• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cardfight: Vangaurd

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
You can use this thread to discuss the card game, Cardfight Vanguard. Talk about any cool matches, deck ideas, talks about the next sets coming to English or Japanese format.

I guess I'll start off, I've been playing since the game came out over in the sets, generally borrowing decks from friends who play it more often then me. But after playing a local shop tournaments and doing well placing in the finals more often than not, I've decided to start venturing into competitive play by going to any regionals within driving distance. I'm currently building Link Jokers, and I'm thinking about doing Gold Paladin Liberators or Kagero. I've decided that with Set 16 I'm going to do Deletors, so thats happening.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Yo, I think I play the game less than you do but there is always more reason to play, Though a friend helped me by giving me the cards I need for the deck I currently play rarely which is musketeers, now I have to wait until set 17 for my legion. I also have recently built the set 16 legion link joker deck (a lot of theme decks). I think the major 3 reasons I'm not playing vanguard is pokemon, buddy fight and I need 3 ruth for my deck, otherwise vangaurd is not a bad game though link joker and megacolony are pretty much the 2 lock decks, psht gold paladins are everywhere.

scizor64

"sciz"
Finally a thread for vanguard on serebii! YAY!

I gave a friend of mine the nova grappler trial deck and a custom cheap megacolony deck I bought off of Ebay. Its fun to clash especially when our decks are almost at the same level. My deck recently got waaaaay stronger thanks to buying the 4 perfect cards for my dimension police deck (Diamond Ace) for a cheap price. ven? is right, Gold Paladins are everywhere.

Over the next year or so, I may try to convince some of the friends in my group to also pick up the game. Looking forward to cool memories.

Poke Trainer J

With the current direction the Anime series is heading in Japan and the impact Legion and Stride will have on the English Meta aside from G-Assist helping players get out of Grade Lock, I've been starting to lose interest in playing Cardfight!! Vanguard lately since I've been having more fun playing the Dragon Ball Z TCG by Panini America. Last Vanguard tournament I played in running Aichi Liberators I lost against Silver Thorns in the 1st round, beat Musketeers in the 2nd, and Machining Megacolony in the 3rd only to end up in 4th place overall, 1st and 2nd place finishes were Kagero and Narukami both of which were running restanders.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
I'm pumped for set 17 I'm playing Link Jokers and thats when my LR Blaster Joker comes out hehehe. I played Dragon Ball Z but there isn't that much of an intrest in my LGS yet. Last tournament I did, I played a friends Links, and took 2nd beating Duo, and Eradicators, lost out to Kagero in the finals. Thinking about Perditions Kagero along with Link Jokers come next set.

scizor64

"sciz"
Interesting. I've played (only online) against link jokers and I must say, they are really strong.

I've been meaning to purchase 3/4 Halo Shield Marks for my gold paladin deck. Trying to save up for another TCG I play though.