• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can't get into chat? Read here.

Everytime I try to join the chat this message pops up: [00:44] Connecting...
[00:44] Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.dejatoons.net resolve)
That If I try to connect via the web page, when trying to do so via mIRC I get this other message:
Connecting to serebii.razorville.co.uk (6666)

Local host: benjamin-febfd1 (5.137.239.142)

* Unable to resolve server

Any particular reason why?

Last edited:

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
Everytime I try to join the chat this message pops up: [00:44] Connecting...
[00:44] Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.dejatoons.net resolve)
That If I try to connect via the web page, when trying to do so via mIRC I get this other message:
Connecting to serebii.razorville.co.uk (6666)

Local host: benjamin-febfd1 (5.137.239.142)

* Unable to resolve server

Any particular reason why?

Can't help you with java, but for mIRC, judging by the server you posted, the razorville one, I'm going to assume you downloaded it off of Serebii's site.

It's set so the default server you connect to is razorville, which if I recall is no longer active. The chat itself is located on irc.dejatoons.net

You can change the default server by following these steps;

1. Open mIRC
2. Go to file in the top left hand corner
3. Click on Select Server on the drop down menu
4. Click add
5. In description, type dejatoons, and in the IRC server box, type irc.dejatoons.net
6. Click add
7. Click OK
8. Then click on file again and choose connect.

Once you've connected to the server, type /j #spp and you should enter the chat.

Thx mate. Upgrading java now to see if it works.

Bizziler

Uh, I got banned from the chatroom. I tried to join the WiFi channel, and I think I must have typed the code wrong, because next thing I know I'm blocked from the channel for apparently 'advertising another channel'.

Edit: Oh, I'm unbanned now. Yay. Can anyone tell me the code you type to join the WiFi room, so I don't ban myself again?

Last edited:

Keitaro-kun

Vegapunk mod~
Uh, I got banned from the chatroom. I tried to join the WiFi channel, and I think I must have typed the code wrong, because next thing I know I'm blocked from the channel for apparently 'advertising another channel'.

Edit: Oh, I'm unbanned now. Yay. Can anyone tell me the code you type to join the WiFi room, so I don't ban myself again?

Java dosen't allow the /join command so I'd just go ahead and PM yourself~

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!
This is really odd. It's an error I've never gotten before. :p I tried logging onto the java chat tonight, and this is what it gave me:

[22:29] Connecting...
[22:29] Logging in...
[22:29] -thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
[22:29] -thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** Checking ident...
[22:29] -thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** Couldn't resolve your hostname; using your IP address instead
[22:29] -thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** No ident response; username prefixed with ~
[22:29] -thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** If you are having problems connecting due to ping timeouts, please type /quote pong D38747C0 or /raw pong D38747C0 now.
[22:29] Welcome to the DejaToons IRC Network SPPGuest2749!~SPPGuest2@12.206.73.207
[22:29] *** Your nick is now SPPGuest2749
[22:29] Your host is thundarr.dejatoons.net, running version Unreal3.2.5
[22:29] This server was created Sat Oct 28 2006 at 03:41:36 UTC
[22:29] thundarr.dejatoons.net Unreal3.2.5 iowghraAsORTVSxNCWqBzvdHtGp lvhopsmntikrRcaqOALQbSeIKVfMCuzNTGj
[22:29] NAMESX SAFELIST HCN MAXCHANNELS=30 CHANLIMIT=#:30 MAXLIST=b:60,e:60,I:60 NICKLEN=30 CHANNELLEN=32 TOPICLEN=307 KICKLEN=307 AWAYLEN=307 MAXTARGETS=20 WALLCHOPS are supported by this server
[22:29] WATCH=128 SILENCE=15 MODES=12 CHANTYPES=# PREFIX=(ohv)@%+ CHANMODES=beIqa,kfL,lj,psmntirRcOAQKVCuzNSMTG NETWORK=DejaToons CASEMAPPING=ascii EXTBAN=~,cqnr ELIST=MNUCT STATUSMSG=@%+ EXCEPTS INVEX are supported by this server
[22:29] CMDS=KNOCK,MAP,DCCALLOW,USERIP are supported by this server
[22:29] There are 53 users and 1291 invisible on 9 servers
[22:29] 25 operator(s) online
[22:29] 375 channels formed
[22:29] I have 260 clients and 1 servers
[22:29] Current Local Users: 260 Max: 515
[22:29] Current Global Users: 1344 Max: 2417
[22:29] MOTD File is missing
[22:29] *** Mode changed to iw
[22:29] [SecureServ VERSION]
[22:29] #SPP Cannot join channel (+i)

What does mode +i mean, anyway?

BlazeShadow

I cannot connect. ._.

[14:04] Connecting...
[14:04] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused: connect

It ALWAYS says that, I have never got into the chat ever beacuse of that. ._.

Is there any way to fix it?

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!
I cannot connect. ._.

It ALWAYS says that, I have never got into the chat ever beacuse of that. ._.

Is there any way to fix it?
My guess would be that your firewall is blocking it. Not sure how to get around that, unless you have admin privileges on your network. :p

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Is anyone else having MIRC connection issues? For some reason I can't get onto the dejatoons server to get to #spp or #spp-wifi. I have mIRC and and I can't seem to connect period. I am using the correct server. So, is anyone else having this problem?

LX

Xaralampos

otinanai
1. Open mIRC
2. Go to file in the top left hand corner
3. Click on Select Server on the drop down menu
4. Click add
5. In description, type dejatoons, and in the IRC server box, type irc.dejatoons.net
6. Click add
7. Click OK
8. Then click on file again and choose connect.

Once you've connected to the server, type /j #spp and you should enter the chat.

hmm, that's what you have to do Ledian_X

Tyranidos

Am I supposed to buy mIRC? Because when I download it, it is apparently a WinRAR file and I have to register it online. When I get to the site, however, it says I have to buy it. Can anyone help me?