• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Sorry. I guess I just don't find it funny when someone craps all over a thread about people dying because of a terrible disease.

Welcome to misc

I was orphaned when my mom died of cancer. And apparently it's genetic, so I'm pretty paranoid.

This sounds awful, but I'm actually kind of comforted to know that I wasn't the only one. Back when it was happening, I was the only kid in school going through something like that. It was quite a lonely feeling. I hope everyone gets through it all right.

You're definitely not alone. Almost everyone has someone in their who has had cancer. Cancer has more victims than almost anything else these days, second only to heart disease. Of course, losing a parent as a child is extraordinarily difficult.

Yeah, i forgot nobody should get too worried when they have cancer because if their blood pression is high they can't operate them.

...What?

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
You're definitely not alone. Almost everyone has someone in their who has had cancer. Cancer has more victims than almost anything else these days, second only to heart disease. Of course, losing a parent as a child is extraordinarily difficult.
thats why I made this. it says you can vent for a reason

Estuary

єѕѕ-cнєw-єrry
Haa, you guys are sweet. Man, I'm just waiting for the day they come out with a cure..

Lineaire

My boyfriend had lymphoma cancer but he survived (and he's only 21). o3o So... yay not all cancer stories have a bad ending. I mean, now he has a 10% chance of getting leukemia later in life because of the treatment but... yeah. Least right now he's alive and well.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
Actually everywhere has cancer cell, but whether it is active is a different matter.

my mother side has no cancer yet my mum has breast cancer. it was stage one and was removed last year. currently she has to take meds for 5 years. it is devastating...

my father side has history of stroke and heart disease.

i am worried.

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
Actually everywhere has cancer cell, but whether it is active is a different matter.

my mother side has no cancer yet my mum has breast cancer. it was stage one and was removed last year. currently she has to take meds for 5 years. it is devastating...

my father side has history of stroke and heart disease.

i am worried.

There's no point in worrying all the time; you gotta enjoy life! And all that jazz.

Anyway as for me my grandmother on my mother's side had Cancer; of what kind I can't be sure but it was horrifying watching her turn with the added chemotherapy. After she was gone I have to admit I was happy, if only for her suffering to finish.

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
I really hope your family can get through this-- I don't admit this much, but my dad thinks he has cancer because he's a landscaper and he never used sunscreen. I wasn't supposed to know, but we were talking and he let it slip-- not a very happy day. He's had one tumor burned off his nose (they aren't very big), but he has another on the tip of it and on his ear. He's holding off treatment because our health insurance can't cover it and it's really expensive, though it keeps us up at night.

I really hope they get better, it's a real downer to have to worry about. MASSIVELY...

The Wallflower

I'll tickle ur fancy
My brother died of a rare cancer when he was 3. I was a baby at the time so I don't remember.

And I believe my grandfather had cancer too, but it didn't really affect him until he had a stroke, then his cancer started acting up again...

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Probably my least favorite sign next to Scorpio.

Did he just make a joke in a cancer thread?

My best friend's father actually died of cancer when we were kids, so there you go. Considering this is already filled with gems like, "cancer sucks too many people are dieing from it," it seemed comparatively tasteful.

G50

No longer posting
'Knock on wood'... I've never had the experience of myself nor a family member/friend having Cancer. I have had the experience of having the possibility of having Cancer. I've had a mass in my arm that I got checked for Cancer. Thankfully the tests came back negative.

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
My great aunt just died of cancer a year or so ago. Its a terrible disease. Good job on making this thread its nice.

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
My great aunt just died of cancer a year or so ago. Its a terrible disease. Good job on making this thread its nice.

My aunt IS going to die soon though :(
They just stopped chemo so we are going to visit her soon before she dies

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Gee, if only cancer can be treated. SOOO many lives are being taken by that disease.

I actually just found out last night that one of my best friend's mom had Cancer and they just found out that she survived. I had no clue. It was really sad that she had it, but I was happy that she survived.

Lickilicky.my.Skitty

Since Red & Blue!
Hello, I'm a recently new member...I was really surprised to see a topic like this on a Pokemon Forum. But in a way, I'm glad. Cancer was something that really ruined my life. When I was 4 years old I started living with my Grandma, I love her and miss her very much. But when I was 15 she found out she had cancer. I spent the next 5 years of her life by her side. It was one of--if not--the hardest thing I've ever been through. I guess I just wanted to say that...if any of you need someone to talk to or need help getting through such a thing. I've been there and I don't judge. Thank you and keep strong!

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
Hello, I'm a recently new member...I was really surprised to see a topic like this on a Pokemon Forum. But in a way, I'm glad. Cancer was something that really ruined my life. When I was 4 years old I started living with my Grandma, I love her and miss her very much. But when I was 15 she found out she had cancer. I spent the next 5 years of her life by her side. It was one of--if not--the hardest thing I've ever been through. I guess I just wanted to say that...if any of you need someone to talk to or need help getting through such a thing. I've been there and I don't judge. Thank you and keep strong!

ive been here for almost 8 months. it absolutely devistated me cause i was 7 at the time my mom got it. my school pitched in for christmas (it was a small comunity and everyone knew everyone) if my mom had died i would have either had to live with my gma or go into fostercare. i had developed my love of pokemon aboit a year before she got cancer and the learned the entire gen 1-3 from me... and watched every pokemon show before hoenn.

Lickilicky.my.Skitty

Since Red & Blue!
ive been here for almost 8 months. it absolutely devistated me cause i was 7 at the time my mom got it. my school pitched in for christmas (it was a small comunity and everyone knew everyone) if my mom had died i would have either had to live with my gma or go into fostercare. i had developed my love of pokemon aboit a year before she got cancer and the learned the entire gen 1-3 from me... and watched every pokemon show before hoenn.

That's really sweet in a way. My Grandma always talked about Pokemon with me. lol. She bought me my first game. Been playing since Gen I! I'm glad to hear she beat the disease. Hold on to what you have and appreciate it everyday!

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
That's really sweet in a way. My Grandma always talked about Pokemon with me. lol. She bought me my first game. Been playing since Gen I! I'm glad to hear she beat the disease. Hold on to what you have and appreciate it everyday!
My grandma knows nothing about Pokemon, and my first Pokemon game was a copy of red I "borrowed" from some "cousins". But back on topic.
My grandpa died of lung cancer. He smoked, so I guess it'll happen(lesson there kiddos), but it still sucks. I never knew him, he died the year before I was born, but I'm named after him, so I kinda wish I got to know him.

Razor Xtreme

^ I'm very sorry. I can empathize because my grandpa died of cancer from smoking too, but he died around 2 years ago, so I actually got to know him.

He smoked wayyy too much, and most of the people trying to help him couldn't do much, my Grandma worked herself crazy helping him, and the hospital didn't do enough to help. He had like 2-3 types of cancer (Blood, bones, and I believe lungs, not sure), but at least he stopped suffering..

Status
Not open for further replies.