• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cannot boot Windows XP

Eileen

Queen of Orudoran
Today, when I try to boot my machine, I get this message:
Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

Formating and reinstalling is NOT an option. Don't tell me to do this because my files are not backed up and I do not wish to reformat my computer.

Linoone

<the ONLY linoone av
try using safe mode to back up your files, and searching the web for some solutions, this happened to me once, I backed up, but unfortunately had to reformat anyway, cause files were deleting themselves

Eileen

Queen of Orudoran
Safe mode is not an option. It won't boot at all... period. I get this message after the BIOS screen shows up. I'm doing a chkdsk right now since I found my XP cd.

Computer fixed... The computer was not shut down properly causing the file to not be readable.

Last edited:

Demy

that also happened to me as well ? i don't know how i might of done the same thing as Alyssa Picariello i will never know but i have fixed the problem and the compture is up and running.

ok, when i tryied to go to a Japanese website it come up with a message saying thast i need to install CD2 of Window XP Home Edtion. I don't have CD 2. what should i do LATIOS HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Demy

Demy

Oh, ok thanks, Latios
answering Broken Wings sorry i didn't start my own thread but i thought that this might be a good spot to keep to the same subject with out two of the same thing been asked on two spead threads.

Demy

Demy