• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can't recruit Moltres?

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
For some reason, I can't recruit Zapdos. I have already recruited Zapdos, gotten the Friend Bow, and before I fight him I throw some red Gummies at him, but no matter how many times I try, I can't recruit him.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
I guess the number generator or whatever that decides recruitment just isn't in your favor, since assuming your hero is the one landing the final blow, you are doing everything you can. Just keep trying.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I forgot to mention I'm using Zapdos and landing the final hit

Throwing Gumms at it won't work, not with any Pokémon.

Here comes the Major part, so read closely.

Zapdos is a size 4 Pokémon, and so is Moltres.

You can only have a total size of 6, so you'll have to use something not Zapdos.

Any of the starters will do though, as none of them exceed a size of 2, although if you do take along another Poké, it has to be size 1, and so do you, so that it doesn't go over the 6 size limit.

Note: It's the same with all other Legends, except Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi, who have a size of 1.

AshMayMistyHikarifan

Best advice: When you get to the last floor to encounter the Pokemon, SEND all your Pokemon home and just fight him with the starter Pokemon and have the Pokemon you have fighting hold the Friend Bow. Have a lot of reviver seeds on standby, and I would toss a 'stun seed, X-eye seed, sleep seed, totter seed, or even a blinker seed'. Immoblizing and then attacking helps.

Mew The Gato

Well, your Pokemon's size has to be 2 or smaller, since Moltres is a size 4 Pokemon and the maximum size for a team is 6.

Also, if you enter the dungeon and go to Moltres' room with a full team, then send a few of them back, Moltres still would not join. Instead, you have to make sure the team size is 2 or smaller BEFORE entering Moltres' floor!

Well, your Pokemon's size has to be 2 or smaller, since Moltres is a size 4 Pokemon and the maximum size for a team is 6.

Also, if you enter the dungeon and go to Moltres' room with a full team, then send a few of them back, Moltres still would not join. Instead, you have to make sure the team size is 2 or smaller BEFORE entering Moltres' floor!
Uh, what mystery dungeon game are you talking about? Surely not Red, Blue, Darkness, Time, or Sky? Because you don't need to send any members back in Sky, Darkness, and Time to recruit more Pokemon, even if your team is completely full in terms of size and members. Supermew, what Mystery Dungeon game are you talking about?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Uh, what mystery dungeon game are you talking about? Surely not Red, Blue, Darkness, Time, or Sky? Because you don't need to send any members back in Sky, Darkness, and Time to recruit more Pokemon, even if your team is completely full in terms of size and members. Supermew, what Mystery Dungeon game are you talking about?

Red and Blue.

You'll have to send members back, because every Pokémon is at least a size of 1, and Moltres is a size of 4.
And you can only have a maximum size of 6, meaning that you would have to send Pokémon back until you have a size of 2 to be able to have a chance to recruit Moltres.

Red and Blue.

You'll have to send members back, because every Pokémon is at least a size of 1, and Moltres is a size of 4.
And you can only have a maximum size of 6, meaning that you would have to send Pokémon back until you have a size of 2 to be able to have a chance to recruit Moltres.

Yah, it's just that I'm pretty sure you don't have to send members back before you reach it.