• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can we now say Mijumaru is Piplup redux

Teshub

Banned
Watching the episode I got the feeling that the writers made Mijumaru have a similar personality as Pip in the beginning of DP. Also the fact that he got a lot of the focus. I guess they are trying to trick the kiddies who liked Piplup.

But does this also mean Mijumaru won't evolve at all and remain "cute" to benefit their promotional purposes?

thebluemarc

King of the World
It does look really awesome to the point that I'm think if the will evolve the awesome dude. I think it ill stay very long in its basic stage before it evolves.

Kibago, doesn't appeal to kiddies but I do hope Miju evolves at the right time when a new mascot it's ready. And yes I am more than positive that it will want to stay out of it's Pokeball.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I believe Mijumaru will evolve, I doubt it will be important like Piplup. Piplup was out of the pokeball in most of the time, and Mijumaru won't be. And we see in the previews a Futachumaru, it might be Ash's.

thebluemarc

King of the World
I doubt that they will evolve the guy that fast. And no I would like to believe that Futachimaru is owned by the Battle Club.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
That Futachumaru is not ash's it wouldn't be that early and i'm pretty sure it's for the battle club i hope ash doesn't evolve it so it always be cute like piplup except Mijumaru is cuter.

Chimchar15

No it's not because Mijumaru wasn't stubborn like Piplup was in DP 001, in fact Mijumaru has more unique personality. It seems confident and more playful and social than Piplup was. I can't wait to see more.

Teshub

Banned
No it's not because Mijumaru wasn't stubborn like Piplup was in DP 001, in fact Mijumaru has more unique personality. It seems confident and more playful and social than Piplup was. I can't wait to see more.

Are you being sarcastic?

The Mijumaru is definitely trying to take the spotlight.

RickHoenn

Banned
Mijumaru is better and more adorable than Piplup! :D omg, Miju is so cute!!!

Teshub

Banned
Mijumaru is better and more adorable than Piplup! :D omg, Miju is so cute!!!

Something tells me if Dawn had that Mijumaru you wouldn't be saying that. Everyone just like playing teams instead of being objective.

I wasn't fond of Piplup, and propbably not of Miju either. I don't like too much sugar into an already saccharide infused show.

Chimchar15

Are you being sarcastic?

The Mijumaru is definitely trying to take the spotlight.

No I'm not being sarcastic. Did you see DP 001. He was really annoying. He got more social as the show progressed but he definitely was very anti-social towards the beginning of the series. Mijumaru has been stalking Ash, was in a much more positive mood than Piplup was in DP 001. In next week's preview you see Mijumaru trying to push Pikachu out of the way as it likes Ash. They always do that with the starters that Ash captures. They make it stand out. Treekcko in Hoenn, Turtwing in early Sinnoh and later on Chimchar. So no it's not a Piplup redux.

Last edited:

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Nah, the personalities are slightly similar but Mijumaru's just got more about it. Not the "HI, I'M IN YOUR FACE!" persona of Piplup, but more a cute little bystander.

thebluemarc

King of the World
[IMG139]http://i53.*******.com/2j68w29.png[/IMG139]​

Piplup is annoying and so far this Mijumaru is kick-*** and awesomely cute. It looks cute on the outside but it has a character that is beyond cute, its firm and not really as playful.

Teshub

Banned
Yes, its going to remain "cute" for the whole series. Meaning it wont evolve and turn into that dinosaur-seal looking thing.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I can't really see Ash using it's final evolved form either. I think it might evolve into Futachimaru (sp?) at some point in the series, but that's as far as it's going to go, IMO.

Teshub

Banned
I can't really see Ash using it's final evolved form either. I think it might evolve into Futachimaru (sp?) at some point in the series, but that's as far as it's going to go, IMO.

Mijumaru = Piplup 1.5

Pokabu = Chimchar the second

Chimchar15

Lol Teshub the fact that you even haven't seen Pokabu in action yet alone you don't actually know who getting him just shows that you made this thread to indirectly bash BW again. Get over Dawn and DP it's over. Seriously dud it's starting to get really, really annoying.

Teshub

Banned
Lol Teshub the fact that you even haven't seen Pokabu in action yet alone you don't actually know who getting him just shows that you made this thread to indirectly bash BW again. Get over Dawn and DP it's over. Seriously dud it's starting to get really, really annoying.

I think your feigned "DP teh sucks, BW is winz" bias is blinding you to obvious gimmicks in the anime.

We have the adorable water type with the spotlight at the beginning. CHECK

The fire/fighting type that is able to use punch attacks when he evolves, and appears a while later. CHECK

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice those similarities.

IMPERIAL DRAGON

Enemy Of Reality
Am I the only one getting a bit of Squirtle vibe? Sort of a naturally cool but relaxed persona. You people are assuming far too much too soon, regardless of how cute Miju may be in the anime, there's no way it won't evolve. We're not in Johto anymore, Ash doesn't get stuck with little critters who refuse to evolve aside from the odd one who doesn't evolve due to already being pretty tough (Buizel anyone), at least not starters.

Even if Ash does get all three starters, they'll all probably evolve at least once if not all the way. Be a bit pointless to go two generations with Ash getting fully evolved starters to having a Piplup wanna be with all that not evolving nonsense.

Chimchar15

I think your feigned "DP teh sucks, BW is winz" bias is blinding you to obvious gimmicks in the anime.

We have the adorable water type with the spotlight at the beginning. CHECK

The fire/fighting type that is able to use punch attacks when he evolves, and appears a while later. CHECK

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice those similarities.

Excuse me I'm bias lol. That's funny. If ti wasn't Mijumaru it would be Pokabu or Tsutaaja. Like I said whenever the starter Pokemon that Ash gets is introduced it gets attention. So regardless of whether it was Mijumaru or not the starter would have gotten attention. The there's Pokabu. Yeah Pokabu can learn fighting type attacks but by the logic that would've made Chimchar Torchic 2.0 which it wasn't. Yeah it has the same typing not personality which is what is important. Anyways I'm done with you my friend no matter how much you rant DP is done, wipe the fanboism out of your eyes and move on.