• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cardcaptor RPG Creation & Discussion Thread

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Yes I think the top tier element cards shouldn't be allowed as starter, though people with a card in their tier should be given preference on owning them. So owning Freeze would mean you have a higher chance to gain Watery and other players should yield to you. That's my idea anyway.

And if we use Mirror as the source of the clone, wouldn't the clone go away once Mirror is sealed? Same as if we use Twin. The only way this would work is if some kind of source of dark magic was involved in the creation to keep the clone in play, so the bad Clow wouldn't just be vanquished so simply.

And yea I think the cards should all reset once Sakura was vanquished.

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
There could be a bigger bad than this Clow Reed doppelgänger. He could use some card that we create for him that he uses to summon a Clow Reed clone.

If we did your tier idea, then we'd be stuck with only seven players. Unless if we make some new cards that are at the same level as Light, Dark, Windy, Watery, Fiery, and Earthy. I think trading should be a vital part of this RPG to have an entire tier to yourself.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Let's cross the bigger bad bridge when we come to it.

As for getting stuck like that, with new cards being created and trading/pooling being allowed I don't think it will be a problem. Like Vampire and I are in the same tier, but I don't think we would be antagonizing each other. Cooperating to complete the tier so we could both use it would be mutually beneficial.

Though once more people start to be friends/cooperate we really won't be competing so much as collectively wanting to have as much power to be able to combat the big bad as possible. If two people have a complete tier between them and share, both are better off. So I don't think there will be issues there.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
The Big Bad could be a card. The Nothing (from the movie) was as strong as, if not stronger, than all the other Clow Cards combined. If Clow had sealed a great evil into a card, then he would have created the Clow Cards to act as individual keys to the cage that held the evil in place, with the Key/Sceptre being the final piece.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Yes, I meant if Mirror (or Twin), and Dark Magic (perhaps also in the form of a card), created the Doppelganger. As such, this card would not be one that could be captured until the end, after fighting the big baddy.

My thought on the cards being re-sealable is that the between the Key breaking, and Sakura being out of commission, that the cards have been freed.

We could be competing Bron, though our chars usually end up as friends, don't they? Not that the RPG couldn't work even if no-one completed a tier, just having 10 cardcaptors attack at once is pretty powerful. I don't think the Tier = 7 players, argument is really that valid. As Bron said; sharing and new cards (new Elements would need to be highly regulated). But also not everyone needs an Elemental. You could have several powerful cards from different tiers, and end up being stronger than someone with only their starter and an Elemental.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Considering Chinese mythology considers Wood an elemental in equal proportion to the usual four, I'm surprise it was never an actual Elemental Card in the show/manga.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Personally I don't particularly like the big bad itself being a card, you guys. Just seems like oh seal this and the RP ends. I'm not completely opposed to the idea, just feels anticlimactic.

I think it should be an individual we have yet to come up with, or the dark magic Clow Reed clone we've already discussed. And I agree with the rest you say Vampire, including that we're usually friends.

Oh, Wood is a great idea Razor.

rotrum

Ice Cold
Wood is a compromise as far as its place goes. It was relegated to being beneath water like it would be classified in Europe, but it has the natural ability to overpower Earthy, like it would in the East.

If we made a wood tier, we'd also kind of be obligated to make a Metal Tier, which would grab cards like Sword and Mirror, and it'd be kind of a hot mess, I suspect.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
No exactly Bron, it wouldn't be a standard capture, first you'd have to defeat Evil Clow Reed, then the card(s) true forms (Mirror or Twin could potential be captured at this point), but who knows how nasty the Black Magic Card could be in it's true form. It might be worse than Evil Clow Reed, who previously took down Sakura.

Mm-hmm... messing with the Elements could potentially be dangerous, eh?

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I still think the clone should be able to exist independently without the card used to create it. Sounds like something made from Mirror of we're going to use a card. Twin seems to need the original to be nearby. But seriously the two cards are quite similar.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
We're missing a big detail here. Clow Reed isn't the master of the cards anymore, so a Dark Sakura might work better than a Dark Clow. If Sakura is catatonic, the copies continued existance after Mirror/Twin being sealed ould be explained away by it having stolen life energy and magic from Sakura.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Hmm... that is a nice way of doing it too. And it means Sakura was facing her inner demons, probably particularly her doubt. Would then the clone try to emulate the new Cardcaptors when faced with them? Increasing it's numbers and strength, and working against their character flaws?

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
That's actually genius idea, making an evil Sakura as the big bad, but I dunno. But I have to wonder if it would be that good. Her powers are all card based, so what would the clone be fighting with? I missed a lot of the show, sure, but I don't once recall her ever throwing spells. Clow Reed was an actual spellcaster too on top of the abilities he created by creating the cards.

If we have a dark Sakura, would there be dark cards too? Cause otherwise she doesn't have fighting kind of magic power of her own from what I remember. And if the clone starts making dark versions of player characters, that might be a bit too much to keep track of for whichever of the four of us is playing GM at the time.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I suppose there would have to be dark cards, a dark key, and a dark book.

10 players, means 10 dark clones max (since the Sakura clone would disappear when she changed into them). Everyone still in the RPG at the point should be facing their own clone, so it'd really just be a matter of replying to each player's post in the order they're posted. Or allowing everyone to keep track of their own clone and nixing anything that seems too easy.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I missed a lot of the show, sure, but I don't once recall her ever throwing spells. Clow Reed was an actual spellcaster too on top of the abilities he created by creating the cards.

She's had 20-30 years to learn magic and become a *****-*** magician. That's the benefits of a creative license. Missing information? Make it up!

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
So you're saying one dark clone for the entirety of the RP until fighting this big bad, then it starts making evil player clones one at a time to create an army, or turns into players one at a time so there would always be 1 evil clone? I'm kinda confused how that's going to work.

And sould players be allowed to capture dark cards or would they be limited to the mirrored Sakura who got everything of hers mirrored?

Speaking of which, where are we going to get the dark influence from that starts this trouble?

Great point Razor. Let's go with that.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Razor, you've got a good point, how do we know she hasn't learned any spells since the series end?

Bron:
Mostly, the clone wouldn't omnipotent, so it would mirror whoever it knew to be the cardcaptor opposing it... until the end when we all go to fight it, then it would mirror all of us. It's not like we'd be fighting it all the time.

Depends, while the clone(s) still exist, the dark cards would be in it's possession. If they still existed after the clone was defeated, then arc 2 of the RPG could be collecting the dark cards. Of course there would need to be some big event at the end of that, hun? Maybe restoring the guardians or something.

Well, one suggested source was an extra hidden dark card... or other artifact. Maybe there's a dark magician behind the scenes (that we could face after collecting the dark cards?) Would this make it too much of an epic?

- This would also free up the positive Mirror card, eh?

Last edited:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Ok yea that all makes sense to me.

It's genius! A dark Mirror that copies it's opposition perfectly whether one or however many, created by a dark sorcerer for arc 2. Love it!

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
How's this looking?

This RPG is based on Manga/Anime series Cardcaptor Sakura (aka Cardcaptors), and takes place after the main series (in modern times, and Sakura is now an adult). We have tried to provide all necessary information, but some familiarity with the series will help if you intend to play.

Co-owners:
VampirateMace
rotrum
bronislav84
RaZoR LeAf

Plot:
Back in 1996, a young girl in Japan, named Sakura found a magic book created by the sorcerer Clow Reed, and accidentally released the Clow Cards (aka Star Cards) from it, waking the card's guardian, Kero (aka Kerberos, Cerberus). Kero, then set her off on the adventurous life of a Cardcaptor.

Over the next couple decades, Sakura would have many adventures, and occasional battles with foes.

But last night, Sakura faces her biggest challenge yet, an enemy as strong as any she's ever known, one that knew her weaknesses, her doubts, herself... or rather Sakura X, a doppelganger of her with a dark card deck nearly identical to her own Clow Card deck.

High above the City Sakura faced off with Sakura X. Each launching spells and card based attacks. After a while it looks like Sakura has the upper hand, but then Sakura X let loose a powerful attack. Sakura manages to block it with her Key Scepter, but the force of the impact shatters the Key Scepter and the fragments are scattered across the city.

As the pieces fall, they come in contact with ordinary objects, imbuing them with the Key's magical properties.

The cards, no longer kept in the Book by the Key, flutter free as well, much to Sakura's distress. The cards no longer bear her signature. She herself falls, no longer kept aloft by the Key and The Fly card.

As morning broke, an injured, and slightly hypodermic, young Japanese woman was found on the banks of the river. She was taken to the nearest hospital to be treated, and in presumed to be in shock, as she seems to be ranting about keys, books, and magical cards.

Your day beings much like any other, but this day is special. It is the day you come in contact with an object imbued with the former Key's power, and discover your first Clow Card.

The remaining cards are wreaking havoc across the city, not to mention what Sakura X is up to. Now it's your turn to become a cardcaptor, collect the remaining cards (along with your allies and rivals), and face off against Sakura X. But, be warned, she still has another trick up her sleeve.

Clow Cards (Star Cards) - Are magical cards with a life of their own, first created by the sorcerer Clow Reed. These cards can, when loose (unowned and not in the book), or activated by their owner's key, will take on an alternate form. For example; the card The Windy, who can make gusts in card form, can also take on the form of a woman with two pairs of wings when fully activated, or loose.

Your first Clow Card will be discovered in card form, or in a weakened version of it's alternate form, due to it's continued proximity to your Key Fragment when they fell. Please select one of the 53 original cards to use as your first card (excluding the 6 Elements and Attributes: The Earthy, The Firey, The Windy, The Watery, The Light and The Dark).

Other cards will be much harder to capture than this first card (particularly the Elements and Attributes), but you will now have the first card to aid you in their capture. Once you battled and captured a card, you will need to seal it with your Key, and sign it, to make it yours.

*You will be permitted to lend cards to allies.

Also, additional card to the original 53, can be found as we proceed with the RPG, but must be approved by at least 2 co-owners in the discussion thread. Name, element/attribute, appearance, and powers, must all be included when suggesting a new card.

Key Fragments (Secpter/Wand) - The object you chose to have inherit the Key powers, from the fragment that fell on it, needs to be portable. It must be an object you could actually carry around. For example; sports equipment, melee weapons, and personal electronics.

With your Key object, you will be able command cards you own (or are borrowing), and seal cards you have battled and subdued. Your Key will also transform from it's normal/dormant state, into it's Key state when you command it. The details and extent of the transformation is up to you, barring anything too unrealistic.

Player List
#. Screen-name (char name) [Key][Card]
1. VampirateMace (???) [???][The Jump]
2. rotrum
3. bronislav84 (???) [Smartphone][The Fly]
4. RaZoR LeAf (???) [Ele. Car Key][The Shield]

Sign-Ups:

Name:

Occupation/Grade:

Key: include transformation details

Appearance:

Personality: