• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Canine Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
Oops, sorry. Here's my second attempt at joining. "Sharks! SAVE THEM!!"

Ahem, anyway........ how come the others were accepted when they DIDN'T put sharks?

Rakurai

Sharks.

I have a slight obsession with a certain pair of electric canines (My user name, title, and avatar make that a bit obvious), which is reason enough for me to join.

And I'd like to claim Electrike (Since I already claimed Manectric elsewhere).

Kitsune Winterheart

Wintry Lights
Sharks, woot.

I would like to join. I've loved Mightyena for a long time, and other canines are adorable too. Four Pokémons of my team are canines Pokés, heheh x3;; And, I'd like to claim Glaceon. I live far away in north, so I naturally like from him/her.

BlazeShadow

Oops, sorry. Here's my second attempt at joining. "Sharks! SAVE THEM!!"

Ahem, anyway........ how come the others were accepted when they DIDN'T put sharks?

The password changes, didn't you notice other's saying Hercule Poirot?

crobatman

Sharks.

I would like to join. To the thread maker, you stole idea! LOL.
I do not see how Zigzgoon and Linoone are canines though....

I'll claim Entei since Arcanine and Growlithe have already been claimed.

GentleArtillery

Always subjective
Blue Milotic: Welcome to the club. I change the password.

Rakurai: Accepted.

Frozen Kitsune: You're in.

crobatman: Accepted, and what idea did I steal from where? And each Pokémon can be claimed by two members.

Psychic William

Power training
I wish to join

although im mostly a psychic fan im also a canines fan so its a win

If accepted I want to claim houndoom : hugs his houndoom :

crobatman

crobatman: Accepted, and what idea did I steal from where? And each Pokémon can be claimed by two members.
It was a joke.
You stole the idea from my own mind... Just the other day, I was thinking we should have a canine pokemon club. I am okay with claiming Entei.
We need a topic.

Which breeds of dog fit with the pokemon on the list of canids?
For example, Snubull and Granbull are like bulldogs. More likely, they are English Bulldogs.

Kitsune Winterheart

Wintry Lights

Hmm.. I don't really know >___> Many of the Pokés on the list are like wolves, foxes, badgers etc., so maybe Snubbul and Grandbull are the only Canine Pokés that look like actual dog breeds.

BlazeShadow

Wasn't Smeargle a Beagle or something?..

crobatman

I got a breed of dog for Entei.
Everyone thinks he looks like a tiger. I think he should be a St. Bernard or a Mastiff.

Dinaria

These are real fears
I guess we all know that Mightyena and Poochyena are hyenas - Houndoom looks to me like a Dobermann.

crobatman

I think Poochyena is more like Hyena/Wolf Hybrid.

GentleArtillery

Always subjective
Great topic!

Hmm.. I don't really know >___> Many of the Pokés on the list are like wolves, foxes, badgers etc., so maybe Snubbul and Grandbull are the only Canine Pokés that look like actual dog breeds.

Growlithe and Arcanine are probably based on Shisha (/Shishi)/Koma-inu, guard dogs in Chinese-Japanese myths.

I got a breed of dog for Entei.
Everyone thinks he looks like a tiger. I think he should be a St. Bernard or a Mastiff.

I think Entei is much more lion - Raikou is the tiger. Anyway, a St. Bernard or Mastiff = sense.

I guess we all know that Mightyena and Poochyena are hyenas - Houndoom looks to me like a Dobermann.

Poochyena - even though it has "hyena" in its name, it has "Pooch", too. I don't think it looks too much like a hyena, anyway. Actually, I believe I've read somewhere that it might be based on a dog breed, but I don't remember what, and I think I read it on the former Poochyena page of Wikipedia, which now is deleted (they have a stupid, non-informative list now -.-). I think there is a When it comes to Mightyena, I think there's no similarity at all (to a hyena). It's more of a German Shepherd or wolf, and it was probably inspired by the Beast of Gévaudan.

I think Poochyena is more like Hyena/Wolf Hybrid.

Agreed - and dogs, because I'm biased and some of the points I wrote before your quote here.

---

Electrike = Jack Russel terrier?
Manectric - it reminds me of many shepherd dogs, though not the collies.

BlazingFury

Que Sera Sera
Sharks

I would like to join. My favourite canine pokemon would have to be Growlithe, infact can I claim him? ^_^

Mikaruge84

I want to join, shark.

I don't really know what claim is but i like nearly all of eevees evo.

Last edited:

crobatman

yay! welcome to the club.

I am guessing Smeargle could be a beagle, and Lucario could be a Jackal?

GentleArtillery

Always subjective
Yup, a very cute dog breed <3 You're approved, by the way.

Lucario is probably based on Anubis, which was a god with the head of a jackal, so that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.