• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Capcom dumps Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
No more Capcom games on Nintendo consoles?

Capcom doesn't like Nintendo. Even though they've had several successful games on Nintendo platforms, including those from the Okami and Resident Evil series, it looks like Capcom doesn't want to continue much of a relationship with Nintendo. Capcom announced today that it will be cutting production on both Wii and 3DS games.

Now this makes sense for the Wii, since the new Nintendo console is just around the corner. After all, there's no point in wasting resources on a console on its last leg. However, pulling support from the 3DS, which has barely been out three months, seems a little bizarre, especially when you consider that Capcom has two highly-anticipated games already on the release schedule (Resident Evil: Revelations and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D). Capcom has given no explanations thus far, but hopefully there are still plans to develop for the New Nintendo console. It would be a shame to see the Nintendo-exclusive Okami series, as well as any hopes for a Tatsunoko vs. Capcom sequel, dashed completely just because of an emerging preference for the PlayStation 3.

shattered-dreams.png

EDIT: The original article may have been misleading. Psychic Politoed found another article on the matter which perhaps explains tihngs better.

Last edited:

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I think that this is due to the fact none of Capcom game on the Wii has sold well. As for dumping the 3DS that is a little odd but then again I have heard that Capcom have being making bad choices.

Last edited:
Okami's Nintendo exclusive? Since when? *Has it for PS2*

Anyway... does that mean future Ace Attorney games will be on NGP? Either way, this really sucks... it'll be weird playing future 8-bit Mega Man games over XBLA... the control pad sucks, and control stick is awkward for a side-scroller. *Doesn't have a PS3* And what does this mean for Mega Man Legends 3?

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm getting a conflicting report. It still talks about Capcom cutting back on Nintendo, but the explanation is very different.

http://www.ripten.com/2011/05/23/capcom-cutting-back-on-nintendo-support-justin6464/
As the above chart illustrates, Capcom will indeed be cutting back on Nintendo offerings for the 2012 fiscal year. While this may look bad to many hardcore Nintendo fans such as myself, it can probably be explained in a business sense. For starters, Capcom could have shifted some of their resources over to Nintendo’s next home console, currently titled Project Cafe. Additionally both the Wii and DS are reaching the end of their product life cycles and it shouldn’t come as a surprise that support for the hardware is being cut.

As far as the 3DS goes, it’s a new hardware platform that is still gaining momentum. There is no reason for Capcom to flood the small current userbase with 37 titles like it did for the classic DS in 2009.

While technically Capcom is cutting back on Nintendo support I feel that, for the most part, it’s just business as usual and Nintendo fans shouldn’t worry about Capcom forgetting about the Big N anytime soon.

They said Nintendo-exclusive series, not Nintendo-exclusive game. There's a difference... that's like calling the Mega Man Legends series Nintendo exclusive cause the third is only coming out for 3DS.

Nice to see the second article's clearer.

I'm not sure what to say about this. So I'm guessing this means they don't want to make Nintendo exclusive games anymore.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
This actually isn't a big deal...and I've read it as "We want to make games for other systems first." Plus with the new console coming out no wonder.

Zibdas

not bad
Personally I saw this coming. I'm way more upset about Square not being with Nintendo...

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Forget the Resident Evil games, what's gonna become of Street Fighter 4 3DS? Will it still be available?

...Sue me, I'm a fighting game DIE-HARD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.