• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can't get into chat? Read here.

Dualslasher

Electrocuted Flames
tech stuff

Is anyone else having MIRC connection issues? For some reason I can't get onto the dejatoons server to get to #spp or #spp-wifi. I have mIRC and and I can't seem to connect period. I am using the correct server. So, is anyone else having this problem?

LX

Yeah I have the exact same problem. I get so confused with this high techie stuff.

Dualslasher

Electrocuted Flames
WOOHOO after months of no chat, I have can chat ty so much all of u ppls! :]

The java chats should still work for you, but if they don't, try downloading Colloquy. I've never used it before, but you need to connect to irc.purplesurge.com and join #SPP and/or #SPP-wifi

Mareena

[ 18:35:15 ] * Connecting to irc.purplesurge.com (6667)
[ 18:35:16 ] -alias.purplesurge.com- *** Looking up your hostname...
[ 18:35:16 ] -alias.purplesurge.com- *** Found your hostname (cached)
[ 18:35:16 ] -alias.purplesurge.com- *** You are banned from PurpleSurge (ircnet.eversible.com-#9x9pub)
[ 18:35:16 ] Closing Link: Mareena[adsl-98-64-150-208.mia.bellsouth.net] (User has been banned from PurpleSurge (ircnet.eversible.com-#9x9pub))

wut.

I check #spp logs and mostly everyone has been banned. o_O

Renelia

We've been hit by a rogue IRC op that took over PurpleSurge and banned everyone from #spp and #spp-wifi. I'm not sure if he's still on, but he took out the main senior IRC ops out and took over the server for his own.

iamBGS

Ugh, I figured it was something like that. It's been nothing but attacks lately, and it's really getting tiresome. :|

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
you need to install java from here

Seacolt

Gosh, hope the chat is running up again. It drives me nuts, when I can't get in to chat and to see what others are saying...

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
its kk now java been messing up alot because it says i need a verify dll well im missing it and cant uninstall it to s kind f sucks relly but useing this other thing to go on chat

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
Yeah sometimes Java is blocked by either your router or the server (school, home, business) you're connecting from.

There is also a website called www.mibbit.com that bypasses a lot of Java exceptions and allows people to enter the chat.

Dualslasher

Electrocuted Flames
I still have chat, but whenever i get onto the first screen it says something like i need to register. I can still access chat, but i want to know if I don't register, will i be unable to access chat? Plz help

Vikinqz

When I try to join a chat it doesn't even load the box it's a black box with the x at the top corner, it's happened for every computer I've tried it on, I have java and everything? I'm not a real computer tech so I can't really figure this stuff out :) So if anyone could message me or email me at xvikinqz@gmail.com, That'd be much appreciated.

-Vikinqz

No. 1 Machop Fan

Your best bet would be to get a client called mIRC. Once you do, connect to irc.purplesurge.com and type "/j SPP".