• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Bearing in mind that i dont have FR or LG (will as of tomoz tho xP), i was wondering....

I know that you can get a lot of the Johto pokemon from the sevvi islands, but can you get all the pokemon using just FR/LG (or any of the third gen ie: R/S/E/FR/LG) or can you only get all johto pokemon by means of a Gamecube game?

Thx

Conquistador

Clash

He's Back!
I'm pretty sure you can get all the Johto Pokemon, except for the starters and a few others, in the handheld Pokemon RPG games.

Mew3

Kill `em!
You can get 1 of the Johto starters in Emerald after you complete the Hoenn dex. You could've gotten Lugia + Ho-Oh from the Mystic Ticket Wonderspot but it's over now. You can get a lot of Johto Pokemon in the Emerald's 2 new Safari Zone aeras. Let me see...yes you can get every Johto Pokemon(except Lugia and Ho-Oh) using just Emerald, Fire Red AND Leaf Green. Oh, and you find Celebi on routes 121 and 123 in Emerald, although the chances of finding him are 1/268435456 making him the rarest Pokemon in any game existing.

Taylor Ray

Newest shiny
Some people don't believe in the Celebi glitch, seeing as nowhere in the games coding is Celebi. But it is possible to find all the Johto, other than Legends, with the GBA games.

You can get Lugia on XD and Ho-oh on Colloseum.

Oh, and you find Celebi on routes 121 and 123 in Emerald, although the chances of finding him are 1/268435456 making him the rarest Pokemon in any game existing.

Actually, that glitch was only in the early version of Ruby and
Sapphire.

Mew3

Kill `em!
Actually, that glitch was only in the early version of Ruby and
Sapphire.

Oh crap, then I'm never gonna get a Celebi!

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY

Latest (SR)
not just the sevvi islands you can get some from there but no where near 95%

DarkPsychoBoost

Future World Emperor
They should make a remake of gold and silver and get it over with.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
@DarkPsycho, see my other thread xP

@Mrrrrkenedy,

what other locations of johto pokemon are there apart from sevvi islands and altering cave?

EdrickV

Wanderer
Check these maps out. They'll show you where to find Pokemon. (Kanto, Johto, or Hoenn, depending on the map) For Johto Pokemon look at the Sevii Islands on the Fr/Lg map. (Click switch to change between various parts of the Sevii islands and then back to Kanto.)
Also look at the Safari Zone Extension areas that Emerald has on the second map. For info on specific Pokemon you can use the Pokedex there or the one on here.

http://www.psypokes.com/lgfr/map.php
http://www.psypokes.com/rs/map.php

I don't think the Altering Cave actually works. (Or that's what I've read at least.)

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY

Latest (SR)
the altering cave dose't work and you can get a legendary dog after fixing the trading machine in the sevvi islands. You will find them running around kanto and they will always be the type that is strongest agianst your starter E.G. bulbasaur-entai

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
So are there ANY Johto pokemon that you cant get with just the GBA games?

like are there any pokemon that u can ONLY get with XD or Colo (excluding like Ho-oh and Lugia and Deyoxys and stuff)

Just confirming... again...

also, it says on the serebii pokedex that u have to trade from colo/xd to get hitmontop...is this true? becos i thought that if u got a tyrouge and had it atk=def itd evolve into hitmontop, regardless.....

Scepgatr

If you get hold of all GBA games, R/S/E/FR/LG, then you can capture all the Pokémons, except for the legendaries like Celebi and Jirachi. Others are available through events in the GBA games. You can catch all the Johto Pokémons. Some were in R/S. Then in FR/LG, some other Jhoto pokémons are there in the wild. Finally in Emerald, in the Safari Zone Extension, and in the BF, the remaining Jhoto Pokémon can be caught there. You don't need the altering cave.

Last edited:

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Awesome, once again scept, you have successfully answered my querie so that i have no doubt whatsoever...

So this means that u CAN evolve tyrouge into hitmontop on the GBA? despite wat serebii's dex says...

Last edited:

stu770

Soul Trainer
You can get most of the johto pokemon in fr/lg but only a couple of hoenn pokemon are in fr/lg, so you will have to trade them over from r/s/e.

frozenthunder

Master Breeder
they will make a new version of gold and silver and i cant wait till i get it but in the mean time you must get all the events otherwise the pokedex will never get finished

This thread is two years old wtf :[

Status
Not open for further replies.