• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Canada - The most forgotten country (AND NO IT'S NOT USA'S TOPHAT!)

Fujitsu

Now 50% more gelatin
^ We're not hoping for mountains upon mountains of recognition and fame. We just want to be appreciated for the things we do. We won't want a five page article stating how Canada invented the zipper, we just want US people to at least know that the reason their jackets close so easily is because of their neighbours up north.

If you asked a diabetic American, he/she's most likely claim that their Insulin was discovered in America.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker

S-Unit

No.1 Jun Fanboi
I think there is a general uneasiness about Americans talking about Canada. They don't want to admit the truth: Canada is on top.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
S-Unit said:
I think there is a general uneasiness about Americans talking about Canada. They don't want to admit the truth: Canada is on top.

Only because we're jamming your head into a freezer.

Waldorf

ungrateful
Canada's the most forgotten country you say? I think much of South America, Africa and Eastern Europe would like to have a rather stern word with you.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Canada's the most forgotten country you say? I think much of South America, Africa and Eastern Europe would like to have a rather stern word with you.

You're kidding, right? Everybody knows at least a little bit about South America and Eastern Europe, and Africa's been in our news a bunch of times. Some people in the US, who are DIRECTLY below us, don't even know what Canada is.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Yea he's right. Last time Canada was on a national news channel is when Obama visited it. We don't hear the word mentioned no more than once every few years. I'm dead serious.

Waldorf

ungrateful
South America and Africa appear on the news alright... as South America and Africa. There's an economical crisis... in South America. Widespread famine... in Africa. To the majority of the American population they are little more than vague large landmasses full of poor and hungry people.

As for Eastern Europe, it's hardly on the news, except when someone decides to make a movie about a business where you can maim and torture tourists to your heart's content and it happens to take place in Slovenia. No such thing as bad publicity, I guess.

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
This just reminded me of a burning point I wanted to emphasize. In the anime-episode-related bar on the right side of the Serebii.net window, two of the banners read:

Coming To USA
Recently In Usa [sic]

And game release dates say "US:" too. Come on, not everyone who watches the anime outside of Japan lives in Los Angeles. Might I suggest that one of the regulars here change it to something like "Coming To NA" for North America? Or "Recently in the West"?

Or at the very least, capitalize the "s" and "a" in "Usa"?

Slappy_Pancake

I'm Canadian, and I have a question for you: Does it really matter?

I don't feel the need to be recognized. With fame comes many unpleasant side-effects. When you mention Canada, people generally think of a friendly modest place. That kind of place is all a true Canadian should wish for. Canada is like a sunny field; not notable from the outside, but a pure haven on the inside.

Cobalt_Latios

I'm Canadian, and I have a question for you: Does it really matter?

I don't feel the need to be recognized. With fame comes many unpleasant side-effects. When you mention Canada, people generally think of a friendly modest place. That kind of place is all a true Canadian should wish for. Canada is like a sunny field; not notable from the outside, but a pure haven on the inside.
Thank you! Someone gets it. Yes, I'll admit that sometimes Canada doesn't get the respect it deserves (or credit for that matter). But in some ways, I actually think that's a good thing. I mean, notice the amount of contributions that Canada has done, and yet, it's kind of just, "oh, they made it? Wow.".

Sometimes I do feel like we we're under appreciated, but this little gem has made we realize that Canada is better off doing great, but also just not making a big deal about it. Notice the many awesome things we're recognized for (and yes, all that despite the fact that it's a "it just bugs me" page. Even better, someone makes a note about that somewhere in there).

And yes, I did link to TVTropes. If you feel like you shouldn't bother, don't, but this one is almost devoid of those "links" and "tabs" that result from frequent browsing of that site. Just saying.

<C_L>

3lmi

pimping aint easy
w00t omg 1337 calgary pride 4 teh win .

Canada is a very good place to live. I been living here my whole life. The hardest change was from Ottawa -> Calgary. I still miss the milk bag and bus stations D:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
everybody knows that canada is cooler then america, canada is a place you can go for the rest, that's something i havn't heard about america eversince the fast food restaurant had been invented.

Staryu

I know, I know..
I've heard of Togo! XD..but I don't know anything about it.

I don't think Canada is really forgotten. Everyone around me talks about how Canada is better than the US..and that it's cool how they mind their own business.