• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cardcaptor RPG Creation & Discussion Thread

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Ewwwwwwww, an Apple device? In my character's hand? *throws up exaggeratedly* When I said phablet I actually meant phablet. As in a phone-tablet. A Galaxy Note type phone, which is a large smartphone. Please update that.

Also you got something freaky going on after Kero is mentioned as woken up. Unnecessary comma in the second sentence after his name.

Lastly I think Sakura X should be called Dark Sakura, Sakura D (for Doppelganger), or Sakura Shadow. Just sounds cooler IMHO.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
So, a smartphone... I thought you meant a t-a-b-l-e-t, but the censor doesn't like word for some reason (I have no idea why, unless it's a drug ref? Oh...), so I put in the closest thing I could think of at the moment. You don't have to freak out, I'm fine with changing it, I'm not really a fan of apple either.

I think you're referring to an intentional comma. A dramatic pause.

We can change the name, but please not to Sakura D... that is way less cool than X: X implies Unknown, D implies failure.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
It's a large smartphone, yea. I just have an extreme dislike Apple, sorry.

Ah that was a dramatic pause comma. I get it, sorry.

Ok so D is out. What do you think about Shadow or Dark?

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
What about R (reflction) or M (mirrored)?

Also, my key will be an actual key for a car, the electroncntype with the lock/unlock buttons. And I'll be takin The Shield as my first card.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Ok so D is out. What do you think about Shadow or Dark?

Just a suggestion, but there are Shadow and Dark cards. They're both associated with Light in some way, and both are described as not being necessarily evil. Let's not continue the trend of Shadow and Dark being associated with evil.

I either want Power, Shadow, Sweet (the power to create delicious candy!) or something else entirely. I won't commit to anything until the Sign Up thread is finished, and I decide what kind of character I want to use.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Hmm... Well Monster hit why I didn't just use Shadow or Dark. R and M might be okay I suppose, but as it sounds like the clone wasn't card created, but rather created by the dark sorceress... brain hurt... Negative Sakura? Sakura-, Yami Sakura, Aku Sakura?

Okay, RaZoR, I'll add your details. Monster, I suppose I could add you a Chi to the list, since you two are obviously very interested, if it's okay with my co-owners.

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
We could just call her Doppelgänger. The only way that they could take Sakura's name is if she kills Sakura.

Since Mirror is free, I would like to have her as my card. I think my Key will be a parasol. They are my go to in Pretty Guardian RPs most of the time, and I love them a lot in real life.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I like that idea. The 'copy' is just a construct of magic (Black Magic, as opposed to 'dark' or 'shadow'?) that is just a copy. When it totally defeats what it's fighting, then it absorbs not just its magic, but it's essence, memories, and name too. Since it almost knocked out Sakura, its taken a lot of her magic, but now it can't locate her, because all the loose Clow Cards are interfering with it, creating mismatched pockets of magical energy all over the city. Because it's a magical being, it's not smart enough to listen to the radio or tv stations to know that a young Japanese woman was rushed into intensive care, it only works on what it knows, which is a distinct magical signature of the real Sakura.

Did that make sense?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Yeah, calling it Doppelgänger sounds alright to me. And those details will fit into what I've already written nicely (and flesh it out a bit, as I know it's still a bit short). Also, that means when you face it, it can only use cards it knows you have.

Edit:
This RPG is based on Manga/Anime series Cardcaptor Sakura (aka Cardcaptors), and takes place after the main series (in modern times, and Sakura is now an adult). We have tried to provide all necessary information, but some familiarity with the series will help if you intend to play.

Co-owners:
VampirateMace
rotrum
bronislav84
RaZoR LeAf

Plot:
Back in 1996, a young girl in Japan, named Sakura found a magic book created by the sorcerer Clow Reed, and accidentally released the Clow Cards (aka Star Cards) from it, waking the card's guardian, Kero (aka Kerberos, Cerberus). Kero, then charged her with recapturing the cards (which have a life of their own), and set her off on the adventurous life of a Cardcaptor.

Over the next couple decades, Sakura would have many adventures collecting cards, and occasionally battle with foes.

But last night, Sakura faces her biggest challenge yet, an enemy as strong as any she's ever known, one that knew her weaknesses, her doubts, herself... or rather her evil Doppelgänger, created through black magic, nearly identical to Sakura in appearance, with a dark card deck nearly identical to Sakura's own Clow Card deck. It soon became apparent that it wanted more than just her looks.

High above the City Sakura faces off with her Doppelgänger, Each launching spells and card based attacks. After a while it looks like Sakura has the upper hand, but then the Doppelgänger lets loose a powerful attack. Sakura manages to block it with her Key Scepter, but the force of the impact shatters the Key Scepter, and the fragments are scattered across the city.

As the pieces fall, they come in contact with ordinary objects, imbuing them with the Key's magical properties.

The cards, no longer kept in the Book by the Key, flutter free as well, much to Sakura's distress. The cards no longer bear her signature. A few cards that fall near where the remaining Key magic is being transferred into objects, are kept in check however. Sakura herself falls, no longer kept aloft by the Key and The Fly card.

Doppelgänger, frustrated and still desiring her memories and life-force, flies down after her, but looses sight of her as she falls into the wooded Riverside Park. After a brief and fruitless search, it encounters a teenage vandal, and stealing his form, slinks off unnoticed.

As morning breaks, an injured, and slightly hypodermic, young Japanese woman is found on the banks of the river. She is taken to the nearest hospital to be treated, and is presumed to be in shock, as she seems to be ranting about keys, books, and magical cards.

Your day beings much like any other, you might be getting ready for work or school, but this day is special. It is the day you come in contact with an object imbued with the former Key's power, and discover your first Clow Card nearby.

The remaining cards are wreaking havoc across the city, not to mention what Doppelgänger is up to. Now it's your turn to become a cardcaptor, collect the remaining cards (along with your allies and rivals), and face off against Doppelgänger. But, be warned, she still has another trick up her sleeve.

Clow Cards (Star Cards) - Are magical cards with a life of their own, first created by the sorcerer Clow Reed. These cards can, when loose (unowned and not in the book), or activated by their owner's key, will take on an alternate form. For example; the card The Windy, who can make gusts in card form, can also take on the form of a woman with two pairs of wings when fully activated, or loose.

Your first Clow Card will be discovered in card form, or in a weakened version of it's alternate form, due to it's continued proximity to your Key Fragment when they fell. Please select one of the 53 original cards to use as your first card (excluding the 6 Elements and Attributes: The Earthy, The Firey, The Windy, The Watery, The Light and The Dark).

Other cards will be much harder to capture than this first card (particularly the Elements and Attributes), but you will now have the first card to aid you in their capture. Once you battled and captured a card, you will need to seal it with your Key, and sign it, to make it yours.

*You will be permitted to lend cards to allies.

Also, additional card to the original 53, can be found as we proceed with the RPG, but must be approved by at least 2 co-owners in the discussion thread. Name, element/attribute, appearance, and powers, must all be included when suggesting a new card.

Key Fragments (Secpter/Wand) - The object you chose to have inherit the Key powers, from the fragment that fell on it, needs to be portable. It must be an object you could actually carry around. For example; sports equipment, melee weapons, and personal electronics.

With your Key object, you will be able command cards you own (or are borrowing), and seal cards you have battled and subdued. Your Key will also transform from it's normal/dormant state, into it's Key state when you command it. The details and extent of the transformation is up to you, barring anything too unrealistic.

Player List
#. Screen-name (char name) [Key][Card]
1. VampirateMace (???) [???][The Jump]
2. rotrum
3. bronislav84 (???) [Smartphone][The Fly]
4. RaZoR LeAf (???) [Ele. Car Key][The Shield]
5. chihaya01 (???) [Parasol][The Mirror] *
6. Monster Guy (???)[???][???] *

(* Reserved for a week [note: after sign-up thread text is finalized])

Sign-Ups:

Name:
What your parents called you and/or what your friends call you

The number of years you've walked this Earth

Boy, Girl, Neither, or some variation thereon
* You may include orientation here

Occupation/Grade:
What you do for a living and/or what school grade/major you're in

Key:
The object you have, that a key fragment fell on, include transformation details

First Clow Card:
The first card you find

Appearance:
What you look like, only include a cardcaptor costume if it's realistic you'd have something like that lying around, +8 sentences

Personality:
How you think and act, remember a good character has both virtues and vices, +8 sentences

History:
What's happened in your past, this should reflect your personality and appearance, +8 sentences

Last edited:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Doppelganger's details sound fun, and made of back magic makes sense to me. I'd like to point out this construct needs to be at least intelligent when being fought. If it's a dumb magic whatever, it wouldn't provide a challenge for Sakura let alone beat her.

Chi what's a Pretty Guardian RP? Sounds like Sailor Moon, but I wasn't aware they had Clow Cards in that.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Agreed, it has to be smart enough to learn how to fight, otherwise there's no challenge to battling it... But I think what RaZoR meant is it has no knowledge of the modern world (...yet). Once it figures out Sakura isn't master of the cards anymore though, it'll stop looking for her and leave her alone.

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
Pretty Guardian is the gender natural term for Mahou Shoujo that my friends and I use, which we derived from Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon.

Are there any other aspects that we need to work on? Did we decide on the guardians?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
*Nod* I think so, that the guardians are going to be a GM tool for guiding those who fail to self-direct (at least for arc 1, which is as far as I'm going to worry about for now, given the nature of the RPG forum. We can discuss what happens to them in arc 2 during arc 1 if we're considering changing it).

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Okay guys, I've made few updates. Let me know if there's a anything you think we still need to address, or if you're good with this as is:

Cardcaptors RPG (PG-13)

This RPG is based on Manga/Anime series Cardcaptor Sakura (aka Cardcaptors), and takes place after the main series (in modern times, with Sakura now being an adult, and having learned additional magic). We have tried to provide all necessary information, but some familiarity with the series will help if you intend to play.

Co-owners:
VampirateMace
rotrum
bronislav84
RaZoR LeAf

Plot:
Back in 1996, a young girl in Japan, named Sakura, found a magic book created by the sorcerer Clow Reed, and accidentally released the Clow Cards (aka Star Cards) from it, waking the card's guardian, Kero (aka Kerberos, Cerberus). Kero, then gave her the Key Scepter and charged her with recapturing the cards (which have a life of their own, and take alternate forms from their card forms), and set her off on the adventurous life of a Cardcaptor.

Over the next couple decades, Sakura would have many adventures collecting cards, and occasionally battle with foes.

But last night, Sakura faces her biggest challenge yet, an enemy as strong as any she's ever known, one that knew her weaknesses, her doubts; herself... or rather her evil Doppelgänger, created through a sorceresses' black magic, and nearly identical to Sakura in appearance, with a dark card deck nearly identical to Sakura's own Clow Card deck.

Sakura was unnerved by the appearance of this dark reflection, and it soon became apparent that it wanted more than just her looks.

High above the City Sakura faces off with her Doppelgänger, Each launching spells and card based attacks. After a while it looks like Sakura has the upper hand, but then the Doppelgänger lets loose a powerful attack. Sakura manages to block it with her Key Scepter, but the force of the impact shatters the Key Scepter! With a cracking sound and brilliant yellow flash, pieces of the key explode outward and these fragments are scattered across the city.

As the pieces fall, they come in contact with ordinary objects, imbuing them with the Key's magical properties, creating new Key Objects.

The Cards, no longer kept in the Book by the Key, flutter free as well, much to Sakura's distress. They also no longer bear her signature. A few Cards that fall near where the remaining Key magic is being transferred into objects, are kept in check however by the newly formed Key Objects. Sakura herself falls as well, no longer kept aloft by the Key and The Fly card.

Doppelgänger, frustrated and still desiring her memories and life-force, flies down after her, but looses sight of her as she falls into the wooded Riverside Park. After a brief and fruitless search, it encounters a teenage vandal, and stealing his form, slinks off unnoticed.

As morning breaks, an injured, and slightly hypodermic, young Japanese woman is found on the banks of the river. She is taken to the nearest hospital to be treated, and is presumed to be in shock, as she seems to be ranting about keys, books, and magical cards.

Your day beings much like any other, you might be getting ready for work or school, but this day is special. It is the day you come in contact with an object imbued with the former Key's power (this must be a portable object), and discover your first Clow Card nearby (suppressed or weakened by your key object).

The remaining cards are wreaking havoc across the city, not to mention what Doppelgänger is up to. Now it's your turn to become a cardcaptor, collect the remaining cards (along with your allies and rivals), and face off against Doppelgänger. But, be warned, she still has another trick up her sleeve.

If you are successful in defeating her (again along with allies and rivals), then you may get the opportunity to collect the dark cards as well, and go after the sorceress who created the Doppelgänger in the first place.

The Clow Card's guardians Kero and Yue were fragmented when the Key broke, and cannot take their true forms, or even appear in alternate physical forms at this time, however their remaining essence may guide the new cardcaptors (through GMs) from time to time.

Clow Cards (Star Cards) - Are magical cards with a life of their own, first created by the sorcerer Clow Reed. These cards can, when loose (unowned and not in the book), or activated by their owner's key, will take on an alternate form. For example; the card The Windy, who can make gusts in card form, can also take on the form of a woman with two pairs of wings when fully activated, or loose.

Your first Clow Card will be discovered in card form, or in a weakened version of it's alternate form, due to it's continued proximity to your Key Fragment when it fell and created your Key Object. Please select one of the 53 original cards to use as your first card (excluding the 6 Elements and Attributes: The Earthy, The Firey, The Windy, The Watery, The Light and The Dark).

Other cards will be much harder to capture than this first card (particularly the Elements and Attributes), but you will now have the first card to aid you in their capture. Once you've battled and captured a card, you will need to seal it with your Key Object, and sign it, to make it yours.

Also, additional card to the original 53, can be found as we proceed with the RPG, but must be approved by at least 2 co-owners in the discussion thread. Name, element/attribute (listed above), appearance, and powers, must all be included when suggesting a new card.

Key Fragments/Key Object (Secpter/Wand) - The object you chose to have inherit the Key powers, from the fragment that fell on it, needs to be portable. It must be an object you could actually carry around. For example; sports equipment, melee weapons, and personal electronics.

With your Key object, you will be able command cards you own (or are borrowing), and seal cards you have battled and subdued. Your Key will also transform from it's normal/dormant state, into it's Key state when you command it (“Release!”) . The details and extent of the transformation is up to you, barring anything too unrealistic.

Player List
1. VampirateMace (Lucy Rivers) [Wooden Sword][The Jump]
2. rotrum

Sign-Ups:

Name:

Occupation/Grade:

Key Object:
The object you have, that a key fragment fell on, include transformation details

First Clow Card:
The first card you find

Appearance:
What you look like, only include a cardcaptor costume if it's realistic you'd have something like that lying around, +8 sentences

Personality:
How you think and act, remember a good character has both virtues and vices, +8 sentences

History:
What's happened in your past, this should reflect your personality and appearance, +8 sentences
___

Me:

Name: Lucy Rivers

Occupation/Grade: College, Acting Major

Key Object:
Wooden Sword from a renaissance festival - This plain wooden sword is 16 inches long and made from cheap wood, printed with the name of the local renaissance festival. It is a souvenir prize Lucy won from a ring toss game when she was 17. When transformed, the sword grows into a full-size broadsword (albeit still wooden, but stronger, thicker, and more shapely), with the end of the hilt, or pommel appearing as the bird head seen on the original key.

First Clow Card: The Jump

Appearance:
Lucy is a bit short, and around average weight, with a little less curves than she would like. Her skin is a light tan, with a few freckles across her cheeks, and her jet black hair is short in a pixy cut. She's got a few minor scrapes and bruises, and a scar on the right side of her forehead. She's usually wearing at least one band-aid. Her face is oval, with soft cheekbones and a small upturned nose. Her sparkling eyes are large, and dark brown, with touches of gold around the edges of the irises.

Typically Lucy wears tank-tops and short-sleeves, and shorts. Her favorite outfit consists of a dark blue tank-top and green shorts with a matching short-sleeve hooded jacket. It's kinda 90s, but she feels she looks good in it. Add some plain white socks, black and green behind the head headphones, silver star shaped earrings, and black tennis shoes with neon green laces, and she's ready to go.

When the weather gets cold, Lucy will reluctantly put on jeans, and maybe, a black cotton trench coat.

Personality:
Lucy can be a bit of a tomboy, and is kind of a daredevil. She's not afraid to burp along with the guys and laugh at their jokes. And she certainly isn't afraid of heights or hurting herself, which she does a lot, because she likes to try new tricks when skating, but can also be a bit of a klutz. She usually has a band-aid or two in her pocket for a reason.

She doesn't wear a lot of make-up (off stage), and almost never wears pink, but she can definitely appreciate girly things, and has a ton of cutesy stuffed animals in her room. Not to mention her pink bedspread. So really, she's a closet girly-girl, but conflicted about it, because she really like being one of the guys and doing stunts with them at the skate park, and doesn't want to be seen as a prissy girly-girl. It's not that she wouldn't like a boy friend, but she doesn't want to be forced into being a girly-girl all the time, or appear weak.

Lucy likes to put on a show, whether it's preforming stunts or in the theater. She's currently an acting major at the local college, occasionally landing bit parts in local theaters. The lack of parts though has her a bit discouraged. Some of her peers have been nagging her to wear some make-up during auditions, saying she'll look pretty and it'll boost her chances. She's pretty sure skill and experience trump make-up, but she knows has to make some sort of a change.

History:
Lucy grew up an only child in an apartment building with her parents. Her childhood was nothing exceptional, neither great or horrible. She had a few friends, more commonly boys than girls, and got mostly Bs in school.

At 17 she and some friends visited a renaissance fair, and had a great time. She keeps the wooden sword she won on the wall near her bed. Last night it came in contact with a key fragment from Sakura's broken Key Scepter, which fell in her open window. The Jump Card also fell in, landing among the stuffed animals across from her bed.

At 19 she moved out, into a different apartment building, closer to the college she'd soon be attending. It was kind of nerve wrecking because a couple of her guy friends were helping her, and she spent the whole time worrying one of them would look into the wrong box and see all her girly-girl stuff. However when one of them did find a purple stuffed bear, he simply made a joke about it's overly sweet expression to the other guy, tossed it to her, and they went on with unloading her stuff.

She's nearing the end of college now, and still hasn't landed any significant roles, having to take part-time jobs to pay her bills. She's hoping to get a break soon, but waking up to a strange pink creature amongst her stuffed animals, has certainly distracted her from her discouragement.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
There's some typos and extra punctuation (I have an OCD about such things and can point it out if you want), and not sure why you put a part in italics, but it seems all good to me overall. Maybe put a CC Wiki link at the bottom or something.

Should we have a minimum required age?

And I see you created your character already. Heh, alrighty.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Yeah, could you point out the typos? I'm not sure about the extra punctuation (unless it's like two in a row) because, like before, it may be something I did on purpose for a pause, or for clarity. - Agreed, a wiki link is probably a good idea.

I don't think that we need a min age. Most people here tend to make chars that are teens to twenties... but Sakura was pretty young when she found the book. And we can always just say no to someone who wants to be like, 5.

Yep, I do that when I make a sign-up thread.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I suppose if someone want to give it a name, I'm fine with that. I tend to leave details like that off when they're not very important to the plot > in this case all the action will take place in our city, but the city could be anywhere really (which is another reason I didn't want to do a real city).

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Back in 1996, a young girl in Japan, named Sakura, found a magic book created by the sorcerer Clow Reed, and accidentally released the Clow Cards (aka Star Cards) from it, waking the card's guardian, Kero (aka Kerberos, Cerberus). Kero then gave her the Key Scepter and charged her with recapturing the cards (which have a life of their own, and take alternate forms from their card forms), and set her off on the adventurous life of a Cardcaptor.

But last night, Sakura faced her biggest challenge yet, an enemy as strong as any she's ever known, one that knew her weaknesses, her doubts; herself... or rather her evil Doppelgänger, created through a sorceresses' black magic, and nearly identical to Sakura in appearance, with a dark card deck nearly identical to Sakura's own Clow Card deck.

Sakura was unnerved by the appearance of this dark reflection, and it soon became apparent that it wanted more than just her looks.

High above the City Sakura faced off with her Doppelgänger, each launching spells and card based attacks. After a while it looked like Sakura had the upper hand, but then the Doppelgänger let loose a powerful attack. Sakura managed to block it with her Key Scepter, but the force of the impact shattered the Key Scepter! With a cracking sound and brilliant yellow flash, pieces of the key exploded outward and these fragments scatter across the city.

As the pieces fall, they came in contact with ordinary objects, imbuing them with the Key's magical properties, creating new Key Objects.

The Cards, no longer kept in the Book by the Key, flutter free as well, much to Sakura's distress. They also no longer bore her signature. A few Cards that fell near where the remaining Key magic was being transferred into objects, were kept in check however by the newly formed Key Objects. Sakura herself fell as well, no longer kept aloft by the Key and The Fly card.

Doppelgänger, frustrated and still desiring her memories and life-force, flew down after her, but lost sight of her as she falls into the wooded Riverside Park. After a brief and fruitless search, it encountered a teenage vandal, and stealing his form, slinked off unnoticed.

As morning breaks, an injured, and slightly hypodermic, young Japanese woman was found on the banks of the river. She was taken to the nearest hospital to be treated, and was presumed to be in shock, as she seemed to be ranting about keys, books, and magical cards.

Your day beings much like any other, you might be getting ready for work or school, but this day is special. It is the day you come in contact with an object imbued with the former Key's power (this must be a portable object), and discover your first Clow Card nearby (suppressed or weakened by your key object).

If you are successful in defeating her (again along with allies and rivals), then you may get the opportunity to collect the dark cards as well, and go after the sorceress who created the Doppelgänger in the first place.

The Clow Card's guardians Kero and Yue were fragmented when the Key broke, and cannot take their true forms, or even appear in alternate physical forms at this time, however their remaining essence may guide the new cardcaptors (through GMs) from time to time.

Your first Clow Card will be discovered in card form, or in a weakened version of it's alternate form, due to it's continued proximity to your Key Fragment when it fell and created your Key Object. Please select one of the 53 original cards to use as your first card (excluding the 6 Elements and Attributes: The Earthy, The Firey, The Windy, The Watery, The Light and The Dark).

Other cards will be much harder to capture than this first card (particularly the Elements and Attributes), but you will now have the first card to aid you in their capture. Once you've battled and captured a card, you will need to seal it with your Key Object, and sign it, to make it yours.

Also, additional card to the original 53, can be found as we proceed with the RPG, but must be approved by at least 2 co-owners in the discussion thread. Name, element/attribute (listed above), appearance, and powers, must all be included when suggesting a new card.

Key Fragments/Key Object (Scepter/Wand) - The object you chose to have inherit the Key powers, from the fragment that fell on it, needs to be portable. It must be an object you could actually carry around. For example; sports equipment, melee weapons, and personal electronics.

With your Key object, you will be able command cards you own (or are borrowing), and seal cards you have battled and subdued. Your Key will also transform from it's normal/dormant state, into it's Key state when you command it (“Release!”) . The details and extent of the transformation is up to you, barring anything too unrealistic.

Player List
1. VampirateMace (Lucy Rivers) [Wooden Sword][The Jump]
2. rotrum

Sign-Ups:

Name:

Occupation/Grade:

Key Object:

First Clow Card:
The first card you find

Appearance:

Personality:

History:

I've fixed it up for you Vampy, and made everything past tense since you started that way. Feel free to not use it.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Yeah, I changed tenses on purpose (present tense can be more dramatic), which is why the battle was in italics. I mean... we can use all past tense if you guys want, but I was aware I was doing it. Could you maybe highlight where I had the spelling errors? I only managed to find one, which means it must be non-English words or correctly spelled wrong words.