• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can't Beat The Heat! (272)

RamOne

Grass Freak
A rocking ep. This battle was the best battle I ever seen of Ash.

A pretty good battle, but Gary should have won..

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Believe it or not, this is the first time i've seen the Johto league episodes, because they were showing them all week on Cartoon Network. And I gotta say they were good.

The battle between Ash and Gary really surprised me. I always thought Ash battled Gary with his weak team, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Phanpy and Bulbasaur. But he had his evolved formed and heavy-hitter Pokemon on his team and didn't even have Pikachu. It was great that all his Pokemon made special appearances.

A 10/10 for me seeing as how this is the first time I've seen it.

DxEggman

Genius
Why does everyone like this ep so much?
Okay it was a good match but I can't stand the stupiud ex machinas Ash gets. How weak are Gary's Pokemon? one seismic toss and blastiose is down. DRAGON RAGE 1HKO'S GOLEM???!!
don't tell me its not the game its the anime either; if flamethrower is a fire move, DR should be a move that does a lotta damage to low level pokes and minimal damage to high level pokemon.....
I hate Ash so much because he's an idiot that happens to steamroll trainers that have more skill and experience than him by doing stupid things like melting rocks and using thunder armor.......Ash fanboys...
i'm kidding tho; while i dont like ash at all, anyone who does i have no prob with...

HoennMaster

After watching this battle again on the DVDs, it is not as great as I originally thought. It was still good, but it seemed way to one sided at too many points.

pokemon fan 132

An excellent episode.Definitely one of the best ones in Johto.I still remember watching this episode for the first time,and why i kinda feel that Gary deserved to win i still think that this battle between Charizard and Blastoise was legendary and one of the best ones in entire series.I also liked the music which they added for that match,it just bring even more intense to it.

I only have one objection and that is that some of other battles between them in that match were too short like the one with Golem against Charizard for example,but other than that everything was great.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Ahh, part 2 of my Johto Pallet<3 episodes ^_^

The battle, honestly, wasn't as great as I'd hoped. I was really, really surprised that Pikachu didn't battle at all. And Gary didn't use Umbreon, either... coincidence? Perhaps.

But, seeing Charizard defeat Blastoise with its signature move was totally worth it ^_^ Pff, the look on Ash's face when he was declared the winner... priceless!

What really made this episode great for me... was Ash and Gary finally mending the fences ^-^ I remember virtually nothing about the verbal exchange, but even without words, it was still an amazing moment <3

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought that this was a great battle. Gary's Blastoise was really strong. It defeated Heracross and Bayleef in almost no time at all. It also was on the verge of defeating Muk, but Ash quickly recalled it. I was really happy with the team Ash chose for this battle. He chose his strongest pokemon instead of using Totodile, Cyndaquil, etc. However, I feel like Bulbasaur should have been used as it is more powerful then Bayleef in my opinion. I felt like they rushed some of the battles though just to get to Charizard vs. Blastoise. More specificly I'm talking about Charizard vs. Golem, and Snorlax vs. Arcanine. Though the Blastoise vs. Charizard battle was amazing. Charizard clearly had the disadvantage, but Ash's creative thinking helped him win. I thought melting the field was a great move. I am also glad that Gary and Ash resolved their differences, and Gary congratulated Ash. I now only hope he can defeat Harrison.

Awsome Battle! Ash finally win between gary! :D
Charizard and Blastoise are cool!
Anyway I thaugh Harisson lived in Littleroot Town from Houenn not silver town in johto. :p

firestar319

The Marauder
An epic battle between Ash and Gary. My favorite thing about this episode was the showdown between Charizard and Blastoise. Awesomeness!

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think this is the best episode in the Johto league.
Ash beats Gary was amazing, Charizard was so powerfull!