon2, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Anon2

Anon2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's true. Dragonite definately has that advantage over Salamance, as well as better bulk to begin with. It can probably hit just as hard as Salamence too if it really wanted to, since its base Attack is literally just one point lower than that of S-mence. It'll definately shrug off attacks while setting up, that's for sure.

2. The important thing to remember is that you're multiplying the actual stat by 1.5, not the Base stat. I use this formula to calculate equivalent Base stats when using Evolite, Choice item, etc.

(Base Stat * Variable) + (50 * Increase)

In this case, Salamence has a Base speed of 100. The variable you're multiplying it by is 1.5, giving us 150 thus far. Now multiply 50 times the increase in the stat. Choice Scarf gives a .5 increase, so you get 25. Add them together and you have 175.

You can double check it like this. Let's take a Pokemon that has a Base 150 speed stat: Deoxys-A. The max speed stat for Deoxys-A is 438. The max speed stat for a Choice Scarf Salamence is 328 * 1.5, or 492. So you know it has to be more than Base 150. Since there are no Pokemon with Base 175 speed, we'll try the next best thing: Deoxys-S, sitting at 180. Deoxys-S hits a max of 504 speed. 504 is just a little more than 492, just as 180 is just a little more than 175. You can also plug it into the stat calculation and you should get the same answer.

But yeah, I use that trick when determining equivalent Base stats.

3. Lulamoon

Lulamoon Cheese for everyone!

I meant with Moxie.

Salamence as a base Attack of 135 while Garchomp as a base Attack of 130. I'm sorry, who can't hit as hard? It really depends on how you play the two.
    As for how well it does in Ubers, I've never played in Ubers. Nor have I used a Salamence. Still, I'm sure it works fine.

4. Anon2

Anon2 Well-Known Member

I see. Thanks for the info! Also, since I've been wondering this for a while and it just came to mind again, I was wondering if you'd know why base HP was more value than any other stat?

Example:

Base 150 HP would ultimately cap out at 504, but for any other stat to reach that number, it has to be Base 180. Why is that?

5. That just comes down to the in game calculations used to determine stats. While all the other stats are calculated one way, HP is calculated in a different manner. The reason for this is beyond me, but it probably has to do with how HP works differently than other stats.

6. Anon2

Anon2 Well-Known Member

I see. Well, thanks anyway!

7. Ciliano

Ciliano Well-Known Member

One part of me wants to say that it will be moved. Moxie Salamence is insane. Another part of me wants to say that it will stay. Moxie Salamence can be stopped. The key players are Rain and Ferrothorn. The two together ruin Salamence.

8. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

Agreed.

GODDAMNFUCKINGSHIT, it's Blaziken all over again!

9. Vandslaux

Vandslaux Well-Known Member

Then why do I hear Excadrill had base 226 Speed in Sand? 88 x 2 + .5 = 220.

10. DragonA7X

DragonA7X BASSHOLE

I can see it as an uber again.

11. destructo

destructo Well-Known Member

If dragonite goes to ubers then yes, salamence has a chance to go to ubers.

12. bugcatchersdream

bugcatchersdream is not a moron

You know what would be fun? If they made Shell Smash a tutor move in Grey/the RS remakes, and gave it to Shelgon. Salamence would be Uber in less than a week.

13. Anon2

Anon2 Well-Known Member

Oh God. And can you imagine Outrage on top of that?

14. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Reading ADWD

I see Shelgon as a pupae, not truly shelled, so I doubt it could get Shell Smash (not that they would)

15. Baton Passer

Baton Passer Bzzzzzzzzzzt!

Still the idea makes me shudder a bit.

Moxie and Shell Smash together?

That sounds like it could even make shuckle offensive (exaggeration), never mind a dragon with 135 base attack.

I agree Parachomp.

I agree.

16. Vandslaux

Vandslaux Well-Known Member

Dragonite goes Uber, Mence does too. I predict it'll be like Lati@s last gen. Latios went Uber, then people realized that Latias wrecked ****.

17. You're doing the math wrong. Sand Rush multiplies the stat by 2, but the increase is only 100%, or 1. It looks like this.

(88 * 2) + (50 * 1)
    176 + 50 = 226

18. Jacobthepokemonfreak

Jacobthepokemonfreak Fly it all away!

I agree.,,.

19. Anon2

Anon2 Well-Known Member

Welp, I guess this thread is more or less useless... thanks for the advice, everyone!

20. stenli

stenli Flabebes

Moxie is illegal with BOTH DD and Outrage as far as I know. Means you can only pick between Moxie + DD or Moxie + Outrage.

If new game released with Outrage tutor, I see it will rise in use.