• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

cant beat the E4...(again)

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
how hard is it....? i mean i havent beat them since gold

anyway i always end up with level 32 or below pokemon after beating gym 8,imposible i know, and these are way usless agenst the e4 even my level 52 magneton(sp?) cant help agenst jynx, any tips?

Krateein

I'm in the same boat as you, my highest level is 56 and then next after that is 50 (the legendary birds), I eally need some tips on where to train my 'mon.

For my team i want
Blastoise
Zapdos
Moltres
Articuno
[Fighting Pokemon]
[Ground Pokemon]

DarkPersian479

Use the Vs. Seeker on the trainers on One Island and Mt. Ember. I think they're the highest leveled trainers that you can re-battle at that point (pity you can't use Vs. Seeker inside the Victory Road)

I make sure I'm at Lv. 59 before I challenge them. A couple of levels within that should be fine as I usually have few troubles with them at 59.

It depends on your team too, Level isn't always the case

I beat the E4 in LG with a team of Blastiose, Snorlax, Gengar, Magneton, Dugtrio, and Fearow all around Lv.42-45, Blastiose was a little higher then that. Snorlax with Thick Fat is great against the first battle

kh2_lover

Loving Longnecks
Your highest level should be 60, otherwise ur gonna go down once u reach agatha or bruno. My team that i finished it with are ( some of them are from trades):
Jolteon
Flareon
Dewgong
Dragonite
Venusaur
Pinsir

Theyr'e all level sixty except jolteon which i got in a trade, is lv 70

CrystalSaurTower

My team isn't all lv.60's, yet I've managed to get past Bruno/Lorelei pretty easily, without potions though. It always stops at Agatha though. But if I did bring pounds of max potions/revives, I'd sweep them with little trouble. A simple, but perhaps lazy and unsatisfying way to beat em. So yeah, training them up to somewhere in the late 50's, early 60's should be suffice.

dark_murasame

OG Trainer
Heh the elite 4 is nuffin to me. Im gonna beat em with only three pokemon. I started my firered over to get a stronger charizard. When I fight I will have a lv 70 to 75 charizard a lv 60 to 65 gyrados and a lv 60 to 65 gengar once I exolve my haunter.

My firered team is

Charizard

Gengar

Gyrados

Salamence

Dragonite

Tyranitar.

Heh once they all at lv 100 ima b a beast

Zynthrie

Old Schooler
The levels don't matter much. What you need is a strong electric type and a good amount of revives and hyper potions.

Also, some good moves to have are:

-Bite
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam
-Shock Wave/Thunderbolt
-Rest

With all these I was able to beat the E4 on my first shot with level 51-52 level pokemon.

One last thing, the two who will give you the most trouble are Agatha and Lorelie, try adding more things to your team to counter them (keeping in mind you need a diverse team to take down your rival easily).

Raif

Bored
Here's how I trained for the Elite Four:

First, go to the spa on the Sevii Islands. Come out. There should be two running guys, a team of fighters, and a girl in the top. Beat them, then afterwards go into the spa and heal up. When you come out, your VS. Seeker should be ready to use. Just keep beating all of them over and over.

The easy way, though, is just to capture the three legendary birds. They should all be able to make most of the E4 easy, except probably for Bruno. Articuno could probably take down most of Lance's party itself.

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
dont rush,when you rush the game your levels would mostly be low.

Krateein

Silly question but i've got to the E4 wihtout picking up the Vs Seeker, where do I get it?

Also i got to lance yesterday wihtout any training, seems my team is better than i thought, but i needed a few pots and revives.

Zynthrie

Old Schooler
Silly question but i've got to the E4 wihtout picking up the Vs Seeker, where do I get it?

Also i got to lance yesterday wihtout any training, seems my team is better than i thought, but i needed a few pots and revives.

I believe you get it in the Pokecenter near Mt. Moon. There's a girl beside the counter thing who'll give you one.

I could be wrong with the location, I'm pretty sure I'm right though (sorry if it isn't).

ground tamer

Hahahahahaha
I believe you get it in the Pokecenter near Mt. Moon. There's a girl beside the counter thing who'll give you one.

I could be wrong with the location, I'm pretty sure I'm right though (sorry if it isn't).

Wrong location...but everything else is correct...

In the pokemon center in vermelion the girl infront of the counter will give you one.

The levels of the pokemon really don't matter if you have a well rounded team that covers each weakness well. Train them to around lv.55 and see what you can do