• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can't get into chat? Read here.

Fox

Where's my fanfare?
There could be one of many reasons why you can't get into chat. The following are just a few of the most common:
  • You were banned from chat for one of many various reasons and the ban hasn't been lifted yet.
  • The server is down.
  • There is some sort of problem getting you connected to the server.
  • The Java Applet isn't working.

If you are having trouble in either mIRC or the Java Applet, you may want to try connecting to the server via the IP by using this command: /server 66.90.116.58

We are currently on the PurpleSurge network, and usually you'll be able to connect via: irc.purplesurge.com

Note: If you are trying to connect, and neither the normal address or IP are working, then it is likely that the server is just down or experiencing problems. This is probably the case, especially if you do multiple connect attempts, and you get something like "Connection refused".

Feel free to add to this if I missed anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 11515

Well, this info is pretty much useless, considering we moved to a different server.

irc.dejatoons.net or atarians.dejatoons.net

or some other thing that's been updated. D:

And yeah, that's pretty much all the reasons why you can't get into the chat. :<

Last edited by a moderator:

Raize

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Not here, dude. ._.

Go to the fan art section and request for one in a shop that makes them...

Er, to be KINDA on topic, are we staying in dejatoons or are we moving back to PhoenixIRC?

Raize

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Ah, awesome. I'd much rather stay in dejatoons than in Phoenix. :D

Blissey_Beam

Oh my goodness~!
Ok, I can't get into the chat at all. mIRC or Java App. It just says Software Caused connection abort everytime.

Pokefreak

Zephyr Trainer
To me it says :
Unable to resolve server

And when I type /join:
insufficient parameters

I

IRON BLOOD

neither can i, for some reason i cant even enter the site.

If you can't get onto dejatoons, try another server.

thunderer.dejatoons.net
atarians.dejatoons.net
irc.dejatoons.net

There might be more, I can't really think straight. But yeah, if you can't get through, just type another one in your server window, and try that.

-Josh

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Could someone tell me how to connect and to the right place?

...Tell me, did you just skip down the whole thread without reading it and just post?

Because it sure sounds like it.

...Yeah, read the thread, please.

Bryloom

Trains and such
this sucks..i tried all the servers... i just can't stay on and it's frustrating..apparantly i die with actions and PMs... maybe its my internet connection.. I'm using a wireless network.. but it was working perfectly fine before... any suggestions on what i should do???

Shaorune

Aquarius Sphere
Hi...I'd like to aplogise for what I did earlier.

It was just me being incredibly silly...Anyway, I can assure you I won't do this again.
When will my ban from the Chat be lifted?

Jonah

herd u liek mudkips?
I accidentally pressed "No" when my computer asked me if I trusted Philip Detorney. Now I can't access the chat. How do I access it?

Whenever I go into chat it says "Connecting..." then it says "Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.dejatoons.net resolve)"

Last edited:

Jerre

Gogoat!
@Jonah: You must install the Javafile by pressing "Yes" when the window appears of "Phillip Detorney". Then you should go in to the chat.

Too bad that there isn't a HTML Chat. It's only a Java Chat.

Last edited: