• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can you cook worth a %^$&?

.:Lemon Tea:.

Crystallized decay
I boil water!

Hilijix

Back in Blue
I use the microwave.

Nuff said.

Asterveil

Go figure.
I'm afraid I'll burn myself. XD My dad cooks a pretty good meal every once in awhile.

nunzio722

levitating fetus
both my parents are amazing cooks, my mom couldn't cook at all a few years ago, but my dad taught her how to cook, and now she's a better cook than my dad.

dad wil probably teach her how to make ahi tuna, since he just came back from a fishing trip, and brought back 50 pounds of fresh ocean-caught tuna.

Akihide

Wannabe
I can cook pretty well. Not that it's that difficult, a lot of the time it's just following instructions. If I don't know how to cook something all I have to do is google it.

It really irritates me when people say that they can't cook, they're just lazy (unless they can't read or lack limbs or something).

Hydreigon11

Don't Blink
I can cook basic things and follow a recipe, does that count?

Also when I was 10, my friend's cousin was getting married, and I was known for my cupcakes being awesome, so she asked me to create 100 to make a sort of pyramid cake out of cakes. I succeeded and got an invite to the wedding, free food, and a present off my friend's cousin, so it was worth it.

Asterio

I am a terrible cook, haha. Well actually, I haven't really tried to before. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be that great at it though lol. Maybe I should try making something easy one of these days and see how well I do.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
I can only microwave.

catzeye

Writer's Block
I'm good with making salads, pastas and cakes.

Everybody loves my cakes. =D

Plus I'm mean, lean cooking machine with the microwave...because I'm usually too lazy to bother actually cooking.

alchimiste

I can cook edible, more or less appetizing food... I'm actually starting baking lessons in September because I've realized I spend an insane amount of money on baked goods

Funny story, I did once set a pot/the top of the stove on fire (about 9 years ago) when I tried making spaghetti... Although I'm not sure if that can be blamed on my lack of culinary skills as much as my disdain for being assigned kitchen duty whilst in boarding school. The message nevertheless came across and I never had kitchen duty again xDD

EnvyTheirGreed

Just keep swimming~
I made bomb steak, candy carrots, and broccoli for dinner tonight, and EVERYONE LOVED IT.

FAST FOOD, is so gross.....
But I kinda want the PKMN toys from McDonalds... D;

alchimiste

I made bomb steak, candy carrots, and broccoli for dinner tonight, and EVERYONE LOVED IT.

McD's has pokemon toys? Here in NY???? o_O

ChedWick

They sell them separately. I bought all 8 :D

I actually just recently started making awesome steaks.

Preheat the oven to 500 degrees with a cast iron skillet in it.
Bring steak (between .5-1.5 inches thick) to room temperature.
Lightly brush some olive oil on to either side of the steak.
Add a generous pinch of salt and cracked pepper on either side of the steak as well.
When the oven dings 500 take out the skillet and put it on the stove top.
Immediately turn the flame to high and place your steak in the center of the skillet
Cook on either side for 30 seconds.
Flip one more time and place the skillet with the steak back in the oven for 2 minutes on either side.
When done enjoy an insanely juicy piece of steak. Like it a little more crispy on the outside then add about 15-20 seconds on either side for the initial cooking. Don't like medium rare and would rather have a steak that's a little more done? Then add about 2 minutes to either side while in the oven. Like it more done than that... You don't deserve steak.

I did this with a shoulder cut which is tougher due to it getting more work on the animal and it was still amazing. Make it with something like a rib-eye and OMG ORGASM!

Ninja'd

bitter sins
Yes, I have been told I'm an awesome cook. I make whole dinners for my family. I'm especially good at making desserts.

Lyra_Lover1022

Click my eggs/add me
Microwave is my best buddy! =3 Does that tell you how well I can cook?
My parents cook extraordinary meals. My step dad says he has a background as a pastry chef, but I dunno. My dad died when I was six so I don't remember much about his cooking. I died for his peach cobblers, though.