• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Captain High Pants and Friends.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
Captain High Pants And Friends

scrafty_by_draco_digi-d3b45ox.png

Introduction

The team has been built round Scrafty, which is in the uu tier. When bw ou first started Scrafty was a big hit a lot of people used it because you never had threats like scarf Keldeo and a lot of other good sets. Scrafty does not have good speed and can not outspeed scarf terrkion etc even after using dragon dance 2 times which is a shame because it would be really good in ou if it did. So to deal with this we use bulky Celebi with t wave to cripple pokes speed like Terrakion. This lets Scrafty sweep without a scarf poke koing it. You have to play smart to be able for this to work.

The Team

__pkmn___scrafty___by_kajiko_chan-d3ditqq.jpg

Captain High Pants (Scrafty) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Scrafty can be a mix of my main sweeper or just a little finisher at the end of the battle. Scrafty tends not to set up at the start of the battle, nless you get someone trying to set spikes and sr up with Fortress which has happend at least 5 times and I 6koed them.

Scrafty needs Celebi and Rotom to cripple the other team with T wave. It may also need mixed Dragonite and Keldeo to rip holes in their team for easy sweeps and to get rid of threats like Scizor and Breloom. I went with moxie and life orb set since Scrafty does not start there is no reason to have shed skin because I would cripple pokes or beat pokes like rotom which carry will of wisp.

Life orb gives Scrafty more power to be able to sweep while abusing drain punch it keeps it's health up, so they work well. 252 attack to sweep and 252 speed with jolly to be able to outspeed non scarf poke like terra after one dragon dance.

Crunch is used to deal with ghosts and gets a STAB thanks to Scraftys Dark fighting type. Dragon dance is used to boost Scraftys speed and attack so it can sweep. Drain punch is used for STAB and to gain hp back after Life orb has hurt it. Ice punch is used to deal with dragons and other flying types. The 4 def evds are to help live from bullet punch and extremespeed.

Celebi_y_Jirachi_by_Academico.jpg

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 126 SAtk / 252 SDef / 130 Spd
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Celebi is used for support on my team since Keldeo and Terrakion can be a threat Celebi is here to cripple their speed making them useless. The core I have used is Celebi and Rotom core. In order to get Twave set we have to have 2 pokemon that cover each weakness. Celebi stops grass types from beating Rotom, while Rotom deals with the fire and ice types, As for the bug and dark weakness Dragonite can step in.

252 sp def makes Celebi bulky. While 130 speed makes it faster than Poiltoad. 126 Sp atk helps Celebi break subs if needed and help hurt pokes which lets Scrafty sweep. Psychic is used to abuse the Stab while it can be used on Terrakion and Keldeo, it can lower sp def which works well because they will switch and I have t wave ready to cripple the next pokemon. Recover is used to regain Health and thunder wave is used to cripple scarf pokes so Scrafty can sweep.

RotomWash.jpg

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Here is my other support for Scrafty and Celebi. I have always loved the bulky Rotom set because it is a pain to deal with. You can switch the evds to 252 def when you know your foe is going use a lot of physical attackers but for this team we use 252 sp def. Rotom is used to t wave pokes that Celebi can't due to weakness or being koed.

252 Hp and 252 sp def is used to give Rotom a bulk so it can take hits such as Draco meteor from Latios and then hitting back with t wave and regaining hp with pain split. 4 def are used to to help with weak physical attackers. Calm nature helps with the bulk.

Thunderwave is used to cripple pokes and help Scrafty outspeed them. Thunderbolt is used over volt switch to deal with Skarmory and water pokes like specs toad which can ko scrafty in rain with hydropump and to abuse the STAB. Hydropump is used to deal with ground types which try use earthquake on jirachi so rotom works well with jirachi too. Pain split is used to regain health so it can keep using thunder wave on new pokes.

images

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- U Turn
- Trick

I love scarf Jirachi and that's a fact. It is used in most of my teams. The main reason I love it so much is because with scarf it outspeed a lot of pokes and the hax it gets is just silly. Jirachi is used to give Celebi, Rotom and Scrafty support by making holes in the foes team. It also covers Dragonites ice weakness and dragon weakness so as you can see all my team members look after each other.

252 attack evds and 252 speed evds are used to make Jirachi hit hard and outspeed most ou pokes. Iron head is used to abuse the STAB and to hax the foe while putting holes in their team. Fire punch deals with steel types. U turn is used to play around with pokes while switching into Celebi and Rotom to take the hit and then use t wave. Trick is used to deal with skarmory or other bulky pokes which can be a pain. It can also help Scrafty get a free set up.

images

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

Keldeo is by far one of the strongest pokes in ou and is on it's way to tested to see if it should be uber. Keldeo is used to abuse the rain if the foe uses it. It can outspeed scarf Salamence which speed ties with Jirachi. Keldeo just puts holes in teams which help Scrafty get easy sweeps.

252 sp atk and 253 speed with timid make keldeo outspeed a lot of pokes and still let it ko pokes like Thun t with Hydro pump. In rain Hydropump is deadly and can 2 ko latios if I used sr, It is used to ko pokes which can survive surf and then ko me. Surf is used to abuse the Stab and to make sure I don't miss. Icy Wind is used to ko Salamence and cripple pokes speed and let the other members finish it off. Secret sword makes Keldeo a mixed attacker and is used to deal with rotom and chansey while using that Stab to help hurt them. Keldeo does have problems with scarf Latios but thanks to Celebi and Jirachi we can stop it from being able to ko with Physhock.

dragonite_deal_with_it_by_tomdracoryu-d34of4u.png

Dragonite (M) @ Dragon Gem
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 70 Atk / 252 SAtk / 186 Spd
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- Fire Blast
- ExtremeSpeed

mixed Dragonite is a deadly threat in Ou and can get 2kos very easy by the foe thinking they are free to set up after I have used superpower or Draco. Dragonite tears holes in the foes team helping with scraftys sweep.

252 sp atk and 70 attack help rip holes into the foes team by hitting hard. 186 speed is used to outspeed pokes like Breloom and toad. Naive nature is used to help Dragonites speed. Dragon gem boosts Draco meteor so it
do a lot of damage.

Draco meteor is used to rip holes into teams while Fireblast and superpower deal with steel types such as ferrothorn and heatran. Extremespeed lets Dragonite hit first and hard so it can deal with scarfed pokes on low hp.

scrafty_rank.png

Last edited: