• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can't Stop the Tigres

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
durmt.png

534.gif

Introduction~

Hey, its dragonuser here. This is a team I recently created, and just thought that I would post it here. The title for this team is dedicated to my SPL team the Circus Maximus Tigers. So the idea for this team originally started around a month ago. I was talking to my old tutor and friend Lamppost and eventually we started to talk about our SPL battles during the week. While he was talking about his, he mentioned how Conkeldurr was the key factor in getting his win over Blue Star. I then thought how I used to love using Conkeldurr, but had recently completly stopped using him. So i decided to build a team around him, but then i got lazy and the Conkeldurr project was put on the backburner. Recently I was talking to user zerofield, and he mentioned how he loved using Conkeldurr and that he was an often overlooked threat. So once again the Conkeldurr project was started. I primarily built this team to beat user Hantsuki this week for SPL. I was bored of all of my current teams, and wanted to make a new team to finish the season. Earlier today the team won 5-0 against Hantsuki, pleased with the teams results I am deciding to post an RMT on it.

This team was originally based around a Conkeldurr + Alakazam+ nasty plot Celebi offensive core, but i recently changed Alakazam to a mixed Jirachi to lure in and KO Skarymory, Dragonite, and Gliscor.

Team at a Glance~

534.gif
385.gif
485.gif
149.gif
472.gif
251.gif

Inside Look~

conk.png

Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

A true dark horse and a really underrated pokemon. Many teams are weak to him, and don't even notice it. The EV spread here allows Conkeldurr to hit as hard as he can from the start, while retaining special bulk. This ev spread gives conkeldurr enough bulk to take a sun boosted fire blast from heatran, while at full health, and drain punch back. Payback is used over stone edge to let Conkeldurr hit and KO gengar alot easier, as sub disable gengar can be a major threat to this team.

drago.png

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

This pokemon was one of the last members added to this team, although that doesnt make him any less important. Choice Banded Dragonite hits harder than a truck, and is a very valuable wall breaker. Often times early game I just click outrage, and watch as my opponents walls cripple as they were expecting me to dragon dance. Stuff like Donphan and Gliscor are 2HKO'd by outrage, and they often switch in meaning one less physical wall for Conkeldurr to deal with. Although I usually just click Outrage, Dragonite's other moves are also very valuable. Fire Punch allows me to KO both Ferrothorn and Forretress, as well as heavily denting skarmory. Earthquake is almost exclusively for Heatran. Heatran is always a pain to deal with, so getting a free KO on him is always nice. The final move(probably most useful) is Extremespeed. Late game, it is extremely easy to pull of a Choice Banded Extremespeed sweep. This is also a nice way to deal with fast but fail threats like Weavile or Infernape. Also the random 4 EV's in defeence are because I remember hearing that not putting those EV's into HP let me switch into Stealth Rocks one more time.

Heatran_Pok%C3%A9mon_Ranger_3.png

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 212 SDef / 40 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Roar

Such a beautiful pokemon. This guy is my main defense against sun teams, and powerful special attackers like Calm Mind Latias. The EV spread here was reccomended by user Makaveli, as the 40 speed EVs let him outspeed Bulk Up Breloom, and the rest is poured into increasing Heatrans special bulk. Stealth Rock is the most important move on this set, as it limits the times pokemon like Dragonite and Salamence can switch in. Lava plume is nice, and burning terrakions on the switch is always fun. Roar is really useful in beating Calm Mind Latias.

tumblr_lkru8nTvhu1qaydmv.png

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Toxic

My god, what a monster. I know that this team was built around Conkeldurr, but this guy is the real star of the show. He can straight up toxic stall 90% of the metagame, its unreal. The EV's here are fairly simple. I placed 80 EVs in speed, so Gliscor can outspeed all common forms of rotom(as they usually aim for 244 or 245 speed). Thus letting me toxic stall/hydro pump stall them to death. The rest of Gliscor's EVs are spent in defense and HP, as to mazimise his bulk. A faster spread could be used, although that would make Swords Dance Terrakion and Offensive Swords Dance Scizor much more difficult to deal with.

With Toxic Heal + Protect + Toxic + Substitute Gliscor = untouchable. I dont think I can emphasize this enough. Gliscor's moves are vital on this set, as earthquake allows me to hurt pokemon like Scizor who are immune to Toxic. I have contemplated using Aerial Ace > Earthquake to handle Bulk Up Breloom better.

rachi-1.png

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 128 Atk / 148 SAtk / 232 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Thunderbolt
- Iron Head
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jirachi is one of the best lures out there. I am using the spread that Shakeitup used on his jirachi, but with a slight alteration. I bumped Jirachi's speed up to 232 EVS, as that way he always outspeeds an adamant Sand Veil Gliscor and adamant Haxorus. This greatly helps my teams weakness against both of them. If my opponent has a skarmory on their team, I usually start the game by spamming Iron Heads, and due to my lack of recovery they tend to think that I am a Scarf variant. Then as they set up spikes I can nail them with a Thunderbolt, leaving them weak enough for a +1 Conkeldurr to beat later. Hidden Power Ice is to get the surprise factor on dragons, and either ko them or leave them to be picked off by Dragonite's Extremespeed later. Psychic was later added to alleviate my weakeness to Toxicroak, and help against pokemon like conkeldurr.

celebi.png

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 HP / 112 SAtk / 176 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Earth Power

The Final member of this team, but far from the least important. This Celebi is my primary answer to non Acrobatics Gliscors. It is easy to set up a Nasty Plot and Giga Drain my way through the Gliscors. Earth power is primarily for KO'ing Heatrans, as Celebi just draws them in. By using Celebi to lure Heatran, Jirachi can function to its full potential. The EV spread allows Celebi to outspeed and KO Adamant Lucario, who would otherwise be a major threat to this team. The main role of Celebi on this team is, bar defeating gliscor, is tanking powerful Water STABs. Celebi is vital to my defense against rain teams.

Closing Words~
I am extremely happy with the way this team turned out. Its a fun team to use and, in my opinion, handles the current metagame fairly well. Shoutouts goto Makaveli for being there to battle the team while in it's early stages. Oh he also found all the great pictures for this RMT x). I also want to thank Gamefreak and AB2 for looking over the team and offering their critiques. Also to master2738 for formatting some of the pictures.

Puretrainer (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Master (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

WhiteStone (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 212 SDef / 40 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Roar

Makaveli (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Zerofield (Jirachi) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 128 Atk / 148 SAtk / 232 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Thunderbolt
- Iron Head
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

TGT (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 HP / 112 SAtk / 176 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Earth Power

Last edited:

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
Haxorus:

Choice Scarf / Choice Band - fairly troublesome, I really just need to force him into outrage and then switch to one of my steels.

Gengar:

Substitute + Disable / Pain Split - When well played, can be extremely annoying

Tornadus:

Rain Abuser -switching in can be hard, otherwise im just forcing him out enough times for dnite to ko wit espeed​

Last edited:

DeviantMaster

Deviant_Fallacy
oh man what an awesome team XD props to not using weather of course. not having a rapid spinner could be trouble but this is still such an awesome team lol

though sweeper gliscor with acrobatics, eq, sd, and ice fang could be a bit of a problem. i only mention it cause i got owned by one earlier .-.

Last edited:

Makaveli

Gone for Good.
May I just say that this is a sexy team, and Du is sexy, but not more so than me. I've laddered with this team extensively and can say it is a good way to handle weather apart from rain, which can be problematic, but that was with the old variation. The inclusion of Jirachi has helped with the hurricane spam. I will think of something fo sure, full rate to come later (straw)

KingTorterraXIV

Wait what?
omg, this team looks so gud, DU. I haven't played OU in a whikle, but I'll try ma best.

The only thing i can see right now that you just might have to look out for is Tornadus in the rain (derp rain). Now its not that bad if it's scarfed or specs (specs will still make a dent into even trannie or rachi), but a Life Orb varinent might be a little troublesome, but not that bad. Hurricane deals with Celebi, Conk, and Scor to a degree. The things that you need to keep around is just rachi, dnite, and trannie (jirachi buffs it away pretty easliy, dnite will die to a hurricane, if multiscale isn't in effect adn an E-Speed dosent kill it. Tran mostly walls it as well, but watch out for repeated Focus Blasts.)

Love the Jirachi set, it's so evil.

Overal, a very nice team DU.

DeviantMaster

Deviant_Fallacy
Also i loved how you named your pokemon after people XD

Love that im the dragonite <3333

zerofield

i miss miror
I love you forever for naming a jirachi after me.

Also you'ze 6-0'd by sub-BU Toxicroak! (but its rare and bad so no need to worry)

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
oh man what an awesome team XD props to not using weather of course. not having a rapid spinner could be trouble but this is still such an awesome team lol

though sweeper gliscor with acrobatics, eq, sd, and ice fang could be a bit of a problem. i only mention it cause i got owned by one earlier .-.

That guy is my number one threat, and is generally pretty hard to play against. I usually am forced to play around him, but no matter what I need to be careful around him.

May I just say that this is a sexy team, and Du is sexy, but not more so than me. I've laddered with this team extensively and can say it is a good way to handle weather apart from rain, which can be problematic, but that was with the old variation. The inclusion of Jirachi has helped with the hurricane spam. I will think of something fo sure, full rate to come later (straw)

thanks xD
Yea Tornadus used to be a very big problem for this team, now its not as big of a deal. Beating Tornadus is really just about playing around him. Dragonite's espeed does around 66% iirc, so once i wear him down to that point hes not that big of a threat. With LO this is easier to do, and with specs I just need to force him out with switches, and if i screw up I'm 99% sure that tran can survive a specs focus blast(if it even hits). I dont want to take the route of just putting a blissey on the team to just sponge hurricanes, so yeaaaa

omg, this team looks so gud, DU. I haven't played OU in a whikle, but I'll try ma best.

The only thing i can see right now that you just might have to look out for is Tornadus in the rain (derp rain). Now its not that bad if it's scarfed or specs (specs will still make a dent into even trannie or rachi), but a Life Orb varinent might be a little troublesome, but not that bad. Hurricane deals with Celebi, Conk, and Scor to a degree. The things that you need to keep around is just rachi, dnite, and trannie (jirachi buffs it away pretty easliy, dnite will die to a hurricane, if multiscale isn't in effect adn an E-Speed dosent kill it. Tran mostly walls it as well, but watch out for repeated Focus Blasts.)

Love the Jirachi set, it's so evil.

Overal, a very nice team DU.

like i said to maka, its all about playing correctly around him. I am against putting a specific torna counter on the team
I love you forever for naming a jirachi after me.

Also you'ze 6-0'd by sub-BU Toxicroak! (but its rare and bad so no need to worry)

BU croak isnt too big of a deal since i have dnite. If i switch in while it has few boosts, I can easily eq it while its drain punches and sucker punches barely touch me.

EmeraldGoblin

Rehab, no. Dead.
That guy is my number one threat, and is generally pretty hard to play against. I usually am forced to play around him, but no matter what I need to be careful around him.

thanks xD
Yea Tornadus used to be a very big problem for this team, now its not as big of a deal. Beating Tornadus is really just about playing around him. Dragonite's espeed does around 66% iirc, so once i wear him down to that point hes not that big of a threat. With LO this is easier to do, and with specs I just need to force him out with switches, and if i screw up I'm 99% sure that tran can survive a specs focus blast(if it even hits). I dont want to take the route of just putting a blissey on the team to just sponge hurricanes, so yeaaaa

like i said to maka, its all about playing correctly around him. I am against putting a specific torna counter on the team

BU croak isnt too big of a deal since i have dnite. If i switch in while it has few boosts, I can easily eq it while its drain punches and sucker punches barely touch me.

but can you handle SD croak? HMMM he can easily OHKO after one SD your dragonite, celebi, gliscor, and heatranny

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
Croak is just a dickhead in general. Just be better and win better!

In order to make toxicroak more of a non issue, I have bumped Jirachi's speed to 270(and croak's ALWAYS Cross Chop jirachi), so this way I can outspeed it and blast it with a Super Effective STAB'd psychic

You say you're weak to a well-played SubDisable Gengar? You could run DDnite over CBnite, as it forces many switches giving it ample time to set up. It also isn't restricted to one move, meaning it can handily counter SubDisable Gengar. A Shell Smash Cloyster also counters all three threats, but I do not see where that could fit on your team. Overall, an amazing team.

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
You say you're weak to a well-played SubDisable Gengar? You could run DDnite over CBnite, as it forces many switches giving it ample time to set up. It also isn't restricted to one move, meaning it can handily counter SubDisable Gengar. A Shell Smash Cloyster also counters all three threats, but I do not see where that could fit on your team. Overall, an amazing team.
thanks man, and cloyster would actually benefit this team alot lol.
My main quarrel with ddnite is that I lose alot of immeadiete power, and things like gliscor then become harder to deal with. but nevertheless, Ill test it out.

thanks!

This team sucks

<3

Meh, LO on celebi probably wouldn't be bad since you can recover off any damage caused by it.

(I told you I suck at rating teams.)

Activity Post.

thanks for the suggestion. My main reason for running leftovers is that often celebi needs to be taking multiple hydro pumps. Especially since i dont have a spinner, I need leftovers to sorta help offset the damage done by hazards so celebi can stay in good health and tank more water stabs(and the occaisonal ice beam). Since Starmies ice beams often do around 46%, with rocks out and no leftovers, that is a very real 2hko(not best example, i know). But I do see ur point, and ill test it.

thanks

Last edited:

Phoopes

There it is.
Team looks great.

Conkeldurr: I prefer Stone Edge, but Payback works too.
Dragonite: Great.
Heatran: Hmmm... normally I would say to use Toxic, but since you're doing that with Gliscor it's fine.
Gliscor: Fine.
Jirachi: You evil, evil, man.
Celebi: Looks good.

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
Team looks great.

Conkeldurr: I prefer Stone Edge, but Payback works too.
Dragonite: Great.
Heatran: Hmmm... normally I would say to use Toxic, but since you're doing that with Gliscor it's fine.
Gliscor: Fine.
Jirachi: You evil, evil, man.
Celebi: Looks good.

thanks for the comments !

Psycho Cut

Hey DU, Great Team you got here. Though you do realise you spelt Tigers wrong, right?

Anyway, on with the rate.

As mentioned eariler, you do have a bit of weakness to Tornadus, which is the only weakness I'd worry about. The obvious thing to do would be to make Jirachi Specially Defensive, but the set looks so complicated and specifically-orientated that I don't want to tweak it too much. So the change I propose is this: Move the Attack EVs to Special Defence, then replace Iron Head with Flash Cannon (or some other support/coverage move). Iron Head seems to fulfil no specific purpose: you're not weak to any special walls, and you're not going with a haxy set, so this change seems beneficial for the Specially Defensive capabilities it would bring. This also allows you to run a Modest or Careful Nature.

Other than that, I have nothing to add, good job once again! :)

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
Hey DU, Great Team you got here. Though you do realise you spelt Tigers wrong, right?

Anyway, on with the rate.

As mentioned eariler, you do have a bit of weakness to Tornadus, which is the only weakness I'd worry about. The obvious thing to do would be to make Jirachi Specially Defensive, but the set looks so complicated and specifically-orientated that I don't want to tweak it too much. So the change I propose is this: Move the Attack EVs to Special Defence, then replace Iron Head with Flash Cannon (or some other support/coverage move). Iron Head seems to fulfil no specific purpose: you're not weak to any special walls, and you're not going with a haxy set, so this change seems beneficial for the Specially Defensive capabilities it would bring. This also allows you to run a Modest or Careful Nature.

Other than that, I have nothing to add, good job once again! :)

lol we always spell it tigres, sorta like the spanish spelling. : )

This jirachi set works more as a wallbreaker/lure, and often iron head is needed to lure out pokemon like skarmory or gliscor who would be more wary if they saw flash cannon, thinking im some form of cm or specs or sometin. But I will definetly test out those changes anyways, thanks :)

EDIT: Once again I have changed Jirachi's EV spread, but this time simplified it. Jirachi now has enough speed to beat adamant Sand Veil Gliscor(and all things slower like SD Toxicroak)

Last edited:

M4zz

Banned
To start this off, Ever Grande BIGS > Circus Maximus Tigres. Just saying.

Band Terrakion looks like it cound do some hella hurting to this team, especially with Conkeldurr out of the picture. If Rocks are up and Stone Edge actually hits for once, Gliscor's gone. Mixed MoxieMence looks like it could tear the team up a bit, but you don't see them very often.

Looks solid, and sorry for the halfassed rate. I just know you're one of those players that doesn't get very many counters because you can work and predict around things so easily, making the identification of counter nigh on impossible. Proud of you DU. You've gotten a lot better since the days of TotW.