• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can Salamence rise to Ubers again?

Anon2

Dragonite is now technically better then salamence, thanks to multiscale. Dragonite needs to banned first before we ever nominate salamence this gen.

Yeah, that's true. Dragonite definately has that advantage over Salamance, as well as better bulk to begin with. It can probably hit just as hard as Salamence too if it really wanted to, since its base Attack is literally just one point lower than that of S-mence. It'll definately shrug off attacks while setting up, that's for sure.

Actually, that's very interesting. Tell me, how does Salamence have base 175 with a choice scarf? How does the math work out in the end?

My logic was that 100 X 1.5 = 150... on the other hand, if Salamence has a speed-bossting nature making it's base speed 110 with the 1.1 increase, then 110 X 1.5 = 165, right?

So if there's aything I missed in the calculations, feel free to let me know. :p

The important thing to remember is that you're multiplying the actual stat by 1.5, not the Base stat. I use this formula to calculate equivalent Base stats when using Evolite, Choice item, etc.

(Base Stat * Variable) + (50 * Increase)

In this case, Salamence has a Base speed of 100. The variable you're multiplying it by is 1.5, giving us 150 thus far. Now multiply 50 times the increase in the stat. Choice Scarf gives a .5 increase, so you get 25. Add them together and you have 175.

You can double check it like this. Let's take a Pokemon that has a Base 150 speed stat: Deoxys-A. The max speed stat for Deoxys-A is 438. The max speed stat for a Choice Scarf Salamence is 328 * 1.5, or 492. So you know it has to be more than Base 150. Since there are no Pokemon with Base 175 speed, we'll try the next best thing: Deoxys-S, sitting at 180. Deoxys-S hits a max of 504 speed. 504 is just a little more than 492, just as 180 is just a little more than 175. You can also plug it into the stat calculation and you should get the same answer.

But yeah, I use that trick when determining equivalent Base stats.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
Um...wasn't it a move tutor move in SS,HG, And (not sure) Platinum? Bagon dream world only gets moxie....
I meant with Moxie.

Also Salamence in Ubers LOL. It can't hit as hard as Garchomp and is far weaker than Latios, which itself is sitting pretty in OU.
Salamence as a base Attack of 135 while Garchomp as a base Attack of 130. I'm sorry, who can't hit as hard? It really depends on how you play the two.
As for how well it does in Ubers, I've never played in Ubers. Nor have I used a Salamence. Still, I'm sure it works fine.

Anon2

The important thing to remember is that you're multiplying the actual stat by 1.5, not the Base stat. I use this formula to calculate equivalent Base stats when using Evolite, Choice item, etc.

(Base Stat * Variable) + (50 * Increase)

In this case, Salamence has a Base speed of 100. The variable you're multiplying it by is 1.5, giving us 150 thus far. Now multiply 50 times the increase in the stat. Choice Scarf gives a .5 increase, so you get 25. Add them together and you have 175.

You can double check it like this. Let's take a Pokemon that has a Base 150 speed stat: Deoxys-A. The max speed stat for Deoxys-A is 438. The max speed stat for a Choice Scarf Salamence is 328 * 1.5, or 492. So you know it has to be more than Base 150. Since there are no Pokemon with Base 175 speed, we'll try the next best thing: Deoxys-S, sitting at 180. Deoxys-S hits a max of 504 speed. 504 is just a little more than 492, just as 180 is just a little more than 175. You can also plug it into the stat calculation and you should get the same answer.

But yeah, I use that trick when determining equivalent Base stats.

I see. Thanks for the info! Also, since I've been wondering this for a while and it just came to mind again, I was wondering if you'd know why base HP was more value than any other stat?

Example:

Base 150 HP would ultimately cap out at 504, but for any other stat to reach that number, it has to be Base 180. Why is that?

I see. Thanks for the info! Also, since I've been wondering this for a while and it just came to mind again, I was wondering if you'd know why base HP was more value than any other stat?

Example:

Base 150 HP would ultimately cap out at 504, but for any other stat to reach that number, it has to be Base 180. Why is that?

That just comes down to the in game calculations used to determine stats. While all the other stats are calculated one way, HP is calculated in a different manner. The reason for this is beyond me, but it probably has to do with how HP works differently than other stats.

Anon2

That just comes down to the in game calculations used to determine stats. While all the other stats are calculated one way, HP is calculated in a different manner. The reason for this is beyond me, but it probably has to do with how HP works differently than other stats.

I see. Well, thanks anyway!

Ciliano

One part of me wants to say that it will be moved. Moxie Salamence is insane. Another part of me wants to say that it will stay. Moxie Salamence can be stopped. The key players are Rain and Ferrothorn. The two together ruin Salamence.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
One part of me wants to say that it will be moved. Moxie Salamence is insane. Another part of me wants to say that it will stay. Moxie Salamence can be stopped. The key players are Rain and Ferrothorn. The two together ruin Salamence.
Agreed.

GODDAMNFUCKINGSHIT, it's Blaziken all over again!

Vandslaux

Then why do I hear Excadrill had base 226 Speed in Sand? 88 x 2 + .5 = 220.

bugcatchersdream

is not a moron
You know what would be fun? If they made Shell Smash a tutor move in Grey/the RS remakes, and gave it to Shelgon. Salamence would be Uber in less than a week.

Anon2

You know what would be fun? If they made Shell Smash a tutor move in Grey/the RS remakes, and gave it to Shelgon. Salamence would be Uber in less than a week.

Oh God. And can you imagine Outrage on top of that?

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I see Shelgon as a pupae, not truly shelled, so I doubt it could get Shell Smash (not that they would)

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
Still the idea makes me shudder a bit.

Moxie and Shell Smash together?

That sounds like it could even make shuckle offensive (exaggeration), never mind a dragon with 135 base attack.

GODDAMN****INGSHIT, it's Blaziken all over again!

I agree Parachomp.

I agree.

Vandslaux

Dragonite goes Uber, Mence does too. I predict it'll be like Lati@s last gen. Latios went Uber, then people realized that Latias wrecked ****.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
There's a difference between "good," "broken," and "it wouldn't have destroyed your team if you didn't let it set up forever."

I agree.,,.

stenli

Flabebes
Moxie is illegal with BOTH DD and Outrage as far as I know. Means you can only pick between Moxie + DD or Moxie + Outrage.

If new game released with Outrage tutor, I see it will rise in use.