• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can't get to Rayquaza...

LegendaryRotom

I'm having a tough time defeating the sky tower.Any advice is appreciated.
I started as a Cubone,now on level 31.My partner is a Chikorita also on level 31.The next strongest pokemon I have are a level 27 Zangoose and the Absol.
I'v tried loading up on Oran berries,Reviver seeds,and bands,but I still can't get past about floor 20.The ghost types are killing me along with the Aerodactyles.Once again,any help would be great. Thanks!

Trainer Emily

Fairies do exist!!!
My advice is to level up all your Pokemon to at least level 40 plus. You can do that quickly by getting joy seeds via wonder mail.
What I did was I've levelled up the leader and partner to level 50.

Herr Rotom

Disgruntled Rotom
I usually beat it around level 36. Just grind your starter and partner to there.

CrYsTaL-Suicune

Trust..Bond of heart
Hmm... It will really be difficult for you since Sky Tower's filled with Flying Pokemon which Cubone as Ground type won't be able to do much against and which Chikorita is weak against. If you really want to reach the top, you really have to level up your pokemon HIGH like in the 40s or 50s if you can. It will be good if you can befriend one of the Pokemon in the dungeon that way you can get help but of course, that's another Pokemon for you to keep alive.

Don't bring too many Pokemon with you in Sky Tower because the flying and ghost pokemon can attack from behind or from the walls so Pokemon at the end of the line won't be able to defend themselves properly. I think you and your partner plus one extra Pokemon will be fine.

Oran Berries and Reviver Seeds are a must. Also in Sky Tower, try to find the stairs quickly, especially if there is a weather effect in the floor you're on.

Papa. L

Scratcher!!!
I had a much easier time with Mudkip's Ice Beam but with Cubone and Chikorita.... Hmmmmm... Try raising more levels,around level 35 should do it. Don't let Cubone learn all 4 slots with Ground type moves too. Keep a strong non Ground type move like Headbutt. Don't bring or recruit anyone else other then you and your partner to Sky Pillar. The Rviver seeds need to be saved. Try to stock up on Reviver Seeds, Silver Spikes, Apples, Max Elixirs and Oran Berries. Silver Spikes can do alot of damage without wasting PP. Try 3 Oran Berries, 3 Huge Apples, 3 Max Elixirs, 99 Silver Spikes, 3 Link Boxes, and 7 reviver Seeds. That's what I did.

First, raise more levels. Then, see if you can get hold of a Warp Scarf or two. It may sound silly, but if you give one to yourself and one to your partner, you will both warp around randomly. Not only will this reduce the number of battles you'll have to do (you can flee from any wild pokemon untill you warp) but when you happen to warp to the room with the stairs, you can take off the Warp Scarf and go to the next level. Make sure your partner is using a tactic that won't make them attack wild pokemon unless necersarry.

Trust me, the Warp Scarf strategy has got me through so many dungeons.

Christopher

Well, you could recruit a Pokemon that can learn Ice Beam. (any water/ice type, or Duskull) I recruited Duskull and taught it ice beam and it was a great help.

Also, bring Silver Spikes, Max Elixers and Apples, and as many Reviver Seeds as you can get. Try training in Mt. Freeze or Magma Cavern and get to Level 35+. Also try to teach them good moves, instead of just Grass and Ground try Poison or Rock

PurpleMew

no promises
You want to level up first i didn't beat him til i got to about lv40 and you want a pokemon with ice moves or make cubone learn some strong rock moves

Christopher

Wondermail Codes for Joy Seeds help. Search on www.google.com for them

You could use a Mobile Scarf, which lets you walk through walls-Dusclops and Aerodactyl cannot walk through walls. Get a Mobile Scarf with the Wonder Mail code.

Christopher

Oh, an Idea!!! Link Moves. Thats how I beat Groudon and Rayquaza with ;004; and ;025;

mew..

What do you want?
eh,.....i used link moves on cyndaquil..he killed everyone cept raquaza for me
i mainly killed the bosses, my tip use link moves, or just level up

Christopher

Sleep Seeds and Stun Seeds work. As well as orbs.
But bring loads of Revivers and LV up.

Last edited:

mew..

What do you want?
^ yeh reviver seeds are a must have.
also lvl p ur team to around 40, that way u can 2 hit ko everyone(cept raquaza...)

bookist

i had a lvl 38 ish bulbasuar and totodile when i did it (and brought magnemite). I recommen apples (or tight belt) max elixers, a good iq so you can walk on clouds and the quick dodger could help. Oh the non traitor iq skill is handy here. I think chikorita learns sythesis so let it learn it thats what i did with bulbasaur and it payed off. However, if you bring more than youre partner level them with you

tailmister

On my first visits to Sky Tower, my biggest problems was ghosts attacking in places you can't reach. I like to bring along a lot of gravelrocks (50-99 though I don't use them all) so I can fight back.

For me at least, anywhere in the 30 level range is appropriate.

LegendaryRotom

Thanks ro everyone's advice I have beaten Rayquaza!I leveled up to level 54.While my partner was level 47.I trained a level 40 Stantler with Hypnosis,so it worked really well along with plenty of Reviver seeds and Max Elixers.Thanks again! ^_^

Christopher

!!! LV 54!? Bit Much, but At least you beat him. Well Done:)