• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can you even remember what SPPF looked like before?

Arcanine724

I am the Batman
I can't really, the only part I remember is having a UCP (User Control Panel) and the forum page being very 'boxey'

Can u remember what the old forum looked like?

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I can, actually. I'm not the oldest member, but I'm one of the older ones.

(I really miss being able to navigate to any part of the forum at the bottom here, though.)

Roaring Apathy

Fight the good fight
Only thing i remember was that years ago the website used to have an arcade. This was....like 2004 or 2005

Used to play this one game on it where you smashed rabbits with a hammer. Good times.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
From when I joined, it obviously didn't change.

Though I do remember the banner up top being drastically different back when I dtill stalked this place in 2008.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
(I really miss being able to navigate to any part of the forum at the bottom here, though.)
You can still do that if you mean at the bottom of a thread... or an index page too in fact).

I do remember the old look. I also remember the lag. =p

I remember being able to delete VMs.
I remember being able to click "go advanced" when editing a message, whether that be a VM or forum post.
I remember when the main SPPf page used to load in a timely fashion.
I remember some of the old skins (Particularly the hot pink one), which are long gone now.
I remember when pages didn't redirect to that activity tab.
I remember not having that activity tab.
I remember how fun my friend's social group was.

Oh, how things change. :(

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I remember when the main SPPf page used to load in a timely fashion.
I remember that happening on a regular basis these days tbh, no lag whatsoever for me. =p

I can assure you that whatever lag may be around these days is nothing like the 2006-2009 days, particularly early on when DP was coming out. Downtimes were frequent then, nver mind slow loading times.

Brutaka

Ignition
I remember since Smogon still uses that style.
I remember social groups.
I remember not being annoyed at the activity page on my profile.
I remember the old Dark skin being better than this one(I like black accented with dark gray instead of dark gray accented with dull red)
But whatever. The BW2 skin does just fine. The new green-ish text is a bit different, but its kinda cool, I guess.
But I do love being without the lag. Even when I came, it was much worse than it is now. Considering there is no lag now.
Just look at Smogon. It's a lag-fest, oh boy.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Eh, a little bit, but I've gotten used to this new style, which I think is more professional than it was previously.

I remember the forum lag, though. You'd be cruising for one minute, and then all of a sudden, it lags, and sometimes you get logged out, or the site kicks you out until a certain time. Good ol' frustration. I also remember Serebii being more prone to Trojans/viruses than it does now. Which I think is a good thing it doesn't. My other computer had actually gotten infected from a Trojan here once. That was a pain to fix. Of course, Macs have a built in effective-immediately firewall, so now I don't have to worry about infections.

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
Woah, there used to be a radio? I should have joined years ago.

But yeah, I kind of remember it cause smogon is almost the same.

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
Eh, a little bit, but I've gotten used to this new style, which I think is more professional than it was previously.

I remember the forum lag, though. You'd be cruising for one minute, and then all of a sudden, it lags, and sometimes you get logged out, or the site kicks you out until a certain time. Good ol' frustration. I also remember Serebii being more prone to Trojans/viruses than it does now. Which I think is a good thing it doesn't. My other computer had actually gotten infected from a Trojan here once. That was a pain to fix. Of course, Macs have a built in effective-immediately firewall, so now I don't have to worry about infections.
I thought I was the only one. About a year ago my old computer got a Trojan from this website. But ever since I have started using a Mac, that hasn't happened.

HetaOni

Chesaught
I can't even remember anymore...
I do remember that I used to always use the Pichu Bros skin.
I like this electric type skin much better.

Yup. I still miss the Armaldo banner on the bug skin =/
And I'm still horrible with finding the new User CP. It always takes me some time to find it when I want to change it.

But it's an improvement, I'll get used to it.
(I also remember the severe lag on the old SPPf which was extremely frustrating, luckily that was solved quite some time ago)

Flame Mistress

I still remember the old Psychic Skin pretty well. I also remember when Social Groups still existed. It seems like ages ago now...