• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Card Faking Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ishino

Hi! Ok, Question.
How do I get the symbols (ex, type symbols, rarity, poke-power etc) from the sheet you download, onto the card? I have no idea! Im using MS paint, and i have no idea now to tranfer the symbol without takin the white BG with it.

C

Calaccio

Sorry for my idiocy but how do you move selected objects/pixels whatever around on photoshop after you place them? It says something about rasterising layers, yet I don't know how to do that. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
X

X_secretOrre_X

:O :p This tutorial... it looks somehow... familiar... :p

;386-a; Umm... Doesn't the username too?
;123; Like, uh, sorta... The Fangking? The one that had mushrooms in his avatar back in PokéLabs?

Oh. Hi again! :O You're even better... HOW CAN THIS BE!!! YOU WerE... well, awesome. NOW YOU'RE BETTER! Looks exactly like a real card. *salutes*

;356;heheheheheheheheheheehehheheheheheheheeh...
;196; LOOK OUT! DUSCLOPS!
;197; With all due respect,
;356; NOOO!!!
;197; X_secretOrre_X.

X

X_secretOrre_X

The exact location for dual weaknesses is so the middle is right underneath the K. I know this isn't very helpful, but...

Just trying to do my part.

Guy

I don't know!
cool. can't find the symbols though. :( and i don't have PhotoShop... but i do have MSPAINT. BTW, plz don't double post.

Lost4815162342

<-Vincent as a puppy
Good tutorial,But I have a question.What font,size,width etc. do I use for the minus sign on attack damage?

Dunsparce

Why do people make Light Pokemon a part "light" type card?

In Japan, they're "Tamed", not "Light". They have nothing at all to do with the element of light :/

ArrEmmDee

Lost4815162342 said:
Good tutorial,But I have a question.What font,size,width etc. do I use for the minus sign on attack damage?

Same as for multiplication or addition, I think. Gill Sans Condensed Bold at size 12, 100% width. Allow me to correct the first sentence. I'm pretty sure, actually. I went and checked this before in one of my cards, and it seems fairly bang-on identical-- so I'd go with it.

Dunsparce said:

In Japan, they're "Tamed", not "Light". They have nothing at all to do with the element of light :/

Because they're trying to get under my skin and make me mad. :<

Last edited:

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
Dunsparce said:

Because the current TCG has "Dark" Pokemon part Dark. Also, Fangking wanted to try something original sort of, and it works. Who are you to say it's wrong? The EX sets left out Light Pokemon, so Fangking took the liberty to make Light blanks for us. Be greatful that he made them for us.

Last edited:

008xtreme

Sky Leader
I've got a quastion, how can you save the fonts?

Fangking Omega

Boulder Trainer
Takes a bit of precision. If you're in Photoshop, make sure your card blank isn't a background layer, but just a standard layer, then you want the Paint Bucket tool set to clear mode with a tolerance of between 10 to 20, and erase the white background. It should then allow you to insert your background behind the blank. Just have a bit of patience and try it.

If you're on Paint, it's a bit more difficult... I'd suggest taking the Delta bit that overlaps the pic, sticking it in another document for now and erasing around it so that it's all one solid white colour (I'd suggest you save this as a separate file for future use as well), then put in your background, and later copy and paste back in the delta bit, making sure that you set white to be clear rather than opaque on selected objects, and slot it over the image. A bit difficult to follow, but it should work.

Prince_PJ

Infinity's got 23
I could just PM someone, but now I'm on the homestretch of my card being completed XD

In the guide, it mentions what you do for a Magma vs Aqua/Gym Leader thing, with the names, but where do you put the character image? I mean these things.

A5dd

Beginning Trainer
my photoshop is 7.0 version, however it don't contain the text style that fakecard required. why?

Because the current TCG has "Dark" Pokemon part Dark. Also, Fangking wanted to try something original sort of, and it works. Who are you to say it's wrong? The EX sets left out Light Pokemon, so Fangking took the liberty to make Light blanks for us. Be greatful that he made them for us.

Light Pokemon can be one of three things:

a) Tamed Pokemon, as per the original Japanese cards. These cards have a very "nice" looking picture. See, in the originals, "Light" and "Dark" were more Tamed in both respects: tamed to be good, or tamed to be bad. Light in this sense is NOT a type, it's a temperment.

d) Delta Species Pokemon, as per physics. These Pokemon were exposed to electro-magnetic radiation, which is what light is made of. Just make them either metal, or part metal. Or perhaps just a different type.

b) Psychic Pokemon, as per the Japanese typing system. The Dark type represents evil intensions, and the Psychic type represents good ones. If you want to make light Pokemon, my advice would be to make them half-psychic, half something else.

Where can I find the type icons for Ice, Poison, etc.?

Because there is no Ice or Poison type in the TCG. They use Water and Grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.