• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

can someone help me with a breeding problem?

SpankedEagle

mr. electabuzz
ok, I'm trying to breed an elekid for pearl that will have fire punch, ice punch, and cross chop.

now, this wouldn't be a problem if I had emerald, I could just get the move tutor to make machop learn ice punch, then level him up to learn cross chop, then have an elekid baby.

but, I don't have emerald, just sapphire and firered. now i have elekid babies with either cross chop,or the punches. can someone help me get cross chop and ice punch on an elekid baby?

PokePivo

use a hitmoncham (if you chose it on firered, or breed it if you chose hitmonlee), and train it to learn ice punch and fire punch. Breed it with a female machop/machoke/machamp to get a male machop with ice punch and fire punch and use a train it to get cross chop. Then just breed the machp with an electabuzz

SpankedEagle

mr. electabuzz
use a hitmoncham (if you chose it on firered, or breed it if you chose hitmonlee), and train it to learn ice punch and fire punch. Breed it with a female machop/machoke/machamp to get a male machop with ice punch and fire punch and use a train it to get cross chop. Then just breed the machp with an electabuzz

the serebiidex says machop cant learn ice punch from breeding.

Last edited:

Chadi

You can't breed both on without Emerald, but you could breed cross chop on Magmar and level it up to learn Fire Punch, hten breed that with Electabuzz to get an Electabuzz W/ Fire Punch & Cross Chop.

23caterpie

pokemaster
If you have XD you can just get one there.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
without either Emerald or XD, you can't get Ice Punch and Cross Chop on an Electabuzz.

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
machop can learn it through move tutor, therefore it can also learn it through breed...

Move tutor moves are not in any way egg moves unless specifically listed as such
THEREFORE
you are wrong.

If you know anyone that has XD you could pester them to get the elekid that has all the elemental punches + cross chop..... It is obtained by purifying the togepi (Don't max its happiness though else you'll just get a regular elekid in return).
If you're willing to spend the extra money on it, it's worth it for all the special move stuff you can get and they're getting pretty cheap too.... Emerald as well.

#Gecko#

The Essential One
Since it will be in D/P traded to someone you really trust to someone who has Emerald and then back to you through Wi-Fi.