• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Arc

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
SO they are coming out with new Cardcaptor Sakura episodes in January 2018.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-26/cardcaptor-sakura-clear-card-arc-manga-gets-tv-anime-series-in-january-2018/.109204

http://comicbook.com/2016/11/04/new-cardcaptor-sakura-anime-announced/

The following are returning for cast:

Sakura Tange as Sakura Kinomoto
Aya Hisakawa as Keroberos
Junko Iwao as Tomoyo Daidōji
Motoko Kumai as Syaoran Li
Megumi Ogata as Yukito Tsukishiro
Tomokazu Seki as Tōya Kinomoto

"Back in June, fans were treated to a new manga series which follows Sakura Kinomoto after she graduates from Tomoeda Elementary School. The hero, who moonlights as cardcaptor tasked with corralling 52 lost Clow Cards, is now in her first year of junior high. The sequel follows Sakura after she has a very strange dream and learns of an incident that will change her life forever."

I'm curious on a few levels:
Will someone have created more cards by chance under the name Clear Cards? Is there a clear card that is missing from Sakura's cards? I haven't looked into the manga and have yet to find out the premise on it.

Do we have any Cardcaptor Sakura fans here?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'm actually surprised they got back the main cast, I thought they were only going to get back Sakura Tange since she's the title character. So there's that--but I still don't like Sakura's squeaky voice, something about it bothers me. I've struggled with it watching the sub and I'm just going to continue struggling with it here.

Anyway, I still don't feel like Clear Card is necessary, so I haven't been reading the manga either, but Madhouse has proven in that PV that the art-style transitions beautifully to digital. So if anything, I'm looking forward to seeing how everything looks in the OVA. I'm honestly still not sure if I want to watch the TV series just yet, I'm just going to use the OVA as testing ground.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Muh childhood :O

Interested in this. Still got the first movie on VHS somewhere.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm actually surprised they got back the main cast, I thought they were only going to get back Sakura Tange since she's the title character. So there's that--but I still don't like Sakura's squeaky voice, something about it bothers me. I've struggled with it watching the sub and I'm just going to continue struggling with it here.

Anyway, I still don't feel like Clear Card is necessary, so I haven't been reading the manga either, but Madhouse has proven in that PV that the art-style transitions beautifully to digital. So if anything, I'm looking forward to seeing how everything looks in the OVA. I'm honestly still not sure if I want to watch the TV series just yet, I'm just going to use the OVA as testing ground.

I'm pretty surprised as well. They're all pretty active still in their careers though, but with all probably being busy, it's nice they came back. I've never noticed her voice being squeaky tbh :p Yeah im really confused about where they'll go with this and everything but It'll be nice to see what Sakura is doing after that last movie :D

Wow I've haven't thought about this series in forever. Not since the awful dub; glad I read the manga. As for the new series I have to wait and see, as for the clear cards what makes them different from the regular clow cards?.....

the dub was just a tragedy... not even worth mentioning :p they messed everything up!

Muh childhood :O

Interested in this. Still got the first movie on VHS somewhere.

if you've only seen the dub then you need to see the subs! much better :p

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Cut me some slack, I watched the dub because we only had dial up internet at the time and it was years ago! :D

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Cardcaptor Sakura! I remember reading the manga of these back in middle school. Still have them in my manga books collection. The memories. I'm excited to see a sequel to this. It was a fun series and one I think back to from time to time. And while there was lots of magic and mystical stuff in it the thing I always remember most are the characters. Rika and her teacher are still things I think about.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
In all honesty, I didn't mind the Ocean dub. So they changed up some things and maybe cut out like one or two small scenes per episode, I don't see how it "ruined" the entire show. Ocean actually dubbed all the episodes, Kids WB screwed things up by being picky as to what episodes they would show and advertising it more for boys than for girls.

I just wish NIS America actually did a re-dub instead of using the Animax dub >_>. Because they didn't do that, I have no idea how Clear Card is going to be brought out here--sub-only, perhaps, but still...

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
If madhouse is doing it, it might be kind of good. It needs some serious polishing when you look at the older episodes.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Do we have any Cardcaptor Sakura fans here?

I'm a huge fan of the original anime and I was actually watching some episodes the other day. As for this new Cardcaptor Sakura series, I have mixed feelings. I'm getting a slight nostalgia rush, but at the same time I'm not confident that this will be as good as the first series.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
The manga's plot is getting really interesting. Unlike the Eriol arc, this time it seems like the mysteries are actually unpredictable.

Yeah, I know Akiho is definitely a cardcaptor of sorts (2 guardians and a mysterious book) and all the "transfer student/lives at eriol's house thing is getting repetitive. But who chose her? For what reason? Sakura isn't dying anytime soon (at least as of the latest events) so she's not in the same position as Clow. Why did all the Sakura cards disappear? Why are the Clear cards more complex in their powers/abilities?

And the biggest question: What does Syaoran and Toya know and why are they being secretive about it? Especially the latter, he lost his powers so why would he know about Akiho's magic powers or her intentions?

As for my expectations, I don't have much. I know people will still complain about animation quality despite Madhouse producing it b/c of some characters being drawn differently, more bishounen-like (i.e. Yukito and Toya) but I'm sure it won't be anything to worry about.

I've always wanted to see more Kero/Suppie interactions, and perhaps even some between Yuki/Nakuru as well.

We already know of 7 clear cards, and they're probably going to keep it at 19 total just like the original ones in the manga, but what about the anime? are we getting another 30-ish expansion again for marketing purposes?

Last edited:

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
BIGGEST PLOT TWIST YET!

[IMG300]https://chibiyuuto.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/akiho_momo_yuna.jpg[/IMG300]​

It's now been confirmed that Akiho does not have any magical powers nor she's aware of the events surrounding Sakura and the cards.

However...

Her caretaker, Yuna D. Kaito has strong moon-based powers and the D. in his name seems to imply (according to Eriol) that he's part of the strongest magician society of England.

Also, Akiho's beloved stuffed animal, nicknamed Momo is the same kind of creature as Kero and Suppie, however she HAS to play dead as long as Akiho is around and she even seems to be bothered by Akiho's naive personality.

Both entities are fully aware of the events regarding Sakura and the clear cards, and they are expecting "that moment that is about to come". Weird thing is, Syaoran, Eriol, Kaho and even Touya have also mentioned it with worried looks on their faces, but none of them have spoken to Sakura about it. Both Kero and Yue are just as clueless as Sakura about this.

The other 3 mysteries are

- The hidden figure in Sakura's dream has tried to steal her new key at all costs. Said figure apparently uses the same robes as the people from the england society of magicians. It has also the same height as Sakura, which means it can't be Yuna D. Kaito.

- The time when Sakura went to visit Akiho's house, she got to look at Akiho's favorite book. It has the same clock-based design motif as Yuna's clock, Momo's ear piece and Sakura's clear cards. The book is named "Alicia in the land of Clocks" and it was written in a mysterious language. However, Akiho was taught how to read it, and just when she was about to tell Sakura the story... Yuna interrupted. Akiho also mentioned she came to Japan alongside Yuna because they're looking for a certain book that is very important to Yuna. It's probably the Sakura card book, but what's the point? All Sakura cards are rended useless by now.

- Sakura has been sort of "posessed" by another entity in certain moments, the most noticeable one being when they got lost in Labyrinth. What does that have to do with everything else?

I don't know but i'm really enjoying the Clear Card arc and I can't wait to see all these mysteries unfold. The anime starts in January 7, 2018, on NHK Premium. All staff members (writers, producers, seiyuus and music composer from the original series will reprise their roles). Maaya Sakamoto will also come back to perform the opening song, CLEAR.

Last edited:

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Yay! :3 A new cardcaptors series!!! I really liked that anime, its so cute ^_^ I watched the whole thing as both the dub (as a kid) and the subbed japanese episodes.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer

Long live squeaky Sakura forever! My first exposure was with the KidsWB Cardcaptors dub, which was WAY before I got anywhere close to the subs.

The way I see it, Clamp can do no wrong so I am glad to see Clear card come out. Everybody got just a little bit older and time progressed a small amount. I am ok with this.