• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can't uninstall previous Trend Micro security

Perilous Plaything

Up to no good
I've been trying to uninstall my former Trend Micro Titanium security to make way for Trend Micro Maximum Security, but it doesn't seem to want to take a hint and go.

I've tried to uninstall it from the control panel and with the diagnostic toolkit, but I'm guessing there are other ways to do it? Because it's taking far too long to uninstall. I mean, it doesn't take a couple of hours, does it?

I'm not gonna lie: I'm rubbish with computers. What else can I do to get rid of my previous security?

Thanking you kindly.

wait the hours then. leave your comp on and go to watch a movie or something

dragonskull

Dark trainer
wait the hours then. leave your comp on and go to watch a movie or something

Waiting may indeed be what you need to do, you can delete the software in other ways but looking at the normal ways also doing what they're intended to do, patience may indeed be the best solution to your problem.

Perilous Plaything

Up to no good
Waiting may indeed be what you need to do, you can delete the software in other ways but looking at the normal ways also doing what they're intended to do, patience may indeed be the best solution to your problem.

Oh, I've been patient. But five to maybe six hours of waiting hasn't done me much good, unfortunately.

Is it supposed to take that long to uninstall?

dragonskull

Dark trainer
What you also do is deleting the directory which contains the program, after that look in the %appdata% directory delete any files associated with the program and afterwards clean your register with a program (for exaple CCLeaner). This should delete most of the files and you're free from that program. Be sure to close the program before doing any of this ofcourse, otherwise it won't delete everything. I'm not sure however if you would be able to continue any form of that program from that moment on, but my guess is that you will be able to though.