• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cards that got your attention?

Tiomasta

Not amused
Ever saw a card that got your attention for being so powerful, or so useful, or so cute, or so cool, or so useless or so <insert word here>?

I say Pulse of the Frontier's Breloom.
http://www.serebii.net/card/pulseofthefrontier/059.shtml

One single energy for 40 damage, and two colorless to do 60 damage and discard the defender's special energy card, all possible at the second turn? Do want.

Sinnohdragon

Dragoness~
That often happens to me, and its usually a card which isn't actually much good.

Giratina Lv.X and Floatzel GL Lv.X are two such examples. I thought Giratina's power was awsome when i first saw it, but then i realised it doesn't really make much difference. And Floatzel just reminded me of Kingdra for some reason. :/

Ever saw a card that got your attention for being so powerful, or so useful, or so cute, or so cool, or so useless or so <insert word here>?

I say Pulse of the Frontier's Breloom.
http://www.serebii.net/card/pulseofthefrontier/059.shtml

One single energy for 40 damage, and two colorless to do 60 damage and discard the defender's special energy card, all possible at the second turn? Do want.

90HP aint bad either.

I am going way back into the past to my favourite card (here). A fully colourless attack for 30 damage meant easy integration into any attacking set, and it suited the speed and offense of the various haymaker sets. Also no retreat cost and 70HP (which was more respectable way back then before nintendo felt the need to give pokemon excessive HP).

And of course it gets attention for being the best pokemon out there :).

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Hidden Legends Masquerain won me the prerelease tournament. 60 damage for only two energy? Yes please.

As far as concept, you can't get much better than Cyrus's Chatot (well, Chatot G that is). Can you imagine the stuff that bird must SAY?

Shiny Mew2

Gunshow
Anyting that looks like an EX or Star or lvl x dont care just wnat it

Tiomasta

Not amused

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
I don't know, but I love Milotic Ex from Emerald...it's usually a signature card in my deck. For guilty reasons, I also like the new Drifblim FB and all Lucian's pokemon from Rising Rivals

Tiomasta

Not amused

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I am seriously obsessed with my Giratina X from Platinum, and I am obsessed with my Arceus card from movie 12 =)

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Has anyone noticed the Steelix that does 100x damage for each coin you flip?

http://www.serebii.net/card/stormfront/028.shtml

One heads: 100 damage(50% chance of happening)
Two heads: 200 damage(25% chance of happening)

25% chance to knock down anything in your way. And usually you wont need 200 damage, 100 will be enough. Requires only two metal energy and two colourless. And a staggerring 130 HP!

Most f*cked up card imo

GalladeTheGreat

2nd Gen Trainer
Edit: double post.

Last edited:

GalladeTheGreat

2nd Gen Trainer

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
Yes i have seen that steelix
that wailord can be destroyed by my rhyperior lv x, yes it has time 2 damage to water but its hard drush attack can do up to 250 damage.
And Charizard is so cool i have the base set version it is my fav card and i always like to finish my tcg games with it!

i really like blaziken fb, blaziken fb lv x, charizard g and charizard g lv x

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
Yes i have seen that steelix
that wailord can be destroyed by my rhyperior lv x, yes it has time 2 damage to water but its hard drush attack can do up to 250 damage.
And Charizard is so cool i have the base set version it is my fav card and i always like to finish my tcg games with it!

i really like blaziken fb, blaziken fb lv x, charizard g and charizard g lv x

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
cards that caught my atention was gengar X,