• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Canada - The most forgotten country (AND NO IT'S NOT USA'S TOPHAT!)

TogeticTheRuler

Ah. Neither did our previous one ("My Country, 'Tis of Thee"), either. There are a couple that get sung a lot ("God Bless America" and "America the Beautiful"), but they all mention God, and our government is pretty strict on not mentioning Him. That's another topic, though.

Say, are the mounties actually still around, or is that just a stereotype? Just curious.

Strict government? Wut. It's not like everyone will get ****** off at the mention of God.

Btw, read the dollar bill.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Did you know that Canada was part of America?

Canada was never part of America. One time, it was close to becoming American territory, but that never actually happened. It was a British and French colony, but never an American.

Cobalt_Latios

^_^ Canada is America's tophat-
Dang it. (I can't really have a proper opinion on this because I've never been to Canada, but from what I read I would have to agree with the OP post.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
It doesn't help that 'kanada' is German for 'nothing there' eh?

Of course, it's not the most forgotten country, I mean, how many of you have heard of:

Kiribati
San Marino
Palau
Nauru
Tuvalu
Myanmar/Burma

And let's not forget the ever commen "It's a country?" Vatican City.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
America is a continent.

Oh, I thought you were saying "America" as in the USA! Well then, obviously Canada was part of America, and still is.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
^ Exactly! We're not your head, your top hat, or even your asshat. Because we're not shaped like a hat! I know that you guys are all joking, but for those who aren't, just wanted to agree with SangiusArcangel there.

I didn't mean that I thought that Canada was comparable to a hat, I just meant that America isn't comparable to an asshat, in my opinion at least.

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
Well, I live like an hour away from Canada so yeah, we have a lot of Canadian influence where I live, but no milk in bags, I don't know why, but they just seem like they would be hard pouring or would pop easily, though I never really seen a bag of milk so I can't judge...

Both my grandmas are from Canada, whenever I go to Canada I stock up on canadian candy and fruitopia...

Still, I wish I lived in Canada sometimes...

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Frutopia's only in Canada? I actually didn't know that. Awesome!

Anyways, just thought of something that not only Americans don't have, but anyone outside of Ontario do. It's Pizza Pizza - medium quality, yet really cheap pizza that you can't afford to miss!

centipede2000

Yeah I live in Quebec and Canada rock! The only thing that kinda sucks though is the cold weather around january/february. It can get pretty darn cold sometimes. I have seen temperatures as low as -30° Celsius and there are plenty of insanely badass snowstorms too! :p

EDIT: Woah, I didn't know that bagged milk was exclusive to Canada! CooL!

Last edited:
EDIT: Woah, I didn't know that bagged milk was exclusive to Canada! CooL!

I had never even heard of that until I read this thread yesterday. I just can't even comprehend how/why that's done since I'm so used to having it bottled/in a plastic container/etc.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I had never even heard of that until I read this thread yesterday. I just can't even comprehend how/why that's done since I'm so used to having it bottled/in a plastic container/etc.

It's simple. All they do is fill a plastic bag with milk, seal the bag, then when you use it, you cut a small corner of the bag, and pour. Usually what happens is those milk bags are put in mini-pitchers, which then pour the milk (at least, that's what my family does).

centipede2000, one time, windchill included, I was in -40. And that's in Toronto, which is less cold than anywhere in Quebec.