• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can't connect 3DS to Wifi

GreatGonzales

The Master
I'm currently trying to connect my 3DS to Nintendo Wifi. I'm able to use internet on my 3DS, but when I'm in "Nintendo wifi connection settings" and I search for an access point, I get a message that the type of security my connection uses isn't compatible with the DS. I have optimum wifi, if that means anything and the security type is WPA2-PSK(AES). Is there any way to get myself connected, or am I screwed?

Thanks in advance.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I'm currently trying to connect my 3DS to Nintendo Wifi. I'm able to use internet on my 3DS, but when I'm in "Nintendo wifi connection settings" and I search for an access point, I get a message that the type of security my connection uses isn't compatible with the DS. I have optimum wifi, if that means anything and the security type is WPA2-PSK(AES). Is there any way to get myself connected, or am I screwed?

Thanks in advance.
Are you using options under the Blue button "Connection Settings" or the ones under the "Nintendo DS Connections" . If it's the first, it's just a reminder that most of the Original DS games to play online will not be able to so. The other option can only connect to certain Wifi networks, which are set to WEP or Open.

GreatGonzales

The Master
I'm using "Nintendo DS Connections"

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I'm using "Nintendo DS Connections"

That option won't work with your connection.

Use the option under the Blue button "Connection Settings." Any 3DS game that uses the internet will be able to connect. Also a select few DS games, which include Pokémon Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 will be able to connect online Via this option.