• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cardcaptor RPG Creation & Discussion Thread

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I'm not offended (yet), just confused. I have no idea what you're talking about controlling. We were all trying to decide how the events will go.

Zalck literally complained about me not running an ongoing script story and dropped out like 2 pages in or so. The words "no story" were actually typed by him.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I wasn't in the RPG yet at two pages in, so maybe that's part of the disconnect here. Maybe it was 'no story' or 'free for all' style at the beginning, but by the time I joined it didn't feel like there was much freedom at all. Anyway, let's let that that go, since this thread is for setting up our Cardcaptors RPG.

I'm going to go ahead and start throwing a plot file together based on what we've decided. And I should update the first post.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Oh I know what you're talking about. That was only because we all had wanted to end it and decided how. I worked out a way to do it and people were receptive. That's still usually something I consider an event, and isn't typical. Story pieces can last what seems to be a long time, but once it's done the RP usually goes back to freedom. That just ends the RP, and people need to decide how. Once we decided, yes I ran it but no I didn't mean to be controlling. We just wanted to kinda end it is all. But yea, different RP sorry.

Looking forward to what you come up with.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Okay, here's what I'm looking at so far. Nothing's written in stone, and there's still plenty of holes to fill in:

We also need to consider our rating.

Cardcaptors RPG (Rating?)

This RPG is based on Manga/Anime series Cardcaptor Sakura (aka Cardcaptors), and takes place after the main series (in modern times). We have tried to provide all necessary information, but some familiarity with the series will help if you intend to play.

Co-owners:
VampirateMace
rotrum
bronislav84
RaZoR LeAf

Plot:
Back in 1996, a young girl in Japan, named Sakura found a magic book created by the sorcerer Clow Reed, and accidentally released the Clow Cards (aka Star Cards) from it, waking the card's guardian, Kero (aka Keroberos, Cerberus). Kero, then set her off on the adventurous life of a Cardcaptor.

Over the next couple decades, Sakura would have many adventures, and occasional battles with foes.

But last night, Sakura faces her biggest challenge yet, an enemy as strong as any she's ever known, -X-. (some back story goes here, yepum)

High above the City Sakura faced off with -X-. Each launching spells and attacks. After a while it looks like Sakura has the upper hand, but then -X- let loose a powerful attack. Sakura manages to block it with her Key Scepter, but the force of the impact shatters the Key and the fragments are scattered across the city.

As the pieces fall, they come in contact with ordinary objects, imbuing them with the Key's magical properties.

The cards, no longer kept in the Book by the Key, flutter free as well, much to Sakura's distress. She herself fell, no longer kept aloft by the Key and The Fly card.

As morning broke, an injured, and slightly hypodermic, young Japanese woman was found on the banks of the river. She was taken to the nearest hospital to be treated, and in presumed to be in shock, as she seems to be ranting about keys, books, and magical cards.

Your day beings much like any other, but this day is special. It is the day you come in contact with an object imbued with the Key's power, and discover your first Clow Card.

Clow Cards (Star Cards) - Are magical cards with a life of their own, first created by the sorcerer Clow Reed. These cards can, when loose (unowned and not in the book), or activated by their owner's key, will take on an alternate form. For example; the card The Windy, who can make gusts in card form, can also take on the form of a woman with two pairs of wings when fully activated, or loose.

Your first Clow Card will be discovered in card form, or in a weakened version of it's alternate form, due to it's continued proximity to your Key Fragment when they fell. Please select one of the 53 original cards as your first card: (to do: Find a good link)

Other cards will be much harder to capture than this first card, but you will now have the first card to aid you. Once you battled and captured a card, you will need to seal it with your scepter, and sign it, to make it yours. You will be permitted to lend cards to allies.

Also, additional card to the original 53, can be found as we proceed with the RPG, but must be approved by at least 2 co-owners in the discussion thread.

Key Fragments (Secpter/Wand) - The object you chose to have inherit the Key powers from the fragment that fell on it, needs to be portable. It must be an object you could actually carry around. For example; sports equipment, weapons, and personal electronics.

With your Key object, you will be able command cards you own (or are borrowing), and seal cards you have battled and subdued.

Player List
1. VampirateMace
2. rotrum
3. bronislav84
4. RaZoR LeAf

Sign-Ups:

Name:

Occupation/Grade:

Appearance:

Personality:

History:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I was thinking an evil sorcerer of some kind, maybe an evil version of Clow Reed? Not necessarily a card since that can eventually be captured.

Also, dibs on phablet for my device.

How are we on interdimensional travel? I feel like using my dimensional traveler character Lektra, expecting this to be after DC ends.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Yeah, I wasn't quite sure if -X- should be a card, a monster, or a sorcerer. . .

Tablet cool. . . I figured you'd want that. I'm thinking of claiming The Jump as my card (just cause shoe-wings are cool).

I kind of feel like we should leave interdimensional travelers out of this. It's only fair that we all start on a level playing ground where everyone is human. I'm also not sure if DC will be over, I don't know how long it'll last, or how soon this'll be ready. - You could use her as the base for your character and claim The Fly as your card, and since your Key is a tablet (rather than the scepter), have the fairy wings form on her.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Totally doing that as you suggested, since you seem to like that idea Vampire. She will still specialize in magi-tech if I can fit it in. Or just be a wiz at electronic stuff if I can't. Haven't decided.

chi, Lektra is a dimensional traveler usually. She travels dimensions, which is how I explain using her in multiple RPs and retaining knowledge of them, but that's not always the case and I don't plan to use her in every RP. Only in one's she fits into. I wasn't suggesting players travel to other dimensions.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Maybe Reed sealed some darkness out of his heart away in the form of a card, hid it in the book cover/binding, but years later it got loose and took his form, since that form was familiar to it?

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
The loss of fly and jump has really destroyed my character, but this is a loss I can handle.

The enemy could be the physical form of the Apocalypse. It's a popular element in the Pretty Guardian/Mahou Shoujo world. We could also be dealing with a warlock, maybe even a demon.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
If you wanted that you should have spoken up earlier. Windy is still unclaimed, and it's pretty useful overall with how much use it got.

Or how about the Twin card interacting with some dark magic and cloning Clow Reed in an evil form from an image? Like all the skill, none of the niceness and good memories

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
I didn't know I could do that right about now. I'll probably stick to Earthy as my card. She's useful and combos well with other cards I'm hoping to get like wood and flower.

I like the twin idea, doppelgangers are interesting since they look like someone but act in unexpected ways.

rotrum

Ice Cold
Our key manifestations prolly should have a sealed and summoned form like Sakura's, ne?

We should be careful about the Elements, which have dominion over others, and cards like Mirror..

I'll probably grab The Freeze.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Plot looks good, with a bit of fleshing out it'll be perfect.

Here's your good link: http://ccs.wikia.com/wiki/Clow_Cards

I think there are certain cards we should disallow as first cards, the ones that are the strongest or wildest. Off the top of my head: Fiery, Earthy, Dark and Light. Maybe even include Watery and Windy so none of the Element/Ruling cards are taken. Windy was Sakura's go to card, so I imagine it would have grown a lot more powerful over time.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Bron: an evil doppelganger from the Mirror could work as well, yeah.

chihaya01: Just don't count your chicks before they've hatched, around 10 cards may be claimed at the start, and desirable cards will go quickest.

rotrum: Yes, the keys need a dormant and active form as well. - I have considered limiting the Elements, but since we could also nix anything that seems like power hording, it should be okay.

Monster: Hmm, it would probably depend (on the sign-up in general). It's not one of the Elements, but it is a powerful card. But if Fly is going to be a starter card, it seems fair the Power at least be considered as well.

Razor: Yeah, that's a good source. Okay, so there's mixed opinions on the Elements, maybe we should limit them as non-starters.

Last edited:

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
I was thinking Sakura keeps Windy, since they're pretty close to each other. One problem I see with this RPG is that Sakura has her name on all of these cards, so we'd have to initially return them to her or somehow win the trust of these cards so that we could put our names on them.

If I can't use Earthy any more, would Mirror be out of the question?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
chihaya01: We haven't really worked out all the details yet... but maybe the key breaking, reset the cards. And who knows what happen to the book at this point.

If Mirror created the evil clone, it's probably already out of the question. But if you pick one of the other cards you mentioned, you'd be able to go after Earthy later, if we limit the Elementals.

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
If Mirror is suddenly a minor antagonist, I think Flower would work. I'll probably trade around so I can get Earthy and all of her cards, she was my favourite. Maybe my character's goal can be saving Mirror from the Clow Reed doppelgänger. Or at least, that will be their goal upon meeting Flower.

As for Sakura's name being on the cards, Clow Reed's clone could have used Erase on the cards so that her name isn't on them anymore.